+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joey Bartons ban, this is ridiculous.

Joey Bartons ban, this is ridiculous.

The man is obviously a knob of the highest order, but its wrong in my opinion that he shouldn't be allowed to play in a charity match.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...P=share_btn_tw

Re: Joey Bartons ban, this is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    The man is obviously a knob of the highest order, but its wrong in my opinion that he shouldn't be allowed to play in a charity match.

It's a punishment, tough. Aamir etc weren't allowed to even coach or go to nets and play cricket, they had to do it on their own if they wanted to.

Also, a number of actual stars are playing, so whether Barton plays or not, it won't make a difference, it should sell out.

Does seem harsh, but is Joey Barton's absence going to mean less bums on seats/less money being generated?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Does seem harsh, but is Joey Barton's absence going to mean less bums on seats/less money being generated?
    Merson, Seaman, Shearer, Sinclair, Sinton, McCoist and Crouch are all playing. I think they'll cope.

What a ****.

Why go whining to the press about not being able to play?

Maybe this isn't about you Joey, maybe it is about the victims.

If he wants to help them then I'm sure he can donate some money or some of his time to help in another way, he has plenty of both.

Here's a thought, perhaps he could put some of the money he was previously wasting on over a thousand bets on football matches towards the victims if he wants to get involved.

I think he just wants more publicity. I'm sure the match will not suffer for his absence.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I very much doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Merson, Seaman, Shearer, Sinclair, Sinton, McCoist and Crouch are all playing. I think they'll cope.
    He wont be missed and he wouldn't be the player putting bums on seats, just think its odd that a charity game must be FA sanctioned so he's not allowed to play. I have no sympathy for the man just thinks its harsh,just a I thought the length of his original ban was harsh.
    I assume its because its being played at a member clubs stadium.

He wont be missed and he wouldn't be the player putting bums on seats, just think its odd that a charity game must be FA sanctioned so he's not allowed to play. I have no sympathy for the man just thinks its harsh,just a I thought the length of his original ban was harsh.
    I assume its because its being played at a member clubs stadium.
    I agree in theory that to apply the ban to something like this is a little strange, but for me the most notable thing about this is that Barton has managed to display himself to be an even bigger **** than I previously thought he was. And that was already a high bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I agree in theory that to apply the ban to something like this is a little strange, but for me the most notable thing about this is that Barton has managed to display himself to be an even bigger **** than I previously thought he was. And that was already a high bar.
    Agree. Not the classiest of things for him to do.