+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: More than just a new season.

More than just a new season.

For me this season starts without the baggage of the last couple.
    We know who the manager is, what he is capable off and I think most fans are enthused by him and trust him.
    If we are not good enough it will probably be because other teams are better rather than us shooting ourselves in the foot.
    We have players capable of defending (which we need to do for 90+minutes)and of scoring. We have fresh faces and we are no longer simply hoping that the old guard will come good.
    We also seem to have a club that is at least heading in the right direction off the field.
    We know that attendances will be lower. If we do well they will improve. If not, get worse. So be it.
    Dare I say it, i don't believe we'll be counting down the first ten matches either.

So roll on August 12th. What will be will be, but I am looking forward to it and simply hoping that my moderate expectations will be exceeded.

Re: More than just a new season.

Agree, more than being a new season it almost has the feel of a new start.

I hope we show faith in them until after Christmas, if it start to go pear shaped this half of the year.

If we are relegation contenders fine but I'd be happy with under mid table going into the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I hope we show faith in them until after Christmas, if it start to go pear shaped this half of the year.

If we are relegation contenders fine but I'd be happy with under mid table going into the new year.
    The pressure is so intense now that every contender has to start well. The saying about looking at the table after 10 games is outdated. The first month is crucial and sets the tone for the whole season. It's interesting listening to the Villa guys I work with. They want to be top from day 1 and stay there, they fear a poor start and playing catch-up.

Basically 5 points from every 3 games gets you in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

I don't think we're going to sack Warnock. He's on big money by all accounts and I really can't see us being in any relegation trouble. If we aren't in contention, Zohore will go though (provided he's scored a few).

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    For me this season starts without the baggage of the last couple.
    We know who the manager is, what he is capable off and I think most fans are enthused by him and trust him.
    If we are not good enough it will probably be because other teams are better rather than us shooting ourselves in the foot.
    We have players capable of defending (which we need to do for 90+minutes)and of scoring. We have fresh faces and we are no longer simply hoping that the old guard will come good.
    We also seem to have a club that is at least heading in the right direction off the field.
    We know that attendances will be lower. If we do well they will improve. If not, get worse. So be it.
    Dare I say it, i don't believe we'll be counting down the first ten matches either.

So roll on August 12th. What will be will be, but I am looking forward to it and simply hoping that my moderate expectations will be exceeded.
    The season starts on the 9th..

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    The season starts on the 9th..

The season starts on Friday 4th, ours starts on Saturday 5th