+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: Plymouth 0 - 1 Cardiff. Match thread

Re: Latest: Plymouth 0 - 1 Cardiff. Match thread

The attached article suggests that Tomlin has been carrying an injury which may explain the unfit comments:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...rnock-13369159

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Creigiau is not by the sea
    Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    The attached article suggests that Tomlin has been carrying an injury which may explain the unfit comments:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...rnock-13369159
    I haven't replayed the Warnock interview from last night to check - but I think he said Tomlin had only been doing some bike work at Bristol before joining us because of an injury. Nothing major, but enough to put him a few weeks behind everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    As a professional footballer who has been in pre-season training with his last club & us, I would expect Lee Tomlin to be able to cope with 45 minutes against the likes of Taffs Well & Tavistock, unless he was carrying an injury. Last season Sol Bamba had not played for 2 months & was without a club for over a month when he joined us but was fit enough to play well for 90 minutes against Bristol City.

If Tomlin looked unfit, as reported by the Plymouth Herald, I would hope that they were either mistaken or he has been carrying an injury which has restricted his training. If not then Warnock needs to kick him up the backside & I am confident that he will do just that. I assume that your comment about Tomlin missing sessions due to living in Leicester is speculation on your part, if not then this needs to be sorted out asap - if this was happening then under Lee Johnson I am sure that Neil Warnock will put a stop to it.

Tomlin doesn't look unfit to me & I have read a number of comments from Bristol City fans about the weight he appears to have lost so hopefully the Plymouth Herald are talking a load of tosh. I am confident that he will be a key player for us next season & I am looking forward to seeing him in action when the season kicks off. Unless he is carrying an injury I fully expect him to start the game against Burton.
    I thought Tomlin did look a bit unfit last night. As if he was carrying a niggling injury. He seemed to be treading carefully rather than busting gut to get into spaces. Saying that there were glimpses of creativity and such.
    Spedger