+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT: Plymouth 0 - 1 Cardiff. Match thread

FT: Plymouth 0 - 1 Cardiff. Match thread

Cardiff City team news

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Connolly, Morrison, Manga, Bennett, Gunnarsson, Ralls, Damour, Mendez-Laing, Zohore, Ward.

Subs: Murphy, Richards, Bamba, Peltier, K. Harris, Tomlin, Halford, Kennedy, John, Meite.

Re: Plymouth v Cardiff

Plymouth Argyle team news

Plymouth Argyle: McCormick; Threlkeld, Edwards, Bradley, Taylor-Sinclair; Songo’o, Fox; Ainsworth, Carey, Grant; Jervis.

Subs: Te Loeke, Sawyer, Sarcevic, Lamerias, BLissett, Sokolik, Wylde, Bentley, Fletcher, Sangster.

Strong starting 11 for us.

Interesting that Meite and John are on the bench. Shop window (again) for Declan?

Been quite surprised how strong the lineups have been this tour, they must have a lot of faith in the medical team to treat any knocks.

Re: Plymouth v Cardiff. Match thread

I hope we're playing 3 at the back because if not and we're playing a 4 why are we using Conolly as a right back when we have 2 on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I hope we're playing 3 at the back because if not and we're playing a 4 why are we using Conolly as a right back when we have 2 on the bench?
    It does look like a 3-5-2 with Bennett on the left wing and Mendez-Laing on the right

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    It does look like a 3-5-2 with Bennett on the left wing and Mendez-Laing on the right
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Been quite surprised how strong the lineups have been this tour, they must have a lot of faith in the medical team to treat any knocks.
    The can't have on past their past record

News feed from Plymouth Herald with a crowd pic. Says we are playing 4-3-3

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/live...ail/story.html

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

I agree mate, Connolly is poor at full back.
    Jazz has just come on though.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I agree mate, Connolly is poor at full back.
    Jazz has just come on though.
    Apart from an injury crisis I just don't see the point of him playing there.

Goal. Zohore

Normal service is resumed.

He's having a great pre-season.

quick free kick from Lee Tomlin.

Re: Latest: Plymouth 0 - 1 Cardiff. Match thread

loads of subs 2nd half. eight so far

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    loads of subs 2nd half. eight so far
    Well you are by the sea, I suppose you may see some ships as well as subs later on.

Attendance according to The Herald online:

5,021 at Home Park tonight with 495 here for Cardiff included.

The Plymouth Herald mentioned in their commentary how unfit Tomlin looks but how skilful he is.....I thought he's lost loads of weight....At least the Brizzle city site said he had before he came here.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Well you are by the sea, I suppose you may see some ships as well as subs later on.
    Creigiau is not by the sea

Re: FT: Plymouth 0 - 1 Cardiff. Match thread

Has the game finished yet??

Sounds like another good work out. Unless we sign another striker let's hope that Zohore stays fit as it's hard to see where the goals will come from if he's out. Great to see Zohore & Tomlin working well together although the comments about Tomlin looking unfit are concerning. Not sure why he would be unfit as he has had a full pre-season with Bristol City & us - maybe that's why Warnock has been slow to play him.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Attendance according to The Herald online:

5,021 at Home Park tonight with 495 here for Cardiff included.
    Fair play that's an excellent away following for a Friday night pre-season friendly. Safe journey home Bluebirds

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Sounds like another good work out. Unless we sign another striker let's hope that Zohore stays fit as it's hard to see where the goals will come from if he's out. Great to see Zohore & Tomlin working well together although the comments about Tomlin looking unfit are concerning. Not sure why he would be unfit as he has had a full pre-season with Bristol City & us - maybe that's why Warnock has been slow to play him.
    I don't know how he would have had a "full pre-season" with anyone. If the reports are true, he hasn't played for Bristol for several months due to a fall out. Add to the fact that he has been allegedly commuting from Leicester for training each day - it's likely that he wasn't attending every session. If that's the case, he probably hasn't been a part of the Bristol set-up for a long time and hasn't been keeping up to pace with 'match fitness' in their brief pre-season before joining us...

Since he only joined us last week, even if he has trimmed down physically, playing in his first (slightly) competitive match for a long time would have likely knocked the shite out of him. Warnock's job will now be getting him involved with more intense training and match practice before being ready for competitive action.

I would imagine that he will warm the bench for the first couple of league games, perhaps being an impact sub before he is up to speed - but be a starter against Portsmouth in the league cup.

(All of this will be proved wrong, no doubt)

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't know how he would have had a "full pre-season" with anyone. If the reports are true, he hasn't played for Bristol for several months due to a fall out. Add to the fact that he has been allegedly commuting from Leicester for training each day - it's likely that he wasn't attending every session. If that's the case, he probably hasn't been a part of the Bristol set-up for a long time and hasn't been keeping up to pace with 'match fitness' in their brief pre-season before joining us...

Since he only joined us last week, even if he has trimmed down physically, playing in his first (slightly) competitive match for a long time would have likely knocked the shite out of him. Warnock's job will now be getting him involved with more intense training and match practice before being ready for competitive action.

I would imagine that he will warm the bench for the first couple of league games, perhaps being an impact sub before he is up to speed - but be a starter against Portsmouth in the league cup.

(All of this will be proved wrong, no doubt)

As a professional footballer who has been in pre-season training with his last club & us, I would expect Lee Tomlin to be able to cope with 45 minutes against the likes of Taffs Well & Tavistock, unless he was carrying an injury. Last season Sol Bamba had not played for 2 months & was without a club for over a month when he joined us but was fit enough to play well for 90 minutes against Bristol City.

If Tomlin looked unfit, as reported by the Plymouth Herald, I would hope that they were either mistaken or he has been carrying an injury which has restricted his training. If not then Warnock needs to kick him up the backside & I am confident that he will do just that. I assume that your comment about Tomlin missing sessions due to living in Leicester is speculation on your part, if not then this needs to be sorted out asap - if this was happening then under Lee Johnson I am sure that Neil Warnock will put a stop to it.

Tomlin doesn't look unfit to me & I have read a number of comments from Bristol City fans about the weight he appears to have lost so hopefully the Plymouth Herald are talking a load of tosh. I am confident that he will be a key player for us next season & I am looking forward to seeing him in action when the season kicks off. Unless he is carrying an injury I fully expect him to start the game against Burton.