+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police to be asked if they want to carry a gun

Police to be asked if they want to carry a gun

UK officers to be surveyed for first time since 2006 on whether they want to routinely carry a firearm on patrol

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...to-carry-a-gun

To any police officers on this board... please, please, please, for the good of the country and for the lives of future innocent victims, please say no to this.

Re: Police to be asked if they want to carry a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    UK officers to be surveyed for first time since 2006 on whether they want to routinely carry a firearm on patrol

To any police officers on this board... please, please, please, for the good of the country and for the lives of future innocent victims, please say no to this.

Its not the guns that are the problem, its the rappers

#BlackLivesMatter

why would they say no? if i got the choice to take guns to work i would be right ****ing there

They're carrying them.

A met Officer i know, ( camped with him this week as it happens ), said they had a survey of Met officers ( run by the federation ?? ) and more than 50% said yes to more armed officers and a higher % than that to all carry tazers

a quick google brings this story, so i guess it was common knowledge

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...s-union-survey

this was before the recent attacks

I used to play rugby with a few met officers, I wouldn't have trusted the ones I knew with a peashooter.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    #BlackLivesMatter
    BLM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post

Me! Me! Look what I read ..... me!! me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    I think that today, with the internet, many of us read many, many different newspapers and news outlets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Out of interest is there anything you don't mind people doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Out of interest is there anything you don't mind people doing?
    He doesn't like people starting threads on mesageboards. In fact he doesn't seem to like messageboards. Not sure why he loiters here!

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    why would they say no? if i got the choice to take guns to work i would be right ****ing there
    And thats why its a no from me

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    Right after you'd taken drugs and had a wank with your mates?

Can't say there's much chance of anyone letting you anywhere near a gun tbh.

Will be a sad day in my opinion if the police are armed which i think will eventually happen in this country.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    He doesn't like people starting threads on mesageboards. In fact he doesn't seem to like messageboards. Not sure why he loiters here!
    Doubt he will reply to me, he never used to on his old account either.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I used to play rugby with a few met officers, I wouldn't have trusted the ones I knew with a peashooter.
    Indeed!

Sadly the ones who would say no are the ones you would trust with a gun and the ones who say yes are definitely not the kind of officers you'd want playing sheriff with loaded firearms

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Indeed!

Sadly the ones who would say no are the ones you would trust with a gun and the ones who say yes are definitely not the kind of officers you'd want playing sheriff with loaded firearms
    nail, head

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Ask any politician and they'll tell you it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    *evil laughs* bang bang bang!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    *evil laughs* bang bang bang!!!!!
    I'm pretty sure that's enough to get you put on some sort of register at GCHQ.

Banned

Who can you trust these days?
    Mate

International

The problem with carrying a firearm is that there is always a danger someone will take it off you and use it on you.
    similarly if you draw a firearm and don't use it the same thing is likely to happen.
    If you carry one openly you have the problem that you have to protect it, and believe me that can be a problem.
    Most of the shooting incidents are robberies (Where the 'shooter, normal a sawn-off shot gun is used to frighten the robbed into obedience and to deter would-be heros) are black-on-black. Despite sensational journalism the times that the average police office would need to pull a firearm he could probably count on the fingers of 1 hand.
    The balance between having to carry it round all the time, being responsible for the ammunition, cleaning it, doing firing practice on what would otherwise be your rest day, and the possibility of actually using it, would probably weigh in favour of the average sensible person saying 'no thanks'.
    Remember it is not in the policeman's possession to defend himself against the ordinary stroppy drunk or for a fight in a pub. His orders would almost certainly say that he can only draw and use it to counter a threat from someone already in possession of and threatening to use a firearm. The rest of the time it's like walking around with a 2 lb bag of sugar hanging on your belt in addition to all the other shit you have to carry. Try it, it is hard work after a while and can affect your stance for years after.

They cannot be trusted to use the taser guns properly let alone a proper gun.

Lets be honest the police have no authority these days and its all down to the PC Brigade. Back in the day you had to be a certain size to get in the police, and they could be intimidating. Now its more about making the police force look like a United Colours of Benneton advert instead of employing the correct person for the job.

That woman copper who got done for using a taser on a suspect, who wasnt even behaving in a threatening manner, the other day just about sums up the jokers weve got in the police force.

There's a cost element to this as well, 120,000 officers with a gun costing best part of a grand a pop, plus ammo, plus training, admin etc. Personally I'd rather invest that money in a more bobbies in the beat.