+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whittingham

Whittingham

https://youtu.be/NoutAE9UCqg

Gonna be strange not seeing him this season.
    Surely his finest moment with us. A day I'll never forget.

Re: Whittingham

https://youtu.be/2myVJjhowbY
    Scored some brilliant goals for us.
    I remember this one going in and the away end physically rocking.

That's my favourite goal I've seen live. Caused a mini earthquake I reckon! That silence before the ping on the post..so good

Have to agree.
    That trip was so good, coming back especially. The distance meant nothing, in fact it was a shame it had to end.
    I put it down to the performance of the team against a premiership side who had signed big name players (I think it was live on the telly too).
    That and knowing we were going to Wembley.

The one good thing about it is, if he scores against us there's no chance of him celebrating!!

Will be strange not seeing the marmite conversations about him, I have seen and heard folk rant their dislike ,whilst sensible fans have appreciated what he brought to the club , skill and loyalty .

I've had a few stand up crowd moments defending him, lol .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Will be strange not seeing the marmite conversations about him, I have seen and heard folk rant their dislike ,whilst sensible fans have appreciated what he brought to the club , skill and loyalty .

Cracking player often played in the wrong position. Hated when he was a QB as he never had the pace and phyiscality to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    The one good thing about it is, if he scores against us there's no chance of him celebrating!!
    Imagine he did though. Imagine he scores an incredible outside-the-box volley into the top corner, (keeper had no chance, didn't even move!) and then runs the length of the sideline shaking his fists and shouting at the crowd the whole way down the pitch, kicking over Lucozade bottles in front of the dugout, giving Warnock the fingers before sliding on his knees, boxing the corner flag and kissing the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Imagine he did though. Imagine he scores an incredible outside-the-box volley into the top corner, (keeper had no chance, didn't even move!) and then runs the length of the sideline shaking his fists and shouting at the crowd the whole way down the pitch, kicking over Lucozade bottles in front of the dugout, giving Warnock the fingers before sliding on his knees, boxing the corner flag and kissing the badge.
    Don't be bloody ridiculous, he'd spill his tea everywhere☕️

Thanks Whitt's

Always remember the city fan that day at Boro who was wearing the straw hoola skirt and Hawain shirt lol!! Anyone remember that?

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    I reckon he will go chicken f*cking oriental.

More seriously, What a peg on that lad. Fecking hell.

Is Halford really better than Whitts,

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Not based on last season, and nothing seems to have improved in pre-season from the reports. I'm struggling to think of a time in either players career when I'd have preferred Halford over Whitts... Nope - nothing...

He would've played more than halford if he stayed, but that still wasn't going to be regularly enough for him. I respect his decision to leave, he loves playing football and fancied a new challenge. I think he'll always be my favourite city player.

On a side note: Will Tomlin celebrate against the wurzels? He ****ing better.

I'm going to miss hearing Jason Perry saying Witnum.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    On a side note: Will Tomlin celebrate against the wurzels? He ****ing better.
    He will probably have a sly chuckle for the winner

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    I'm going to miss hearing Jason Perry saying Witnum.
    it's irritating.

Don't get the question - does anyone seriously see him as a Whitts replacement? Mind you, he's probably the better keeper of the two, is a better right back, probably a better left back, certainly a better centreback, a better sitting midfielder and a better striker.

Never have got the anti Halford stuff among many City fans - he was brought here as a utility player and did a decent job as such when asked to last season.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

What side of the fence are You?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    He would've played more than halford if he stayed, but that still wasn't going to be regularly enough for him. I respect his decision to leave, he loves playing football and fancied a new challenge. I think he'll always be my favourite city player.
    The list of players placed higher than whitts is going to be a very short one.

Er no!!!
    Its like replacing whitts with arfar mullard

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Er no!!!
    Its like replacing whitts with arfar mullard

Or more accurately, with Greg Halford.

Which nobody has stated we are doing anyway. It was a rhetorical question.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    The list of players placed higher than whitts is going to be a very short one.

For me, easily the best long-serving player in my lifetime.