+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Moldova Away

Moldova Away

I have seen a few tweets from Corky which suggests that we are expecting more than the normal 5% ticket allocation for this game although the stadium only holds 10,400. Attendances for their home games v Ireland & Serbia were around the 6,000 mark but for us they are expecting a full house due to Gareth Bale playing, which I expect will influence the amount of tickets they are prepared to give us.

I really hope that all of those who travel get a ticket although due to the size of stadium & demand from the locals this could prove to be a challenge.

Re: Moldova Away

Just copied this off the FAI site regarding their visit to Moldova:-

"The FAI continues to negotiate with all participating nations to cater for the most loyal Ireland supporters, who come under the Republic of Ireland Soccer Supporters Clubs and Fans' Direct.
    Under the Away Ticketing Scheme, so far in this qualifying campaign over 4,500 loyal supporters have been supplied with tickets for the draw with Serbia in Belgrade and the victories over Moldova and Austria in Chisinau and Vienna respectively.
    Serbia:*1,500 tickets allocated*/ 642 tickets sold
    Moldova:*1,316 tickets allocated / 986 tickets sold
    Austria:*3,066 tickets allocated / 3,066 tickets sold"

I don't know how many have booked to go but if we could get the same as Ireland I would hope that would cover everyone travelling.

Also I am surprised how many Ireland sold for Serbia as it seems very low. I think we took around 2,000 to Belgrade which was a great effort!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I don't know how many have booked to go but if we could get the same as Ireland I would hope that would cover everyone travelling.

Also I am surprised how many Ireland sold for Serbia as it seems very low. I think we took around 2,000 to Belgrade which was a great effort!
    I am booked Lot air from Heathrow.
    Just need a match ticket.
    Why are they not on sale yet?
    Ridiculous

Fan Embassy Wales have tweeted that by attending 6 out of last 10 away games will guarantee a Moldova ticket. By my calculations the last 10 away games cover this qualifying tournament, the Euro 2016 qualifiers & the friendly games v Ukraine & Sweden.

I don't know how many tickets we have got but apparently we have been allocated more than expected, although the FAW are still trying to get some more.

Fan Embassy Wales have tweeted that by attending 6 out of last 10 away games will guarantee a Moldova ticket. By my calculations the last 10 away games cover this qualifying tournament, the Euro 2016 qualifiers & the friendly games v Ukraine & Sweden.

I don't know how many tickets we have got but apparently we have been allocated more than expected, although the FAW are still trying to get some more.
    For that to work they have to go 6-5-4-3-2-1
    I have 5 so remain hopeful.
    And of course absurdly the Euro games don't count.

We have been allocated 1200 tickets which is a good effort by the FAW. It is pure guesswork on my part but I think that 1200 will be enough to cater for our travelling supporters but I could be wrong.

We have been allocated 1200 tickets which is a good effort by the FAW. It is pure guesswork on my part but I think that 1200 will be enough to cater for our travelling supporters but I could be wrong.
    Given the difficulty getting out there I think you are correct. Top marks to FAW and the Moldova end.