+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What if Brighton did come in with a 20 million bid?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What if Brighton did come in with a 20 million bid?

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Sell and you can get a very good striker for 10m.

I know this year the transfers have gone mental but burnley took a 10m punt on andre gray and look how that turned out.

Newcastle got Dwight Gayle for 10 as well.
    Can you tell us who this very good cheap striker might be? I can't immediately think of one. Transfer fees have increased dramatically since the Gray and Gayle deals. The very ordinary Hogan, for example went for 15 mill and has done very little since. Zohore is an exceptional talent. It might make short term financial sense to accept a bid for him but if he goes our promotion chance probably goes with him. I think our manager might go as well.

Re: What if Brighton did come in with a 20 million bid?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Can you tell us who this very good cheap striker might be? I can't immediately think of one. Transfer fees have increased dramatically since the Gray and Gayle deals. The very ordinary Hogan, for example went for 15 mill and has done very little since. Zohore is an exceptional talent. It might make short term financial sense to accept a bid for him but if he goes our promotion chance probably goes with him. I think our manager might go as well.
    Not off the top of my head but Zohore is a prime example of how you can strike gold with cheap foreign players.

bristol city are attempting to replace Abraham's goals with this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famara_Di%C3%A9dhiou

For 5 odd million.

They know they can't afford the top, second tier guys in the UK.

Take a punt on someone like him. If he gets 10-15 goals then they'll probably make a profit.

There are plenty of players around in the belgian, dutch and french leagues I imagine. Cardiff have been dogged by buying uninspiring strikers the past few years like Doyle.

We won't be able to attract the dwight Gayle's but 20m goes a long way in young strikers around europe.