+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Alfie v Homophobia

Re: Alfie v Homophobia

Remember the abuse Le Saux took when he played,and he was not gay.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He had 6 children before the age of 17.
    Classic deflection!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    Raheem Sterling is gay isn't he?
    Of course he is, and it's sad that he feels the need to pretend in this day and age but ultimately it's his decision.

The reality is that if he came out, he'd be overwhelmingly supported from fans of all clubs but maybe he just doesn't want the inevitable shitstorm of publicity that it would bring.

As far as football goes, I've got to take issue with people who say that it has a problem as though other professions are somehow light years ahead in terms of people coming out publicly.

Other areas have plenty of people hiding their sexuality - the entertainment industry is littered with people pretending to be straight (Simon Cowell, 50 Cent, Tom Cruise, Vin Diesel, John Travolta, Kevin Spacey, Kanye West etc.) so let's not pretend that somehow football is living in the dark ages while the rest of the world skips off into some gay utopia.

He had 6 children before the age of 17.
    Oh you mean he'd fathered 6 children, not had 6 children.
    Confused me for a minute there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Of course he is, and it's sad that he feels the need to pretend in this day and age but ultimately it's his decision.

The reality is that if he came out, he'd be overwhelmingly supported from fans of all clubs but maybe he just doesn't want the inevitable shitstorm of publicity that it would bring.

As far as football goes, I've got to take issue with people who say that it has a problem as though other professions are somehow light years ahead in terms of people coming out publicly.

Other areas have plenty of people hiding their sexuality - the entertainment industry is littered with people pretending to be straight (Simon Cowell, 50 Cent, Tom Cruise, Vin Diesel, John Travolta, Kevin Spacey, Kanye West etc.) so let's not pretend that somehow football is living in the dark ages while the rest of the world skips off into some gay utopia.
    Anthony Hopkins?

While we're on the subject, it was common knowledge a few years back that Matt Taylor (left back who played for West Ham and a few others) was gay.

He never denied it but never saw it as anyone's business what he did off the pitch so never confirmed it either. Obviously the media never got the official story from the man himself so never got the headline they so desperately wanted.Sadly I feel that the media's only interest in a player making some big announcement is to give themselves something to talk about and sell their shitty papers.

Personally I think most people really couldn't give a shit tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Remember the abuse Le Saux took when he played,and he was not gay.
    ALLEGELY

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    ALLEGELY

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Anthony Hopkins?
    He may well be.

The older generation I can understand the secrecy - most of them will have grown up in an era where it was criminal and/or socially unacceptable to be gay.

I just find it sad that in 2017 there are still people living a lie about their identity.

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    ALLEGELY

Anthony Hopkins?
    He's been married three times and has a daughter?

He may well be.

The older generation I can understand the secrecy - most of them will have grown up in an era where it was criminal and/or socially unacceptable to be gay.

I just find it sad that in 2017 there are still people living a lie about their identity.
    The Silence of the Lambs provocation was wasted! Absolutely agree with what you say about denial though.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

ALLEGELY

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Oh you mean he'd fathered 6 children, not had 6 children.
    Confused me for a minute there.
    TBG has hacked Bloop's account.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    ALLEGELY
    :thunbup:

I remember a few years ago that the News Of The World(?) ran TV ads saying that they were outing a top footballer but they never did the story. Must have been a frantic legal shit storm behind the scenes.

The Silence of the Lambs provocation was wasted! Absolutely agree with what you say about denial though.
    I was going to bite but had my serious head on for once.

I'll try harder next time.

I remember a few years ago that the News Of The World(?) ran TV ads saying that they were outing a top footballer but they never did the story. Must have been a frantic legal shit storm behind the scenes.
    I remember that.

Probably someone else the bastards were phone hacking - along with a dead 13 year old girl.

What a scummy piece of shit that organisation was.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    There's open as in running to the media and there's open as in it's known within the sport and nobody cares.

I was told over twenty years ago Thomas was gay - by a relative of someone high up in Bridgend RFC at the time. Nobody cared, he wasn't bullied, odd bit of banter...

It's almost as if he wants to make it out to be a massive struggle to make money...
    Since he went public it seems there's nothing he won't do to promote his sexuality. Around 10 yrs ago used to chat to him while watching one of my lads play football. Nice guy, down to earth, now seems to be the stereotypical self-publicist queen...

I couldn't care less about any footballer who was gay. Don't see what the big fuss is about.
    I just don't want it shoved down my throat 😁

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    No Raheem Sterling then so perhaps I was a bit hasty!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Since he went public it seems there's nothing he won't do to promote his sexuality. Around 10 yrs ago used to chat to him while watching one of my lads play football. Nice guy, down to earth, now seems to be the stereotypical self-publicist queen...
    Interesting how your opinion of him changed so much.

He may well be.

Funnily enough, I said 'hello, good evening' in passing to him and his wife fairly recently.
    They were clearly spending some quiet time out of the limelight, and appeared just like any other mature couple.
    She really didn't appear to be 'a beard' .

But if AH was gay, what the hell difference would it make, nor what business of ours? None.

Personally, knowing gay friends, colleagues and family members over the years, the only thing that has ever bothered me occasionally is when some people have gone out of their way to be 'gay' about - somehow - everything, and every element of their life centres around themselves and their gay-ness or gay life in general.
    Then those same few people bong on the loudest about prejudicial viewpoints, and 'being made to feel different'

Most of us people simply enjoy getting on with other people - or want to, given the chance - regardless of their sexual preference or choice of partner. Absolutely regardless of it.

TBG has hacked Bloop's account.

By the way, I was asked for feedback this week regarding a poster to be rolled out by a government department.
    It included a reference to 'work colleagues'.

Not watched but annoys me alfie commenting on football.

At the moment there hasn't been any openly gay players so everyone is guessing. I couldn't see there being any issues the home fans would support the player and you would probably get a few idiots shouting things but that's just people in life I'd like to think any people would get shouted down pretty quickly.

Alfie is just using football to keep his name relevant. It would have been a lot stronger if he came out years then given his wife more years to live her life for real.

When did he become so camp as well or is he just living up to a sterotype to make himself more interesting