+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Two trialists in the Development team tonight...................................

Two trialists in the Development team tonight...................................

Re: Two trialists in the Development team tonight...................................

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

The Livingston boys make up 2 of them & another is Tyrone Duffus who was recently released by Everton

Re: Two trialists in the Development team tonight...................................

Mr A Trialist normally performs well up in Scotland on a Saturday Afternoon, see his name appear regularly on Soccer Saturday Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    The Livingston boys make up 2 of them & another is Tyrone Duffus who was recently released by Everton
    They're the three I knew about - although, looking at this from the City website, maybe Duffus has already been given a contract?

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/teams/u23-team/

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Mr A Trialist normally performs well up in Scotland on a Saturday Afternoon, see his name appear regularly on Soccer Saturday Bob!
    Yep, prolific scorer, but he must be getting on a bit now.

Declan John is a strange one. 20 games in the premiership a few years ago and now he is playing in our u23 squad against St Austell.

Since Mckay there has been OGS, Slade, Trollope and now Warnock. None of which seem to fancy him. Shame, cos it is nice to see a local lad in the team!

This board is great when it comes to threads on youth development. I was obviously aware of the Livingston pair, but the trial/signing? of Tyrone Duffus had escaped my attention. Wouldn't be surprised if all 6 our named by the end of the evening!

Cardiff City XI team news

Cardiff City XI: Byrne, Coxe, John, Veale, Humphries, Young, M. Harris, Weymans, Meite, Trialist, Trialist.

Subs: Abbruzzese, Trialist, Waite, Trialist, Trialist, Trialist.

These guys must be related I guess?

They're the three I knew about - although, looking at this from the City website, maybe Duffus has already been given a contract?

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/teams/u23-team/

Yes it looks like he has.

I think that there are 5 trialists in total, with the other 2 being Matthew Mackinson & Chad Morris. I believe that Warren Burwood is also on the bench but for some reason they have him down as a trialist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post

Cardiff City XI: Byrne, Coxe, John, Veale, Humphries, Young, M. Harris, Weymans, Meite, Trialist, Trialist.

Inbread iddiots

A gilbert of trialists?

2 2 draw, Mark Harris & Declan John scoring. A good workout for a young U23 team

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Inbread iddiots

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post

The family name has been prolific in professional football over the years but unfortunately none of them seem to make the grade

FT......2-2 Mark Harris, Declan John

A great evening for the Trialist family though

Yes it looks like he has.

I think that there are 5 trialists in total, with the other 2 being Matthew Mackinson & Chad Morris. I believe that Warren Burwood is also on the bench but for some reason they have him down as a trialist.

Says he's signed for Oldham. A mystery unless I'm missing something.

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk...-leaves-209219

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Says he's signed for Oldham. A mystery unless I'm missing something.

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk...-leaves-209219
    I think it was his brother who played last night. Came on as sub keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I think it was his brother who played last night. Came on as sub keeper.

Yes it was his brother, Tyrone, who played for us last night although he is a midfielder.

I think the Wales On-Line reporters got very confused as they originally stated that there were 6 trialists whereas there were 5 as per the team-sheet. Also the live commentary suggested that 'Duffey' made a good save at the end whereas the team-sheet stated that Warren Burwood was the substitute 'keeper, who is already on our books.

Yes it was his brother, Tyrone, who played for us last night although he is a midfielder.

I think the Wales On-Line reporters got very confused as they originally stated that there were 6 trialists whereas there were 5 as per the team-sheet. Also the live commentary suggested that 'Duffey' made a good save at the end whereas the team-sheet stated that Warren Burwood was the substitute 'keeper, who is already on our books.
    Ah thanks. Mystery solved.

Yeah he's a midfielder.

Is McGugan still with us?