+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loic Damour

Loic Damour

Just been reading this

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...verpool-target

Shows that there is undiscovered talent in the lower reaches of French football. Let's hope that Loic turns out to be the same!!

Re: Loic Damour

He's the Pogba of the Championship, he's already destroyed Devon n Cornwall.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He's the Pogba of the Championship, he's already destroyed Devon n Cornwall.
    An undiluted gene pool did that!

Ligue 2 isn't exactly non league. Its not that much lower than the championship, probably better than league one..

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Ligue 2 isn't exactly non league. Its not that much lower than the championship, probably better than league one..
    You do know you're contradicting "The Authority"?

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    You do know you're contradicting "The Authority"?
    Who's that?

Keita left the French second division whilst a teenager. Loic Damour is 25.

What are you basing that on?

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The drop off in France is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. The drop off in France is huge.
    There are clubs in their top flight who would not make the play offs in the Championship. Their second division is mid league 1 to lower league 2 standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    What are you basing that on?
    Wage bills, squad values, number of players making it into the top leagues.

There are clubs in their top flight who would not make the play offs in the Championship. Their second division is mid league 1 to lower league 2 standard.
    Their second division is roughly between league one and the championship by my calculations.

Better than the SPL.

Their second division is roughly between league one and the championship by my calculations.

Better than the SPL.
    I'm interested, what are these calculations?

Something I'm working on, only got data for a few leagues so far, but those are included.

Tbh you can get a pretty good approximation just going off wage bill probably.

Something I'm working on, only got data for a few leagues so far, but those are included.

Tbh you can get a pretty good approximation just going off wage bill probably.
    Fair enough. Would like to see more because I'm basing my thoughts on having watched some second division games in France a few years back.

Fair enough. Would like to see more because I'm basing my thoughts on having watched some second division games in France a few years back.
    If you watched a handful of our games over the last few years I dread to think what level you would estimate for the championship

I may share my workings once it is finished.

If you watched a handful of our games over the last few years I dread to think what level you would estimate for the championship

I may share my workings once it is finished.
    Thank you!

Thank you!
    Currently the championship (and to a lesser extent the premier league) stand out a bit from other leagues around Europe, in that there appears to be much less of a drop off from top to bottom of the league. Plotting them all on a graph, most leagues are on a similar gradient, but the championship kind of slopes out sideways, and overlaps with some stronger leagues.

Trying to establish if this is a genuine effect, or due to a UK bias in the data. It feels real but then i may have the same bias.

It seems you've been everywhere, seen everything and done everything.

Good on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    It seems you've been everywhere, seen everything and done everything.

Good on you!
    Thankyou, but you exaggerate. Me seeing a football game or 3 in France is barely a sign I am well travelled!

They're based on a bit more than watching three matches it seems. I've watched three matches from Ligue 2 down the years and wouldn't think that makes me that knowledgeable about it, but, for what it's worth, I agree with the somewhere between the Championship and League One view of Rjk. Looking at where Bourge-Péronnas finished in the table last season, I'd say that they'd probably be relegated if they were suddenly dropped into the Championship, but would be okay in League One - it's entirely feasible that a player coming from a side like that could do a decent job for a side in our league.

Jamie Vardy.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They're based on a bit more than watching three matches it seems. I've watched three matches from Ligue 2 down the years and wouldn't think that makes me that knowledgeable about it, but, for what it's worth, I agree with the somewhere between the Championship and League One view of Rjk. Looking at where Bourge-Péronnas finished in the table last season, I'd say that they'd probably be relegated if they were suddenly dropped into the Championship, but would be okay in League One - it's entirely feasible that a player coming from a side like that could do a decent job for a side in our league.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but none of his calculations of various leagues rely on watching games. That is odd to me. I've seen 3 games live, and I'd be interested to know which teams you have watched and when. All 3 of the games I saw were in Brest last season, a side chasing promotion who were good to watch. The standard was not good, and teams at the bottom of the table looked hapless. Brest would survive in the Championship, but nothing more than that.

Robert Huth

Correct me if I am wrong, but none of his calculations of various leagues rely on watching games. That is odd to me. I've seen 3 games live, and I'd be interested to know which teams you have watched and when. All 3 of the games I saw were in Brest last season, a side chasing promotion who were good to watch. The standard was not good, and teams at the bottom of the table looked hapless. Brest would survive in the Championship, but nothing more than that.
    Nah, I won't bother thanks. I've watched games in that league and and have a different opinion to you that's all. I'm a bit confused though because in one of your posts you say "I'm basing my thoughts on having watched some second division games in France a few years back" and yet, in reply to me, you said "All 3 of the games I saw were in Brest last season".