Having see the pre season games at Taffs Well, Plymouth, Shrewsbury and last night, I think 9 of our starting positions are pretty much nailed on. The goalkeeping spot going to Etheridge. The biggest concern appears to be the RB slot. Paterson injured, Connelly walked off the pitch at Plymouth and hasn't kicked a ball since, Peltier wasn't named in the squad last night (I presume because of a recurrence of his injury), and Richards short of pre season action and bizarrely used as a sub at right midfield last night! First half saw Halford play that role who was steady and Manga second half who put in some delightful crosses as well as his goal. Hard to comment on either defensively as both had next to nothing to do! The centre backs will pick themselves as despite a lot of fans favouring a Manga/Bamba partnership I thought they were all over the place in the second half at Shrewsbury particularly Manga. Morrison, Bamber and Bennett I feel will start for sure.

Mandez-Long who has a lot of minutes under his belt will occupy the RM slot and Gunners and Ralls CM. The LM slot is the other debatable position. Hoilet had his first run out last night and despite his goal didn't appear upto speed to me. Harris went off injured. Tomlin could play the role if we went 4-4-2 with Ward and Ken up front, but I share our managers concerns about Tomlin not being upto the defensive aspect of a LM role. Kennedy has had an impressive pre season but I expect Warnock to push Ward out to LM, despite his first goals last night. This would then free Tomlin up to play the number 10 role with Ken up top. Therefore I expect us to line up in a 4411 formation as follows:

GK - Etheridge

RB - Manga (Peltier - if he recovers in the week)
CB - Morrison
CB - Bamba
LB - Bennett

RM - Mendez-Lang
CM - Gunners
CM - Ralls
LM - Ward

F - Tomlin

F - King Kenny