+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if Brighton did come in with a 20 million bid?

Re: What if Brighton did come in with a 20 million bid?

If we are (apparently) receiving bids in the region of £15m for a player who scored 12 goals last season, imagine what we could get if he continued the form he had towards the end of the season and did it for a whole season

£8 million upfront I think will be enough to tempt us to sell, let's not get silly now after one decent season.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    £8 million upfront I think will be enough to tempt us to sell, let's not get silly now after one decent season.
    Scott Hogan had half a decent season and went for 12m. What you and I would call a sensible price doesn't matter now, transfer fees are mental. Also, after what Warnock has said, if he goes for 8m, the club will have undone all the good work they've done in the last 8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Scott Hogan had half a decent season and went for 12m. What you and I would call a sensible price doesn't matter now, transfer fees are mental. Also, after what Warnock has said, if he goes for 8m, the club will have undone all the good work they've done in the last 8 months.
    'For a transfer fee that could reach 12m' you mean.

What I said is '£8 million upfront may be enough to tempt us to sell'. I stick by that.

Weren't west ham trying to buy hogan.

Can't be that bad can he?.

Brighton just took a loan striker from Chelsea on seasons loan.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Weren't west ham trying to buy hogan.

Can't be that bad can he?.
    Were they?

Hmmmmmmm, Mexico's record goal scorer with a proven pedigree in the top leagues of England, Germany and Spain......or Scott Hogan who did ok at Brentford?

Can't believe they wasted 16 million on Chicarito when they could have got an injury prone striker that has never kicked a ball in a top tier division.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40714453

Looking at the sort of player Brown is (attacking midfield/number ten), I wouldn't say we can relax in the knowledge that Brighton won't be coming in for Zohore now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    'For a transfer fee that could reach 12m' you mean.

What I said is '£8 million upfront may be enough to tempt us to sell'. I stick by that.
    It was £9m up front, going to 12m. Hogan has had 2 major ACL injuries and can't stay fit at Villa. Kodjia had a good season and went for £15m 12 months ago. If the club take £8m for Zohore, it feels like another Toshack moment. They'd lose Warnock and a generation. The club cannot afford to cock it up this summer, next year though, will be a different proposition without the parachute payments.

What on earth is going on here. The club, Mehmet Dalman, Vincent Tan and NW have all stated clearly on a number of occasions that Zohore is not for sale. Zohore himself has stated that he is happy here and not leaving and has signed a new contract. Brighton cant afford yet to pay £20 million for one player and are already favourites for relegation. Yet there are still people on here deliberately constantly speculating that he wiil be leaving soon for amounts varying between £5 million and £20 million. I dont know what else the club can do to stop all this happening. For gods sake give us all a break and look forward to the new season with optimism for a change. Some of these comments are making us fans look like idiots and are damaging for everyones morale at a crucial time. Get behind CCFC for a change and stop moaning/speculating. I can expect this sort of thing from media outlets like The Sun and Wales Online who have other motives but not from people who are supposed to have the clubs interests at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Will this loan striker on loan, be playing up front on his own, being as he's classed as a loan striker, before he was loaned.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Will this loan striker on loan, be playing up front on his own, being as he's classed as a loan striker, before he was loaned.
    Izzy a loan, then?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What on earth is going on here. The club, Mehmet Dalman, Vincent Tan and NW have all stated clearly on a number of occasions that Zohore is not for sale. Zohore himself has stated that he is happy here and not leaving and has signed a new contract. Brighton cant afford yet to pay £20 million for one player and are already favourites for relegation. Yet there are still people on here deliberately constantly speculating that he wiil be leaving soon for amounts varying between £5 million and £20 million. I dont know what else the club can do to stop all this happening. For gods sake give us all a break and look forward to the new season with optimism for a change. Some of these comments are making us fans look like idiots and are damaging for everyones morale at a crucial time. Get behind CCFC for a change and stop moaning/speculating. I can expect this sort of thing from media outlets like The Sun and Wales Online who have other motives but not from people who are supposed to have the clubs interests at heart.
    "Stop moaning" says the moaniest post on the thread

Loads of championship strikers have now sold for 10m+ it's not even rare anymore.
    This summer has seen another ridiculous inflation of fees to the point where 12-15m doesn't even seem ridiculous for Big Ken.

20m is stretching it far though even in today's market.

Banned

People like Lecter and Hartley are well known for moaning about the team. Laughable thing is they don't go to games.

Somehow I don't see a few people speculating on a messageboard about how much a team like Brighton would have to pay for Zohore will have a direct bearing on the matter at all. Anyway, your version of what's come out of the club this summer regarding the sale of our centre forward is not quite the correct one, because there has tended to be the qualification that any bid needed to be at or above a certain level before City would contemplate doing business - what City have said is not quite "he's not for sale at any price".

City have done well to get Zohore signed up to a new deal which ensures that, if he did move this early in his contract, we'd be in with a good chance of getting a fee for him which would enable us to have a good chance of ending up with a squad which may be stronger overall than the one we have now come September.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    People like Lecter and Hartley are well known for moaning about the team. Laughable thing is they don't go to games.
    Bit rich coming from someone that's well known for making an arse of himself on Friday nights after a few too many strawberry daiquiris.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Bit rich coming from someone that's well known for making an arse of himself on Friday nights after a few too many strawberry daiquiris.
    Just on Friday nights?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Somehow I don't see a few people speculating on a messageboard about how much a team like Brighton would have to pay for Zohore will have a direct bearing on the matter at all. Anyway, your version of what's come out of the club this summer regarding the sale of our centre forward is not quite the correct one, because there has tended to be the qualification that any bid needed to be at or above a certain level before City would contemplate doing business - what City have said is not quite "he's not for sale at any price".

City have done well to get Zohore signed up to a new deal which ensures that, if he did move this early in his contract, we'd be in with a good chance of getting a fee for him which would enable us to have a good chance of ending up with a squad which may be stronger overall than the one we have now come September.
    Bearing in mind everyone has said that he's not for sale, what is the point in anyone speculating on here about how much Brighton or anyone else would have to pay to get him. Also what part of Neil Warnock saying he is not for sale while he's in charge and might only leave if Warnock dropped dead, dont you understand. The clubs stance seems pretty clear and straightforward to me.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    "Stop moaning" says the moaniest post on the thread
    The difference is that I am moaning about the drivel posted on here by people like you, whereas you are always moaning about the club we are supposed to support/follow. As far as I am aware you have never posted anything remotely optimistic about anything the club has ever done.

Bearing in mind everyone has said that he's not for sale, what is the point in anyone speculating on here about how much Brighton or anyone else would have to pay to get him. Also what part of Neil Warnock saying he is not for sale while he's in charge and might only leave if Warnock dropped dead, dont you understand. The clubs stance seems pretty clear and straightforward to me.
    The original post was a 'What if?' post and the responses are speculating on a very unlikely event. It's like talking crap down the pub with your mates - it means nothing in the real world but makes for an interesting discussion.

I dont see anyone wanting Zohore sold or undermining the club. On the contrary we're praising the club and Zohore for the way they are behaving and playing.