+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saadi has left the building

Saadi has left the building

Officially joined Strabourg. 4 year deal.

Re: Saadi has left the building

Bollocks - for some reason that's really disappointing...

I am very disappointed as I felt that he should be given a chance with us. He has a decent goalscoring record, is an international player & is only 25 so I hope that we have negotiated a very good fee for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Bollocks - for some reason that's really disappointing...
    Win some, lose some. Strasbourg's website said he signed on Friday, which is when he played for us vs Taff's Well, which is a bit odd. Either way, he had a similar record to Fred in Belgium so I'll live!

Disappointed. Looked strong and physical and a good shout. Never the less, hope we got a fee , and his wages off the books. O'keefe and no one next please.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Disappointed. Looked strong and physical and a good shout. Never the less, hope we got a fee , and his wages off the books. O'keefe and no one next please.
    Don't forget John. Once those 4 go, I think that could be that if Fred goes to Belgium.

Also disappointed, and a bit confused.

Warnock said he was prepared to give him a chance, he did, Saadi scored a couple and thought he'd have done enough to stay.

Still, I trust warnock, maybe Saadi was on silly money and warnock needs to free up some cash to make another signing?

Still think the most likely reason he's left is that he didn't settle in this country.

Undisclosed fee according to the club - can't see it being too much, but I bet it's more than we paid for him.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...rc-strasbourg/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Still think the most likely reason he's left is that he didn't settle in this country.

He hasn't had the opportunity to settle bearing in mind he was shipped out on loan to Kortrijk last season

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    He hasn't had the opportunity to settle bearing in mind he was shipped out on loan to Kortrijk last season
    He was in this country for the majority of 15/16.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Undisclosed fee according to the club - can't see it being too much, but I bet it's more than we paid for him.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...rc-strasbourg/

I would hope that for Saadi we got at least the £1.6m we paid for Danny Ward. If not I can't help feeling that we have been short-changed here.

I am very disappointed as I felt that he should be given a chance with us. He has a decent goalscoring record, is an international player & is only 25 so I hope that we have negotiated a very good fee for him.
    is that the 101st player over last few years brought in and never given a chance?

I would hope that for Saadi we got at least the £1.6m we paid for Danny Ward. If not I can't help feeling that we have been short-changed here.
    Strasbourg wouldn't pay £1.6m for anyone, let alone Saadi. He's had one decent season in Belgium, where he scored one more goal than Fred in one more game. He's not Pele. He said he didn't want to be here on twitter in Belgium, and we've got a fee. Let's move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Strasbourg wouldn't pay £1.6m for anyone, let alone Saadi. He's had one decent season in Belgium, where he scored one more goal than Fred in one more game. He's not Pele. He said he didn't want to be here on twitter in Belgium, and we've got a fee. Let's move on.

I will move on when I am ready thanks

Saadi is 4 years younger than Fred, recently won his first international cap & is deemed good enough for a French first division side to grant him a 4 year contract. On the other hand we have paid £1.6m for a striker who has scored 46 goals in the last 8 seasons at Championship & League 1 level.

I know it is not fashionable to criticise Warnock but I feel that we may well have got the rough end of the deal here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    is that the 101st player over last few years brought in and never given a chance?
    Maybe he didn't settle off the pitch here in the UK.
    Maybe he didn't train particularly well.

There are many reasons players fail at clubs.

I doubt many managers would want to not give an out and out goalscorer chances...

Saadi is 4 years younger than Fred, recently won his first international cap & is deemed good enough for a French first division side to grant him a 4 year contract. On the other hand we have paid £1.6m for a striker who has scored 46 goals in the last 8 seasons at Championship & League 1 level.

I know it is not fashionable to criticise Warnock but I feel that we may well have got the rough end of the deal here.
    French Ligue 1 side who were promoted having just won Ligue 2. Let's not pretend he's gone to PSG.

You also seem to claim Ward is his replacement - yet Warnock mentioned Saadi playing the 10 role, competing with Tomlin.

Would I have Tomlin over Saadi? Absolutely.

Trust in Warnock.

I guess as fans we assume players love the club and city as much as we do. When in reality they are guns for hire and have no real connection with us. It's not often a player such as Mcnaughton , or a Whitingham fully buys into it.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Maybe he didn't settle off the pitch here in the UK.
    Maybe he didn't train particularly well.

There are many reasons players fail at clubs.

I doubt many managers would want to not give an out and out goalscorer chances...
    There was something about his body-language that seemed to suggest he wasn't entirely happy here. I don't recall him giving any interviews, no comments in the press from him expressing his hopes & desires to force his way into the reckoning at our club, his pre-season goals he scored recently ... no expression on his face, little interaction with team mates, nothing in fact.

I think Warnock looks for character in his players - maybe Saadi didn't have that something about him, on the training ground and in the dressing room?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    French Ligue 1 side who were promoted having just won Ligue 2. Let's not pretend he's gone to PSG.

You also seem to claim Ward is his replacement - yet Warnock mentioned Saadi playing the 10 role, competing with Tomlin.

Would I have Tomlin over Saadi? Absolutely.

Who is pretending that he has gone to PSG?

Saadi is a striker so not sure why Warnock felt that he was competing with Tomlin for an attacking midfield slot - maybe it was his way of deflecting the fact that he had already paid out £1.6m of a limited transfer budget on another striker. If I was to choose Danny Ward or Saadi then on balance I would go with Saadi based on what I have seen.

I feel that sometimes Warnock is a bit too quick to judge & does not give some players a chance. Emyr Huws is a good example & I think that Saadi is another one. Let's not forget that he was very close to bombing Zohore out based on what he saw in training & now we have a £10m plus striker on our hands. Don't get me wrong, I was very pleased to see Warnock come here & overall feel that he has done a really good job. That said, Warnock is not perfect & should not be beyond criticism.

Ward signing does seem a bit Revell-like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Ward signing does seem a bit Revell-like
    I agree with the sentiment that, with the limited amount we've seen of both players, Saadi seems the more likely to score goals for us than Ward. However, Warnock sees them in training every day and, based on everything he needs from a player, has decided that Ward is the better option.

I'm generally delighted with what Warnock's achieving so far, so I'm not going to start questioning his judgement based on nothing but a gut feeling. The uncertainty of the overall alchemy in a team is the joy of football and I look forward to Ward proving he had what Warnock was looking for

We don't need Saadi.

We've got Fred.

He is in the cryo-lab in the bowels of the CCS at this moment, being programmed by Bellers to emerge as RoboStriker!

Job done!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    We don't need Saadi.

We've got Fred.

He is in the cryo-lab in the bowels of the CCS at this moment, being programmed by Bellers to emerge as RoboStriker!

Job done!
    Just waiting for the lightning to strike in the form of JtJ saying he's shit and then he should be ready for the season!