+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Home games against Scottish clubs.

Home games against Scottish clubs.

At half time last night I asked my mate how many Scottish sides have you seen us play in Cardiff in your lifetime? The answer that the pair of us with more than a hundred years of City watching experience came up with was two, Celtic and Livingston - we've played plenty of away pre season matches in Scotland down the years, but I still can't think of any others I've seen down here - are there some obvious matches against Scottish teams I'm missing?

Re: Home games against Scottish clubs.

Didn't Dundee come down the CCS a few years ago. When we were looking at that Goodwillie?

Seem to remember us playing Dundee a few years back, but I'm fairly sure it wasn't down here.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Didn't Dundee come down the CCS a few years ago. When we were looking at that Goodwillie?
    what were you looking at?

you probably belong in the alfie thread

It seems Livingston were the fourth Scottish club to play us in Cardiff.

Celtic in 2009 to officially open the new stadium was probably watched by many who post on here, but, the immortal Caliburn apart, I wonder if anyone who has posted on here over the past twenty years or so was alive when the other matches took place.

Back in the thirties when we were one of the worst sides in the country as we struggled to make any sort of impact in the old Third Division (South), we played three late season matches in four years against Scottish clubs;-

29/4/35 Aberdeen L 1-2 (Pugh)
    25/4/36 Aberdeen D 1-1 (Riley)
    27/4/38 Hibs W 3-2 (Collins 2, Talbot)

Thanks for the info Creighton

Talking about Caliburn have you heard from him lately, Bob?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Talking about Caliburn have you heard from him lately, Bob?
    I sent him the usual Christmas card last year and got one back, but, for the first time, Cal had not written it - I recognise his writing by now and, anyway, the tone was more formal than you'd expect from him. There was no mention of anything serious having happened to him in the greeting., but I did find it somewhat concerning that he hadn't replied himself.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It seems Livingston were the fourth Scottish club to play us in Cardiff.

Celtic in 2009 to officially open the new stadium was probably watched by many who post on here, but, the immortal Caliburn apart, I wonder if anyone who has posted on here over the past twenty years or so was alive when the other matches took place.

Back in the thirties when we were one of the worst sides in the country as we struggled to make any sort of impact in the old Third Division (South), we played three late season matches in four years against Scottish clubs;-

29/4/35 Aberdeen L 1-2 (Pugh)
    25/4/36 Aberdeen D 1-1 (Riley)
    27/4/38 Hibs W 3-2 (Collins 2, Talbot)

Thanks for the info Creighton
    wow is it really that long we have been in the new stadium that's frightening mate