Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
This report says 4 year contract (and describe him as 'wantaway'):

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com...-idriss-saadi/

Official | RC Strasbourg complete signing of striker Idriss Saadi

Newly promoted RC Strasbourg have signed wantaway Cardiff striker Idriss Saadi until 2021.

The Algerian international transferred to the Bluebirds in 2015 after promising stints at Clermont and Saint-Etienne, yet he struggled to make an impact in the Championship. The 25-year-old managed just two first team appearances for the club and was shipped out on loan to Belgian outfit Kortrijk last season.

Saadi seemed pleased with his latest quest, “I am really happy to sign for such a great club. Strasbourg is part of the history of French football and for the first time in my career, I have the feeling of being part of a project that goes beyond the field. Everything is gathered here: the speech of the leaders seduced me, the coach knows me well, the city is beautiful, the public is passionate … I arrive with confidence but also with a lot of humility, ready to do my work Service of the collective and to give me 100%.”d

A.R.
Well it’s pretty obvious he was made welcome here and was never really treated as he should have been, no wonder he like numerous others couldn’t wait to move on. Let’s hope things will now change and players that are brought in actually get a chance.