+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Saadi has left the building

Re: Saadi has left the building

Prove us all wrong except you. You're the only one who's championed him from the start

What's happened to Otto mate? Ain't seen him on here for a while? Or has he changed username?

There's an interesting post-Plymouth interview with Warnock up on the club's iFollow site.

Talking about Saadi he said the club had turned down a couple of bids that didn't meet their valuation, then accepted the Strasbourg bid because it did. Described it as a good deal for Cardiff.

He also said that Saadi's family are all still in France and it suited everyone for him to take the 5 year contract on offer. Finally he said he was happy with Saadi this pre-season (although implied Saadi hadn't been integrated before). It seems he was fitting in this time around and made more welcome.

Finally he said that the deal emerged very quickly - after Monday this week. The implication was that this was an offer the club couldn't refuse but they hadn't actively been trying to offload. He said still no plans to bring anyone else in (despite Saadi leaving) and he would be happy to start the season with what he's got. Warnock has got the teeshirt, though, so that could all be guff for the media and his real plans and aspirations are something else!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Prove us all wrong except you. You're the only one who's championed him from the start

What's happened to Otto mate? Ain't seen him on here for a while? Or has he changed username?

I even kept faith with Zohore though i must admit i thought Gunnarsson was shot until Warnock took over.

I don't know mate. He disappeared from the Bluebirds forum overnight and he seems to have done the same here.

I think when the football posts die out he loses patience and does a runner.

I'm the same. Sometimes I'll post all day then I'll have a break!

Shame cos he's a top poster and always contributes with well thought put threads.

Maybe he's having a break til the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There's an interesting post-Plymouth interview with Warnock up on the club's iFollow site.

Talking about Saadi he said the club had turned down a couple of bids that didn't meet their valuation, then accepted the Strasbourg bid because it did. Described it as a good deal for Cardiff.

He also said that Saadi's family are all still in France and it suited everyone for him to take the 5 year contract on offer. Finally he said he was happy with Saadi this pre-season (although implied Saadi hadn't been integrated before). It seems he was fitting in this time around and made more welcome.

Finally he said that the deal emerged very quickly - after Monday this week. The implication was that this was an offer the club couldn't refuse but they hadn't actively been trying to offload. He said still no plans to bring anyone else in (despite Saadi leaving) and he would be happy to start the season with what he's got. Warnock has got the teeshirt, though, so that could all be guff for the media and his real plans and aspirations are something else!

We must be the only club in Europe that only do deals that are undisclosed!

I assume we must have got at least a million if we had turned down bids already for him.

I do hope we reinvest the Saadi money as i still think we're now a maybe a striker and a midfielder short

This report says 4 year contract (and describe him as 'wantaway'):

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com...-idriss-saadi/

Official | RC Strasbourg complete signing of striker Idriss Saadi

Newly promoted RC Strasbourg have signed wantaway Cardiff striker Idriss Saadi until 2021.

The Algerian international transferred to the Bluebirds in 2015 after promising stints at Clermont and Saint-Etienne, yet he struggled to make an impact in the Championship. The 25-year-old managed just two first team appearances for the club and was shipped out on loan to Belgian outfit Kortrijk last season.

Saadi seemed pleased with his latest quest, “I am really happy to sign for such a great club. Strasbourg is part of the history of French football and for the first time in my career, I have the feeling of being part of a project that goes beyond the field. Everything is gathered here: the speech of the leaders seduced me, the coach knows me well, the city is beautiful, the public is passionate … I arrive with confidence but also with a lot of humility, ready to do my work Service of the collective and to give me 100%.”

A.R.

Banned

Well done NW for outing a player who don't want to be here. Mate

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Still think the most likely reason he's left is that he didn't settle in this country.
    There is a clip on youtube "The integration of Idris Saadi which backs you up Bob.

It was filmed when he joined Kortrij last year and he mentions how much easier it is to visit his family when he is on mainland Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    We must be the only club in Europe that only do deals that are undisclosed!

I assume we must have got at least a million if we had turned down bids already for him.

I do hope we reinvest the Saadi money as i still think we're now a maybe a striker and a midfielder short
    If we got a million for Saadi, then I'd say we made something like a 1,000 per cent profit on him - I'm only guessing, but I'd be surprised if we got that much for him.

Just saw the interview with Warnock after the Plymouth match which Jon refers to - I reckon he's covered everything our manager had to say about Saadi there and I also tend to agree with him about Warnock's "guff for the media"!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If we got a million for Saadi, then I'd say we made something like a 1,000 per cent profit on him - I'm only guessing, but I'd be surprised if we got that much for him.

Just saw the interview with Warnock after the Plymouth match which Jon refers to - I reckon he's covered everything our manager had to say about Saadi there and I also tend to agree with him about Warnock's "guff for the media"!
    I'd love to know how much we got for him.
    I can't help but think that if the fee was anything like £1 million then we've given them a bargain.

He's undoubtedly playing at a higher level than the players he's left behind (although there is a bigger spread of strengths in ligue 1, probably covering the premier league and entire championship in one league- if that makes sense).
    Looking at the going rate for a striker in that league , even near the bottom that seems low.
    Also looking at the going rate for players who have scored heavily in the Belgian league that seems low.
    Also looking at the going rate for players who have scored a lot at ligue 2 level that seems low.

I think when he first came to us he was making his way back from injury, and that has influenced many people's opinions of him.

Personally I think that the writing was on the wall for him when we signed Ward, as I don't see both of them fitting into the squad - and Warnock clearly trusts Ward

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    This report says 4 year contract (and describe him as 'wantaway'):

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com...-idriss-saadi/

Official | RC Strasbourg complete signing of striker Idriss Saadi

Newly promoted RC Strasbourg have signed wantaway Cardiff striker Idriss Saadi until 2021.

The Algerian international transferred to the Bluebirds in 2015 after promising stints at Clermont and Saint-Etienne, yet he struggled to make an impact in the Championship. The 25-year-old managed just two first team appearances for the club and was shipped out on loan to Belgian outfit Kortrijk last season.

Saadi seemed pleased with his latest quest, “I am really happy to sign for such a great club. Strasbourg is part of the history of French football and for the first time in my career, I have the feeling of being part of a project that goes beyond the field. Everything is gathered here: the speech of the leaders seduced me, the coach knows me well, the city is beautiful, the public is passionate … I arrive with confidence but also with a lot of humility, ready to do my work Service of the collective and to give me 100%.”d

A.R.
    Well it’s pretty obvious he was made welcome here and was never really treated as he should have been, no wonder he like numerous others couldn’t wait to move on. Let’s hope things will now change and players that are brought in actually get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Well it’s pretty obvious he was made welcome here and was never really treated as he should have been, no wonder he like numerous others couldn’t wait to move on. Let’s hope things will now change and players that are brought in actually get a chance.
    I blame Slade, he had a clear dislike for foreign players.

Let's hope he brings in someone with as much potential. I don't want to be relying on Pilkington up top if Ken got injured

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'd love to know how much we got for him.
    I can't help but think that if the fee was anything like £1 million then we've given them a bargain.

He's undoubtedly playing at a higher level than the players he's left behind (although there is a bigger spread of strengths in ligue 1, probably covering the premier league and entire championship in one league- if that makes sense).
    Looking at the going rate for a striker in that league , even near the bottom that seems low.
    Also looking at the going rate for players who have scored heavily in the Belgian league that seems low.
    Also looking at the going rate for players who have scored a lot at ligue 2 level that seems low.

I think when he first came to us he was making his way back from injury, and that has influenced many people's opinions of him.

Personally I think that the writing was on the wall for him when we signed Ward, as I don't see both of them fitting into the squad - and Warnock clearly trusts Ward

I agree. Taking Famara Diédhiou as an example - his goalscoring record is pretty similar to Saadi's & Bristol City have just shelled out £5.3m for him. As I said earlier in the thread, if we accepted less than the £1.6m we paid out for Ward then I can't help feeling that we have lost out here.

I also hope that we have included a decent sell on clause as a good season with Strasbourg could easily result in Saadi's value increasing to £5m plus.

So, how accurate are the values on here?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/idri...spieler/111057

I can accept that his transfer value doubled as a result of his spell at Kortrijk, but I don't agree with the figure we, allegedly, paid Clermont at all. I'd be surprised if it was a quarter of that and, at this time last year, he had done nothing at Cardiff to justify an increase in transfer value on what we had paid for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Officially joined Strabourg. 4 year deal.
    You beat someone elses Breaking news thread by 8 mins
    LeAdeR

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Let's hope he brings in someone with as much potential. I don't want to be relying on Pilkington up top if Ken got injured
    I think Warnock has Ward to fill in for Ken if the latter got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I think Warnock has Ward to fill in for Ken if the latter got injured.
    Very different style of player though.

I wonder if Saadi forced this move. This transfer was on the cards before preseason really so no surprise just disappointment.

I've seen nothing of Fred to say he can make the step up but I said that about Ken. I just would be interested to see how Warnock is likely to line up his 11.

I would like to see a new CM and a new striker and then I'd be happy to let a few go. Gutting really as Noone and Pilks have shown real glimpses of Premier League talent but far far too inconsistent.