Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
Fred is a real mystery.

Last season he was our No 9. Trollope expected him to be the main man, or at least to play the centre forward role with competence until Lambert got going. Neither happened and that massive miss at St Andrews on the first day defined his reputation with fans.

Then Warnock arrived and he immediately started to talk Fred up. He was the best finisher in training. He put in an effective shift when he played - he didn't threaten to score a goal but his work rate was impressive and he tied up defenders and made space for others.

Then he got injured and disappeared from sight. Airbrushed out of history. Never mentioned again. Wales Online mutter about a loan to Belgium now and again, but their hearts aren't really in it.

So who knows? He might finally slink out the back door to an extended loan somewhere over the channel until his contract is up, or he may get the Warnock treatment and be unleashed on an unsuspecting Championship to cause havoc. I suspect the former, but....
If i had the choice of keeping Fred of Saadi i would honestly choose Fred. I seen a clip on youtube of someone taking the piss of his highlights in a Cardiff shirt.

The miss against Brum wasn't the best but there are plenty of better players than him who have missed those chances.

His miss against Bristol Rovers wasn't really a miss at all. He done everything right. His movement and touch were good then he hit the inside of the post!

Like i said i know the club are spending a lot of money on his rehab due to a long running injury and i can't see us recouping much money for him so i can only assume Warnock has plans for him.