It's in the Scum

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/40797...-news-kenneth-

£20 million then please

Re: Brighton after Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    It's in the Scum

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/40797...-news-kenneth-

£20 million then please
    Ken did really well under Trollope and will no doubt be looking forward to going there to be back up to Murray and Baldock

Or to put it another way - would be a stupid move which he'll have already worked out unless his agent is going to get a huge wedge out of in which case £15m please and on loan to Villa in the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Ken did really well under Trollope and will no doubt be looking forward to going there to be back up to Murray and Baldock

Or to put it another way - would be a stupid move which he'll have already worked out unless his agent is going to get a huge wedge out of in which case £15m please and on loan to Villa in the new year.
    And ending up at Middlesbrough,a lot richer though.

Somebody posted on there that "there's more chance of Sludge copping off"

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post

Just saw that too

Could be a lifeline for Brighton fans with old Zamora tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Could be a lifeline for Brighton fans with old Zamora tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post

Brilliant.

I'd stick another £5 million at least on his valuation if a Premier League club came in with a bid. I also happen to think it would be a really poor move for him because I can see Brighton coming straight back down again.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

"Ken did really well under Trollope" ???????????????????????????????????

I must have been asleep for this, as I recall, he only came good under "OUR NEIL"

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Brilliant.
    if you are 10 years old yeah

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    "Ken did really well under Trollope" ???????????????????????????????????

I must have been asleep for this, as I recall, he only came good under "OUR NEIL"
    Whoosh

A few days ago Warnock was talking about clubs starting to make panic buys as we move in August & I think that he was referring to the potential sale of the likes of Noone, John, O'Keefe or maybe Pilkington. Exactly the same situation applies to Zohore & if interest continues to rise & bidding starts to creep up I hope that we can hold our nerve.

Player power can play a part in decisions to sell players but reading between the lines, I wouldn't be surprised if Warnock has made an agreement with Zohore to stay this season & then move on next summer. The challenge for us will come if we get any offers close to £15m which is not out of the question judging by the money currently being spent by premier league sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    A few days ago Warnock was talking about clubs starting to make panic buys as we move in August & I think that he was referring to the potential sale of the likes of Noone, John, O'Keefe or maybe Pilkington. Exactly the same situation applies to Zohore & if interest continues to rise & bidding starts to creep up I hope that we can hold our nerve.

Player power can play a part in decisions to sell players but reading between the lines, I wouldn't be surprised if Warnock has made an agreement with Zohore to stay this season & then move on next summer. The challenge for us will come if we get any offers close to £15m which is not out of the question judging by the money currently being spent by premier league sides.
    We get an offer of £15 million from a Championship club and I suppose we have to consider accepting it, but an offer of the same figure from a Premier League club and I'd tell them to up it by £5 million - they'll pay that if they are desperate enough.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We get an offer of £15 million from a Championship club and I suppose we have to consider accepting it, but an offer of the same figure from a Premier League club and I'd tell them to up it by £5 million - they'll pay that if they are desperate enough.
    I can't see a championship club offering £15m but I can see a premier league club like Brighton offering that sort of money. I agree that if we get a big offer from the premier league then add a lot more on as we seem to be holding most of the cards here as Zohore is under contract & appears to be happy.

With the season looming and the squad taking shape as NW wants it, I would hope that Hull, Brighton and whoever else comes calling are told to piss off. I appreciate it would take big balls to turn down offers possibly exceeding £15m but after the last few years we as fans deserve an exciting season on the field. The amount of money for 1 Championship player is obscene, but at this time I feel that Ken is integral in our coming season and what he offers would be very hard to replace unless we fell really lucky.

Ken is currently our player and doesn't owe us a lot in financial term. If he stays for another year and fulfills half his potential, then his value will move to the next level. I do however feel that January could be a time when we find it very hard to hang onto him.

Didnt Glen Murray work with NW at Palace?
    Wouldnt be surprised to see and exchange plus money?
    Murray is 34 and past it prem wise but is useful at our level?

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    With the season looming and the squad taking shape as NW wants it, I would hope that Hull, Brighton and whoever else comes calling are told to piss off. I appreciate it would take big balls to turn down offers possibly exceeding £15m but after the last few years we as fans deserve an exciting season on the field. The amount of money for 1 Championship player is obscene, but at this time I feel that Ken is integral in our coming season and what he offers would be very hard to replace unless we fell really lucky.

Ken is currently our player and doesn't owe us a lot in financial term. If he stays for another year and fulfills half his potential, then his value will move to the next level. I do however feel that January could be a time when we find it very hard to hang onto him.

It's a two way thing mind, fans need to purchase season tickets to repay the boards faith...anybody know how many have been sold ?

I think the club would be crazy to even consider letting Zohore go for anything less than £15m. But like the OBW said, if a prem club comes along then stick another £5m on top and then hope a bidding war starts lol.

This is an interesting development (and worrying if you want to watch a competitive and exciting Cardiff next year). In all honesty I think we would lose money if we accepted less than £20M for Ken - but I can see that figure being met from the Prem before the end of August if he starts off like a rocket.

When you look at what is being paid for players now then I genuinely don't know how you'd replace what he brings the side this late in the transfer window. I'm also concerned that NW has said that if Zohore isn't here at the start of the season then NW won't be either.

I just want the season to start now and for everyone else and their bids for Ken to bugger off!

Are we totally convinced Zohore is worth £15 - 20m and is going to score, say, 25 goals next season? I was as thrilled as anyone to see his goals last season - many were brilliantly taken and showed genuine class. But I also saw him in a couple of games toward the end of the season when he was almost anonymous - though some might say he didn't get good service. He was also affected by some heavy tackles in those games.

I just feel we need to be realistic and don't rely on one man for our Championship challenge. Would a proven Championship goal scorer (who we could buy with a large slice of the money we got for Zohore) be preferable to one with considerable potential?

I'm resigning myself to Zohore going before the window shuts or even before the season starts. It's a double edged sword though if he starts the season with us. If he struggles to score in our early games it'll mean we'll be way down the table but he'll most probably stay, if he starts like a train, banging them in for fun, we'll be right up there but he'll be gone, albeit for big money before the window closes. I wonder if Neil is planning for life without him and has a few irons in the fire? On balance it'd be better if he goes after a few wins & goals giving us a bit of time to bring two or even three replacements in with the inflated fee. Just hope we squeeze ridiculous money out of someone, otherwise there'll be taxi drivers coming out with 'I haven't been down the City since they sold Tosha.....err Zohore"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    In all honesty I think we would lose money if we accepted less than £20M for Ken.....
    There is some amazing stuff in this and most other threads I've read concerning Zohore this summer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this 23 year-old has so far had less than half a decent season at Championship level. I saw him in February against Fulham and he was excellent against what was a very generous defence, but I'd also watched him a month earlier against Burton and he was absolutely dreadful. He had an eleven-game, two-month purple patch, during which he netted an impressive total of ten goals, but he then scored just one in the last six matches of the 2016/17 campaign.

Does anybody seriously believe clubs would pay out sums like £10 million, £15 million or even £20 million for a player with such a record? It appears so, but to me that looks like wishful thinking to put it mildly.

^^

'Silly season' 'desperation' ' chancing it' etc

It can happen, and it might.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    There is some amazing stuff in this and most other threads I've read concerning Zohore this summer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this 23 year-old has so far had less than half a decent season at Championship level. I saw him in February against Fulham and he was excellent against what was a very generous defence, but I'd also watched him a month earlier against Burton and he was absolutely dreadful. He had an eleven-game, two-month purple patch, during which he netted an impressive total of ten goals, but he then scored just one in the last six matches of the 2016/17 campaign.

Does anybody seriously believe clubs would pay out sums like £10 million, £15 million or even £20 million for a player with such a record? It appears so, but to me that looks like wishful thinking to put it mildly.
    C'mon Dave, you're not in exile anymore, you took a couple of aways in last season, you must have noticed that football has gone even crazier than the years before your 'time out'. There's ridiculous money sloshing about in the Premier Division, even the Championship has gone money nuts. If Zohore bangs a few in early August a club like Brighton, if they have a dodgy start, may press the panic button and offer a daft fee. Hopefully the daft fee will be for Trollope's last season's starting centre forward, Fred, 😀. Rickie Lambert, even with our limited funds, was our ridiculously expensive (over expensive by our current standards) panic purchase, I'd have thought on ratio that he turned out more expensive than anything paid for Zohore.