Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
If we got a million for Saadi, then I'd say we made something like a 1,000 per cent profit on him - I'm only guessing, but I'd be surprised if we got that much for him.

Just saw the interview with Warnock after the Plymouth match which Jon refers to - I reckon he's covered everything our manager had to say about Saadi there and I also tend to agree with him about Warnock's "guff for the media"!
I'd love to know how much we got for him.
I can't help but think that if the fee was anything like £1 million then we've given them a bargain.

He's undoubtedly playing at a higher level than the players he's left behind (although there is a bigger spread of strengths in ligue 1, probably covering the premier league and entire championship in one league- if that makes sense).
Looking at the going rate for a striker in that league , even near the bottom that seems low.
Also looking at the going rate for players who have scored heavily in the Belgian league that seems low.
Also looking at the going rate for players who have scored a lot at ligue 2 level that seems low.

I think when he first came to us he was making his way back from injury, and that has influenced many people's opinions of him.

Personally I think that the writing was on the wall for him when we signed Ward, as I don't see both of them fitting into the squad - and Warnock clearly trusts Ward