Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
The 20 goal a season striker is in response to others citing his record on loan in Belgium.

He may have looked to have had something about him - plenty have looked good in small cameos, been poor when given longer chances.

Guerra I always thought was an odd signing. 32, never played outside Spain. Just didn't seem a good fit to me. Can't judge his release on purely football reasons, chances are he didn't settle here off the pitch. Burgstaller I thought was average during the pre-season. Revell is imo unfairly maligned - never was a heavy scorer but worked hard. Not our finest signing but put a shift in. Doyle was a cheapish punt that he could translate his scoring form at lower levels into the Championship.

I'd agree we need options for a striker behind Zohore. Saadi didn't strike me as someone who would be an effective like for like with Zohore. Given Fred's non appearance in pre-season, he's probably off soon - body type, he's almost certainly the best like for like replacement for Zohore. Maybe more players need to be shifted out, free up wages for a striker to come in? Who knows, maybe even a Prem loan?

What I'd say is the signings Warnock has made have given us more goals spread out within the team than we had before. Zhore is on fire at the moment but we definitely need to not rely on one guy.
Revell is much maligned because he was shit and should never have been playing at this level. Running around like a headless chicken, putting a "shift in" but not actually doing anything doesn't really cut it for me. Give me a laid back striker with a footballing brain like Jay Bothroyd any day.

Burgstaller was the best player up st Coventry in the league cup and did decent against Huddersfield in the league from recollection.

Guerra may not have settled and that may be the case with Saadi, the truth is none of us know.

Anyway were going off track now. Time will tell on whether or not the right decisions have been made with regards to our striking options.