+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Alfie v Homophobia

Re: Alfie v Homophobia

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yeah there's a time and place of course. I'm talking about monkfish's change of opinion on Thomas. Personally, I don't think Thomas bangs on about it, I'm sure he doesn't have conversations with other dads at football about how he loves being gay. He's using his media profile to help others in his situation, not being an attention seeking drama queen (as there are undoubtedly around, and they wind me up a bit too).
    It's probably worth remembering that Thomas is one of only a very small handful of elite athletes to come out, so it's hardly surprising that journalists are asking him about that all the time.
    I'm sure there are occasions he'd much rather talk about the problems with the regional game in wales or the autumn internationals

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    No one is talking about sexual kinks and "banging" on about them though just about people coming out. Being gay isn't a sexual kink.
    That's a fair point. I've known a fair number of the flaming type and not one has ever described their bedtime antics to me.

He'd already retired when he came out.
    The "TITANIC" sunk in 1912, tell me something I don't know, please.

PS:--- I believe it was her sister ship the Olympic, that went down on that fateful night.

Yeah there's a time and place of course. I'm talking about monkfish's change of opinion on Thomas. Personally, I don't think Thomas bangs on about it, I'm sure he doesn't have conversations with other dads at football about how he loves being gay. He's using his media profile to help others in his situation, not being an attention seeking drama queen (as there are undoubtedly around, and they wind me up a bit too).
    GT leaves you in no doubt off camera of his sexuality. Not in the full on camped up manner I personally think is unnecessary but more than you seem to think all the same.

With regards coming out having an adverse effect on earnings, I think it's quite the opposite myself with Gareth being a case in point. Would he have had the same media impact if he was straight? Yeah possibly but one thing is for sure it hasn't been detrimental has it

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Never mind the players, when will the first gay ccmb poster feel able to out themselves on here - and how will they be received.

I'd like to think it wouldn't be an issue at all, which I think is different than it would have been only a few years ago.
    I think the person will receive some false platitudes to begin with
    and then talked down too
    I very much doubt the words "queer, puff, bum bandit" will aimed at him or her
    there is a gay couple in the ninian stand sit 2 seats across they have done years
    they don't get abused or anything
    we do have decent fans guys

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    GT leaves you in no doubt off camera of his sexuality. Not in the full on camped up manner I personally think is unnecessary but more than you seem to think all the same.

With regards coming out having an adverse effect on earnings, I think it's quite the opposite myself with Gareth being a case in point. Would he have had the same media impact if he was straight? Yeah possibly but one thing is for sure it hasn't been detrimental has it
    For the uninitiated, how does he leave you in little doubt?

For the uninitiated, how does he leave you in little doubt?
    Your not uninitiated though.

How do you usually notice some bodies sexuality or have you never noticed?

Are you saying you've got gaydar?

You get plenty of slightly camp people who are straight too though I don't think it's as easy to judge as you say.

Are you saying you've got gaydar?

You get plenty of slightly camp people who are straight too though I don't think it's as easy to judge as you say.
    Of course it's not 100% and at the end of the day who gives a shit but we all have "gaydar"

No?

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    not the comment the person
    last week calls me racist for disagreeing with an Asian poster
    and now I'm going to push the homophobic card on him
    I do not recall calling you a racist, never mind calling you a racist for "disagreeing with an Asian poster".

You might have me mixed up with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I do not recall calling you a racist, never mind calling you a racist for "disagreeing with an Asian poster".

You might have me mixed up with someone else.
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...ferendum/page7

Sorry I thought you were talking to me, carry on
    Yeah carry on. Carry on calling CC a "hypocritical retarded ****", he's not gay or brown so it doesn't matter.

Typical social justice warrior you are.

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    Nowhere in that link does it show me calling you a racist. Try again son.

Never mind the players, when will the first gay ccmb poster feel able to out themselves on here - and how will they be received.

I'd like to think it wouldn't be an issue at all, which I think is different than it would have been only a few years ago.
    My money's on Mrs R.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    My money's on Mrs R.
    But she don't "EAT MEAT"

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    But she don't "EAT MEAT"
    Exactly.

Which means she eats lettuce.....

Blog Entries

My money's on Mrs R.
    When I was as school me and my girl friends used to practice kissing each other if that counts?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    But she don't "EAT MEAT"
    Told you before Tony, trying to eat it is where your Mrs is going wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    When I was as school me and my girl friends used to practice kissing each other if that counts?:
    Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    When I was as school me and my girl friends used to practice kissing each other if that counts?
    I think I speak for almost everyone here when I say that we are going to need a lot more details on this please.

I don't know what he's like off the camera.

Blog Entries

Pics?
    I didn't even have a camera back then, so glad I grew up before social media was about.

I think I speak for almost everyone here when I say that we are going to need a lot more details on this please.

Yeah carry on. Carry on calling CC a "hypocritical retarded ****", he's not gay or brown so it doesn't matter.

You have got serious problems pal I wasn't telling him to carry on calling you a racist. Don't go starting up your own messageboard again now like.

Never been called a SJW before but if that means being anti homophobia and antiracism I'm all for it, thanks.

So funny how you take everything personally.

You have got serious problems pal I wasn't telling him to carry on calling you a racist. Don't go starting up your own messageboard again now like.

Never been called a SJW before but if that means being anti homophobia and antiracism I'm all for it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    So funny how you take everything personally.
    The irony is, that's something I said to you weeks ago and you remembered it, took it to heart and waited for an opportunity to say it back to me, which kind of proved I was correct.