+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Forced migration of children sex abuse scandal

Forced migration of children sex abuse scandal

A bigger scandal than Jimmy Savile, says Gordon Brown

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7852041.html

Re: Forced migration of children sex abuse scandal

Its an astonishing sad story , I can get my head around it , the children in the pictures look so happy , were a lot of them orphans due to the war , that the state could not keep or give any decent quality of life ??

There was an Australian film called 'leaving of Liverpool' in the early 1990s about it.
    Fictional characters but really sad and I remember nearly filling up as 'working class hero' by a John Lennon played over the credits.
    'As soon as you're born they make you feel small' and al that ...

Apparently GP's pressured candidates (unmarried mother's, the less well off, etc) to report to the local nunnery, where they were further pressured into give up their babies for adoption, with promises of a better life for the child, etc. It seems very likely that the government were orchestrating the whole process. This info was shared by an Aunt was told by her doctor to report to Nazareth House, where they promptly tried to get her to give up her pending child. Luckily her parents were supportive and she told them to go to hell, but an incredible amount of pressure was applied, and obviously a lot of lies and coercion.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    There was an Australian film called 'leaving of Liverpool' in the early 1990s about it.
    Fictional characters but really sad and I remember nearly filling up as 'working class hero' by a John Lennon played over the credits.
    'As soon as you're born they make you feel small' and al that ...
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2431286/

Similar stuff went on in Ireland to USA, it makes you realise how better folk are looked after now and how current folk underestimate the life they have now in comparison ,the poor were so badly cared for back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2431286/

Similar stuff went on in Ireland to USA, it makes you realise how better folk are looked after now and how current folk underestimate the life they have now in comparison ,the poor were so badly cared for back in the day.
    I'm guessing it was known that some of these children would end up being exploited, so it was a production line of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Apparently GP's pressured candidates (unmarried mother's, the less well off, etc) to report to the local nunnery, where they were further pressured into give up their babies for adoption, with promises of a better life for the child, etc. It seems very likely that the government were orchestrating the whole process. This info was shared by an Aunt was told by her doctor to report to Nazareth House, where they promptly tried to get her to give up her pending child. Luckily her parents were supportive and she told them to go to hell, but an incredible amount of pressure was applied, and obviously a lot of lies and coercion.
    facking ell that's shocking truly shocking mate
    and disturbing too

I'm guessing it was known that some of these children would end up being exploited, so it was a production line of sorts.
    slaves if you will

I should imagine this wasn't just going on in the UK , nor was any number it attrocities against vulnerable poor victims adults or children with no voice or recourse to justice , mankind is capable of appalling acts of cruelty, some on the gaze of religious people and organisations .

Blog Entries

The same thing happened to my mum 50 odd years ago, she was under age and pregnant, she was not allowed to keep the baby so she went in to a nursing home where she stayed until she gave birth, but that happened to every young girl who was pregnant back then, it was nothing sinister, they just thought it was the best thing to do at the time, they stayed in the homes so they could keep their pregnancy a secret not so they could be brainwashed in to giving up their baby.
    My sister went to a great family and had a good childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    The same thing happened to my mum 50 odd years ago, she was under age and pregnant, she was not allowed to keep the baby so she went in to a nursing home where she stayed until she gave birth, but that happened to every young girl who was pregnant back then, it was nothing sinister, they just thought it was the best thing to do at the time, they stayed in the homes so they could keep their pregnancy a secret not so they could be brainwashed in to giving up their baby.
    My sister went to a great family and had a good childhood.
    This is basically my story, and the reason I was born in Bristol I was not supposed to come back to Cardiff with my mother. I would have been Rovers not City

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    This is basically my story, and the reason I was born in Bristol I was not supposed to come back to Cardiff with my mother. I would have been Rovers not City
    Did your parents stay together? even though my parents wanted to get married and keep my sister nobody thought they would, my mum was only about 16 at the time, they did stay together though and are still together now, my sister was not expecting to find them both when she went searching.

btw, if I had stayed living where I was born I would be a Chelsea fan.

Did your parents stay together? even though my parents wanted to get married and keep my sister nobody thought they would, my mum was only about 16 at the time, they did stay together though and are still together now, my sister was not expecting to find them both when she went searching.

btw, if I had stayed living where I was born I would be a Chelsea fan.
    Yes Mrs. R, they married not long after my mum came back to Cardiff, I have only understood in recent years, that my mum stayed in Bristol for 6 weeks, I thought i was an in and out job, (my mum and dad stayed in rooms when they 1st got married with my mums sister.) my nan was a fabulous lady and i loved the time i remember being at her house, butter wouldn't melt, but she was a fiery lady and would play f**k with my grandad, he was a big fella, but once nan went off on one he was a wreck the inequality in society, is not exclusive to current times, my mum and dad had a tough time growing up, like many at the time, the help that they got was from their respective families and with one side from Splott and the other from Strangetown you can imagine we are not a wealthy family but amongst the tough times have had some great times as we did last night.

Blog Entries

Yes Mrs. R, they married not long after my mum came back to Cardiff, I have only understood in recent years, that my mum stayed in Bristol for 6 weeks, I thought i was an in and out job, (my mum and dad stayed in rooms when they 1st got married with my mums sister.) my nan was a fabulous lady and i loved the time i remember being at her house, butter wouldn't melt, but she was a fiery lady and would play f**k with my grandad, he was a big fella, but once nan went off on one he was a wreck the inequality in society, is not exclusive to current times, my mum and dad had a tough time growing up, like many at the time, the help that they got was from their respective families and with one side from Splott and the other from Strangetown you can imagine we are not a wealthy family but amongst the tough times have had some great times as we did last night.
    Just seen your pic it's nice to get everyone together, it does not happen very often with my lot, there is always someone working or away, plus we are all quite far apart, not like the old days when we would all be in London at my Nan's for Christmas, I do miss her, she was full of guilt over my sister though bless her, she wouldn't sell her house in London until my sister was old enough to find them, then one day my sisters boyfriend knocked on her door pretending to be an insurance salesman to see if they still lived there.

Tip of the iceberg....

100,000 children go missing every year in the UK(in the US the number is close too 500,000).
    More than 200 million children today are child labourers, 73 million of these children are below 10 years old.
    Since 1982 about 30 million children have been trafficked for sex industry.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Tip of the iceberg....

100,000 children go missing every year in the UK(in the US the number is close too 500,000).
    More than 200 million children today are child labourers, 73 million of these children are below 10 years old.
    Since 1982 about 30 million children have been trafficked for sex industry.
    Surely 100,000 don't go missing and are never found annually?

Just seen your pic it's nice to get everyone together, it does not happen very often with my lot, there is always someone working or away, plus we are all quite far apart, not like the old days when we would all be in London at my Nan's for Christmas, I do miss her, she was full of guilt over my sister though bless her, she wouldn't sell her house in London until my sister was old enough to find them, then one day my sisters boyfriend knocked on her door pretending to be an insurance salesman to see if they still lived there.

Obviously times and attitudes change, I like it that my mum is just 16 years older than myself, Julie's mum had her when she was 44 (and she had twins!!) Julie's parents were older than my grandparents.

Blog Entries

Obviously times and attitudes change, I like it that my mum is just 16 years older than myself, Julie's mum had her when she was 44 (and she had twins!!) Julie's parents were older than my grandparents.
    44 is not much younger than me, if I had twins now I'd have no hair left.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Surely 100,000 don't go missing and are never found annually?
    yeah shit hide and seek init!

over 300,000 are reported missing each year, 100,000 go missing. best estimates, some might be reported more than once in those stats. Even if you took 4 zeros of that figure its still worrying.

The original hyperbole statement is typical brush under the carpet, like Saville was the beginning and the end, he was just a continuum.

Any idea which country imports the most children for sex abuse (Source, Misha Glenny - McMafia)?