+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saadi has left the building

Re: Saadi has left the building

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Fred is a real mystery.

Last season he was our No 9. Trollope expected him to be the main man, or at least to play the centre forward role with competence until Lambert got going. Neither happened and that massive miss at St Andrews on the first day defined his reputation with fans.

Then Warnock arrived and he immediately started to talk Fred up. He was the best finisher in training. He put in an effective shift when he played - he didn't threaten to score a goal but his work rate was impressive and he tied up defenders and made space for others.

Then he got injured and disappeared from sight. Airbrushed out of history. Never mentioned again. Wales Online mutter about a loan to Belgium now and again, but their hearts aren't really in it.

So who knows? He might finally slink out the back door to an extended loan somewhere over the channel until his contract is up, or he may get the Warnock treatment and be unleashed on an unsuspecting Championship to cause havoc. I suspect the former, but....
    If i had the choice of keeping Fred of Saadi i would honestly choose Fred. I seen a clip on youtube of someone taking the piss of his highlights in a Cardiff shirt.

The miss against Brum wasn't the best but there are plenty of better players than him who have missed those chances.

His miss against Bristol Rovers wasn't really a miss at all. He done everything right. His movement and touch were good then he hit the inside of the post!

Like i said i know the club are spending a lot of money on his rehab due to a long running injury and i can't see us recouping much money for him so i can only assume Warnock has plans for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    A combination of Stella, Stella and more Stella obviously.
    Let's not derail the thread there's a good chap. We wouldn't want you screaming you're the victim of bullying again now would we precious. Xxx.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Let's not derail the thread there's a good chap. We wouldn't want you screaming you're the victim of bullying again now would we precious. Xxx.
    Totally agree with you there.

Let's not derail any thread, shall we.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    If i had the choice of keeping Fred of Saadi i would honestly choose Fred. I seen a clip on youtube of someone taking the piss of his highlights in a Cardiff shirt.

The miss against Brum wasn't the best but there are plenty of better players than him who have missed those chances.

His miss against Bristol Rovers wasn't really a miss at all. He done everything right. His movement and touch were good then he hit the inside of the post!

Like i said i know the club are spending a lot of money on his rehab due to a long running injury and i can't see us recouping much money for him so i can only assume Warnock has plans for him.
    Cmon mate your not even kidding yourself

Nurse, nurse......

Nurse, nurse...... Croesy and Hartley are not playing nicely!

Nurse, nurse...... Croesy and Hartley are not playing nicely!
    Please don't give him the attention he's craving we are having a decent football discussion for once

Banned

Please don't give me the attention I'm craving we are having a decent football discussion for once

Please don't give him the attention he's craving we are having a decent football discussion for once
    I just want to know what you're up to with Stella and if Matt has to preserve board decency!

I was thinking the same earlier. This board needs more football chats so long may it continue.

I genuinely think that Fred could come good & is far from the flop that some think he is. That said I would take Saadi over him every time so I am interested to understand why you would prefer Fred if given the choice?

Cmon mate your not even kidding yourself
    I always thought he had something mate. If you were to ask me before that Wolves game who would come good out of Zohore and Fred i would have said Fred.

The game in Europe is very different to what it is here. I watch a bit of Ligue 2 and the hardest thing is projecting whether a player there could be the same under the intensity the game is played here.

My hope is that Fred will have looked at Zohore and thought "i want a bit of that".

I live in hope but i do think it's a possibility.

I just want to know what you're up to with Stella and if Matt has to preserve board decency!
    No Stella tonight I'm afraid. My chum Matty need not get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I was thinking the same earlier. This board needs more football chats so long may it continue.
    For a football forum it's the one topic that's sadly lacking in quality

Banned

How can posters have a "decent" discussion with people like Hartley when he abuses everyone after a few sherbets.

I genuinely think that Fred could come good & is far from the flop that some think he is. That said I would take Saadi over him every time so I am interested to understand why you would prefer Fred if given the choice?
    My reasoning is cos i only saw 20 minutes of Saadi and most of that he was injured.

I also think Saadi is the type of striker who plays in behind from the goals i have seem of him.

Fred seems far more apt bringing players into the game amd playing with his back to goal.

The way we play with pace oit wide relies on this and i think Zohore would be more than capable of playing the "little man" role if Warnock wanted to revert to 4-4-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    How can posters have a "decent" discussion with people like Hartley when he abuses everyone after a few sherbets.
    Go away lad

International

I will move on when I am ready thanks

Saadi is 4 years younger than Fred, recently won his first international cap & is deemed good enough for a French first division side to grant him a 4 year contract. On the other hand we have paid £1.6m for a striker who has scored 46 goals in the last 8 seasons at Championship & League 1 level.

I know it is not fashionable to criticise Warnock but I feel that we may well have got the rough end of the deal here.
    what deal? there was no 'deal'. the two transfers are unconnected. A deal implies if one didn't happen the other one couln't but in tis cae that is not true. Ward was already a done deal.
    Maybe the club was made an offer they didn't want to refuse for a player they knew didn't really want to be here anyway.
    Better to take the money or keep paying him for sitting on his arse?

I always thought he had something mate. If you were to ask me before that Wolves game who would come good out of Zohore and Fred i would have said Fred.

The game in Europe is very different to what it is here. I watch a bit of Ligue 2 and the hardest thing is projecting whether a player there could be the same under the intensity the game is played here.

My hope is that Fred will have looked at Zohore and thought "i want a bit of that".

I live in hope but i do think it's a possibility.
    What little I seen of him I thought he got bullied very easily for a guy of his size and didn't enjoy the physical nature of the English game.

What little I seen of him I thought he got bullied very easily for a guy of his size and didn't enjoy the physical nature of the English game.
    Neither did Zohore mate.

I think if he scored that goal against Brum he may have settled better.

I thought he didn't react well when our crowd got on his back for not running about like Revell and you could see him go into his shell.

I'm hoping he will view Zohore as the blueprint of how to turn things arpund

Revell is much maligned because he was shit and should never have been playing at this level. Running around like a headless chicken, putting a "shift in" but not actually doing anything doesn't really cut it for me. Give me a laid back striker with a footballing brain like Jay Bothroyd any day.

Burgstaller was the best player up st Coventry in the league cup and did decent against Huddersfield in the league from recollection.

Guerra may not have settled and that may be the case with Saadi, the truth is none of us know.

Anyway were going off track now. Time will tell on whether or not the right decisions have been made with regards to our striking options.
    agreed

Neither did Zohore mate.
    Yep, we were all wrong on him, but I think he's got more attributes about him than Fred. He's faster and more powerful. I think with Zahore it was more down to being a bit lazy where as I think Fred tried his best it just weren't happening for him. A good striker will brush off the bad misses but they really seemed to shatter his confidence.

Yep, we were all wrong on him, but I think he's got more attributes about him than Fred. He's faster and more powerful. I think with Zahore it was more down to being a bit lazy where as I think Fred tried his best it just weren't happening for him. A good striker will brush off the bad misses but they really seemed to shatter his confidence.
    I'm not so sure mate. I watched Zohore a few times for the dvp and he looked incredibly raw and didn't have a clue how to link the play and like Saadi only looked a threat in behind.

The ball seemed tp stick more to Fred and he used it quite well. His problem was that he looked mentally fragile and i hope he can return with a bit more confidence.

Another I'll add is that when Fred was playing he was hardly surrounded with a team on the front foot. We didn't even look like creating chances under Trollope and he didn't have many starts under Warnock.

I'm not so sure mate. I watched Zohore a few times for the dvp and he looked incredibly raw and didn't have a clue how to link the play and like Saadi only looked a threat in behind.

The ball seemed tp stick more to Fred and he used it quite well. His problem was that he looked mentally fragile and i hope he can return with a bit more confidence.

Another I'll add is that when Fred was playing he was hardly surrounded with a team on the front foot. We didn't even look like creating chances under Trollope and he didn't have many starts under Warnock.
    Yes that's a fair point on Trollope. The QPR home game where Caulker totally dominated Fred I don't think we got near their box, let alone create any chances, and he certainly didn't have any help from midfield.

You've obviously seen more than me but what's impressed me about Ken is not really his hold up play, but when he gets in front of his man, or the ball over the top, he's very powerful.

That goal he scored against Preston, and the recent goals / assists for Denmark, I just don't think Fred has that type of goal / play in his locker.

Yes that's a fair point on Trollope. The QPR home game where Caulker totally dominated Fred I don't think we got near their box, let alone create any chances, and he certainly didn't have any help from midfield.

You've obviously seen more than me but what's impressed me about Ken is not really his hold up play, but when he gets in front of his man, or the ball over the top, he's very powerful.

That goal he scored against Preston, and the recent goals / assists for Denmark, I just don't think Fred has that type of goal / play in his locker.
    Neither do i mate. I don't think he can do what Zohore has done but i think Zohore could possibly be better than Bothroyd if he stays for another few seasons with us.

I do think Fred could be a better option than paying 2 million plus for a striker in a similar mould though and he could compliment Zohore.

I believe the injury Fred currently has may be a long term one which may have hindered his progress here. I hope he comes back hungry and proves us all wrong.