+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loic Damour

Re: Loic Damour

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    An alternative way of showing the data would be as a single figure for average of the league.

If the premier league is normalised to 100
    This makes la Liga 94
    Germany and Italy about 90

Championship about 66
    League one 29

Ligue 1 80
    Ligue 2 43

SPL would be 42 under that system (34 without Celtic).

Again, I'm not claiming that to be gospel. Just a bit of fun.

A single average value struggles a bit in leagues where there are 2 or 3 really strong sides and a load of shit
    In case anyone is interested (probably not) on the same scale the Danish league is scored as an average of 40.
    So similar to French ligue 2. And closer to league one than championship.
    What's the maximum you'd pay for a striker who has had one good season at that level?

In case anyone is interested (probably not) on the same scale the Danish league is scored as an average of 40.
    So similar to French ligue 2. And closer to league one than championship.
    What's the maximum you'd pay for a striker who has had one good season at that level?
    40 what?.

What do the figures represent?.

How do you create the 40 figure?.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    40 what?.

What do the figures represent?.

How do you create the 40 figure?.

It's a calculation of my own devising, that takes into account things like wage budget, squad values and success of players transferring to higher leagues, averaged over a few seasons.
    I've then normalised the scores and made the premier league, which came out as the strongest on average, equal to 100 and scored the others in relation to that.

It's a calculation of my own devising, that takes into account things like wage budget, squad values and success of players transferring to higher leagues, averaged over a few seasons.
    I've then normalised the scores and made the premier league, which came out as the strongest on average, equal to 100 and scored the others in relation to that.
    If the Premier League is the strongest, I'd suggest there is a flaw.

An alternative way of showing the data would be as a single figure for average of the league.

If the premier league is normalised to 100
    This makes la Liga 94
    Germany and Italy about 90

Championship about 66
    League one 29

Ligue 1 80
    Ligue 2 43

SPL would be 42 under that system (34 without Celtic).

Again, I'm not claiming that to be gospel. Just a bit of fun.

A single average value struggles a bit in leagues where there are 2 or 3 really strong sides and a load of shit
    I still can't work out what any of this is based on.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I don't understand how this thread has evolved (probably the wrong word) like this!!

I don't care if someone has watched 3 games in ligue 2 or whether it's 16% better than the South Wales senior league!

All i know is that at one time Loic Damour was once regarded good enough to be one of 25 kids to be taken on at Clairefontainne and given the technical training to push on to the next level.

He failed in that quest up until now but the man himself has revealed that his attitude wasn't always what it should have been.

Now he is at a make or break age to prove that he has enough commitment to realise his obvious raw talent.

He has been brave enough to step into a faster and more demanding league to prove this. He cost us next to nothing so I'm looking forward to seeing what he's got.

In the brief time that i have seen him play i have been quite impressed and think he can nail down a first team spot.
    Fair points. Who were the other kids taken on, and where are they now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I still can't work out what any of this is based on.
    He's explained it all above.

Wages, squad values, success of players transferring to other league etc. multiplied by a magic number that the voice in his head tells him on the third tuesday of the month.

I think it's the same system they use for top trumps.

Fair points. Who were the other kids taken on, and where are they now?
    Can't be arsed looking through it all but found this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...ntaine_players

Some quality players, some poor players.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If the Premier League is the strongest, I'd suggest there is a flaw.
    Strongest on average, some others are stronger at the top, but less competitive further down.

Ok, but all of this is arbitrary. A home grown player costs more than a foreign player. Premier league clubs offer the higher wages because they are richer. It doesn't consider performance in European competition (UEFA rank the French League 5th).

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

Fair play, you can make a very good 11 from that lot

In other words, it means very little.

Ok, but all of this is arbitrary. A home grown player costs more than a foreign player. Premier league clubs offer the higher wages because they are richer. It doesn't consider performance in European competition (UEFA rank the French League 5th).
    I tried to include the European performance, but that only tells you anything about the top 2 or 3 clubs in a league, which are often huge outliers compared to the rest of the league, so it wasn't very helpful.
    As it happens, my system also makes the French league the 5th strongest.

You talk absolute shit. I never said it was a guarantee of success at all you tit.

It does prove that he had the raw materials for success and let's be honest we're cardiff city not Barcelona.

Why don't you get your head out of your arde you bitter ****.

On the contrary, it means the same as every academy, youth setup et al - he does have raw talent.

Can have all the talent at a very young age, the best achieve their potential as they have their heads screwed on. Others fall by the wayside - thinking they've made it and are now Berty Big Bollocks; some recover their careers, others don't.

On balance, Damour seems to fit the category of someone with talent who fell by the wayside but has recognised his career has been damaged by his own attitude - which is encouraging that he can develop to his best under somebody like Warnock.

No guarantees, hence the low risk in terms of cost, wages but I'd always prefer someone who recognises their own historical failings and wants to correct that.

You talk absolute shit. I never said it was a guarantee of success at all you tit.

It does prove that he had the raw materials for success and let's be honest we're cardiff city not Barcelona.

Why don't you get your head out of your arde you bitter ****.
    Well done on the insults.

On the contrary, it means the same as every academy, youth setup et al - he does have raw talent.

Can have all the talent at a very young age, the best achieve their potential as they have their heads screwed on. Others fall by the wayside - thinking they've made it and are now Berty Big Bollocks; some recover their careers, others don't.

On balance, Damour seems to fit the category of someone with talent who fell by the wayside but has recognised his career has been damaged by his own attitude - which is encouraging that he can develop to his best under somebody like Warnock.

No guarantees, hence the low risk in terms of cost, wages but I'd always prefer someone who recognises their own historical failings and wants to correct that.
    That's where I am on Damour. Obviously he had something, he represented France at various levels. A few years ago, Bundesliga clubs were looking at him, as were Villa.

Cardiff is a massive step up.

I tried to include the European performance, but that only tells you anything about the top 2 or 3 clubs in a league, which are often huge outliers compared to the rest of the league, so it wasn't very helpful.
    As it happens, my system also makes the French league the 5th strongest.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Did you get an answer to this?
    Was there a question? I know I asked a question directly to Bob and he couldn't be bothered to answer it.

Well done on the insults.
    Your childish trolling is pathetic

Your childish trolling is pathetic
    Just because someone has a different view to you, it doesn't mean they are trolling.

Your previous response said "I never said it was a guarantee of.success at all". I never said that you said that.

Essentially, you are outraged at something I didn't say and accuse me of trolling. It seems you are winding yourself up. That's my last post on this thread.

Just because someone has a different view to you, it doesn't mean they are trolling.

Your previous response said "I never said it was a guarantee of.success at all". I never said that you said that.

Essentially, you are outraged at something I didn't say and accuse me of trolling. It seems you are winding yourself up. That's my last post on this thread.
    Thank feck for that

Was there a question? I know I asked a question directly to Bob and he couldn't be bothered to answer it.
    So, you're not going to clarify whether you watched your three Ligue 2 games a few years ago as you claimed in one post on here or last season as you said in another one?

As it seems to be troubling you so much, I'll say that you jumped to the conclusion I had traveled over to France to watch games, but I hadn't, I'd watched them on some TV channel about two or three seasons (they tended to be on Thursday or Friday nights if I remember rightly). Thinking back, I watched more than three (probably double that number), but I daresay you think they don't count because I wasn't there in the flesh watching them.

Similarly, I watched a few 2.Bundesliga matches when I had my subscription with BT Sports last season, but my opinion on both leagues with regard to this thread would not change whether I'd watched those matches or not and that is that there are a fairly large nucleus of players in them (and in many other European second tiers as well) who could come into the Championship and do a perfectly decent job. Damour has a good pedigree, admits his attitude was poor for a few years and is coming off what he calls the best season of his career so far, I'm not saying he definitely will be a success at Cardiff, but I think he has a chance of being one.

That's my last post on this thread.
    There IS a God.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...e-13400006.amp

You'd have thought WOL would have done an article like this during the week we signed him.

An article which could have had so much more detail but nevertheless far better than most of the shit written in there lately.