+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craig Noone

Craig Noone

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40723804

Will he be gone by the end of this window ? he must be on good wages here and maybe wants to run his contract down.

Re: Craig Noone

Gone by the weekend I read elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40723804

Will he be gone by the end of this window ? he must be on good wages here and maybe wants to run his contract down.

Well, that'll be the first time he's run, in the last season and a half.

Now that is what I call touting.

Not seen anywhere near his potential for at least two seasons.
    Great signing at the time but has become more and more predictable.
    Giggs was just as one footed and people usually knew what he was going to do, difference was he was different class.

"I think he'll do well for the team he goes to"

Very logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    "I think he'll do well for the team he goes to"

Very logical.
    "I think we're in a rush with that really, I think people like Craig Noone at the end of August is when others might have a look.

"I think he needs a move and I think he'll do well for the team he goes to, but I'm not in a rush."

Seems a nice guy but for me one of the most overrated players to ever pull on a City jersey.

You could count on one hand the truly great games he has had for us.

I smell another contract termination

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    I smell another contract termination
    Nah, that was just me. I had beans for tea.

Anyone who plays over 150 games for cardiff incl in the prem cant be totally shabby surely

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Seems a nice guy but for me one of the most overrated players to ever pull on a City jersey.

You could count on one hand the truly great games he has had for us.
    Rubbish his first few seasons he was great, completely lost his confidence the last few years though. I think changes managers and formations hasn't helped him.

Not my cup of tea winger prefered Chris Burke , any player that delivers in short bursts is a worry, especially one on a very high end wage.

For me he never really exploited a true wingers skill of getting to and crossing well from the byeline on a consistant basis , he's prone to easily losing procession and putting those behind him at risk, has one tactic of jinking inside , not enough outside pace and going past defenders and crossing to create penalty box threats .

I guess his wage has been the reason why he is still with us , I don't think it's born out of loyalty .

A good player , but don't feel we had our full value for our buck

The Brighton fans nailed it when we signed him . Poor mans Chris Marustik

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Rubbish his first few seasons he was great, completely lost his confidence the last few years though. I think changes managers and formations hasn't helped him.
    Not rubbish at all. He was in and out of the team under Malky in the championship winning season and he certainly was NOT "great" in the Premier League. Had that one stand out game against Man City away half through the season and has dined out on it for the next 3 and a half years.

Like I said you could count on one hand the truly great, man of the match type performances we've had from a one trick pony.

I don't think playing him on the right-wing has helped him. Never been a fan of playing left and right wingers on opposite sides, only works if you have someone like Robben.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    The Brighton fans nailed it when we signed him . Poor mans Chris Marustik

Oh lets move him on ,and this debate , anyone think he's better than we got ,week in and out ?

His long lay-off in 2014 seemed like a turning point to me. Until then I thought he looked like an improving player overall, but whether he lost a yard of pace, some confidence or just hunger he's rarely fulfilled that since.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    I don't think playing him on the right-wing has helped him. Never been a fan of playing left and right wingers on opposite sides, only works if you have someone like Robben.
    This.

Shock people calling him a one trick pony, when he's been played on his weaker side.

Regardless of how good he is or isn't, he's almost certainly overpaid and therefore has to go.

[QUOTE=WJ99mobile;4762166]This.

Shock people calling him a one trick pony, when he's been played on his weaker side.[/QUOT

The problem of playing Craig Noone on his favoured left side is he simply doesn't have the pace of a natural winger to go past his man on the outside. He is often railroaded into cutting inside on his weak right foot. So, forget any ideas of Noone breezing past players on the left, it's never going to happen.
    So, the better option is in fact to play him on the right, which means predictably, he'll cut inside (which he'll do regardless of whether he's right or left!) but at least he'll be cutting in using his stronger left foot.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Regardless of how good he is or isn't, he's almost certainly overpaid and therefore has to go.

But by saying he's overpaid you ARE giving regard to how good he is.

If he was fantastic and constantly delivered match winning performances you wouldn't be saying he's overpaid

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    His long lay-off in 2014 seemed like a turning point to me. Until then I thought he looked like an improving player overall, but whether he lost a yard of pace, some confidence or just hunger he's rarely fulfilled that since.
    I'd agree with that. Certainly in the last couple of seasons, I'd say it's his confidence that has suffered - I don't think the amount of effort he puts in has ever been a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    But by saying he's overpaid you ARE giving regard to how good he is.

If he was fantastic and constantly delivered match winning performances you wouldn't be saying he's overpaid
    He could be the best player at the club but if he's on an adjusted Premier League contract, it's too much.

So let's just say "the club probably can't afford whatever he's being paid"