+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got nothing to hide by posting on Facebook or elsewhere?

Re: Got nothing to hide by posting on Facebook or elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I'm a Cardiff City supporter, in the eyes of many that already means I'm dodgy.
    Yeah, because that's why you're dodgy.......

Nothing to do with your friends daughter's links to Syria?

The data available about each of can be incredibly useful to us as individuals. If we were able to see our own patterns and likelihoods across a range of areas then we could make informed choices about our lives. Our spending habits, healthcare, lifestyle - we could use this information to live more fulfilled lives. That the conversation starts from a point where this data belongs to someone else to a greater or lesser extent is already troubling.

There's little discussion about how we choose to use this, just to what extent we are happy for our information to be accessed by others for whatever reason. And even that seems to be a token gesture rather than anything substantial.

As someone mentioned before, the power this information has for us individually as well as as societies is staggering, and this will only get greater as the technology improves.
    The fallout from the industrial revolution is that it created huge amounts of waste and pollution which we weren't prepared for. The digital revolution is creating massive amounts of data and it may turn out to be equally as damaging.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    If they decide to make being an annoying c*nt on the internet illegal they'll already have enough evidence on you to give you the electric chair twice.
    Twice That's a bit harsh mate
    Just tell us all why you are soooo paranoid maybe we can help you.
    Mate

If they decide to make being an annoying c*nt on the internet illegal they'll already have enough evidence on you to give you the electric chair twice.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    yes they will know i like Starbucks coffee, I love a dollop of cornish clotted cream on my salted caramel ice cream in a waffle cone from Kellys ( if i can find a van ) and i am spending the next 4 - 5 weeks down in cornwall surfing and eating the above ice cream, with fudge added to my diet for them said weeks i guess i will never get a job for the government as a diet expert them's the breaks i guess
    I hope you've got a strong surfboard you fat bastard

Very funny for you that. What have you done with the real Croesy Blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Unfortunately very true. The reality is that whoever controls this data, controls us. The upshot of all this is that we'll all be forced to use facebook / citizensbook / patriotbook - whatever it'll be called - to make sure this control can then be maintained.

Once you have a profile decided for you then it doesn't matter what you claim to be, the data will confirm what you are. 'Identity theft' will take on a whole new meaning in this brave new world...

If they already have access to everything, then anything stored on computers is accessible it seems. Any data you care about keeping safe should therefore never be connected to the internet.
    Does anyone on here really believe that we've never been controlled since time began?

we've never been controlled since time began

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Does anyone on here really believe that we've never been controlled since time began?
    i have never been controled

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    it wont why on earth would it? its just a bit of weekend fun
    Because some machine thats slowly 'scoring ' you wont be programmed to give a f*ck ;)

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Probably, but clearly not in the same, detailed - per individiual - potentially very consequential manner in which we may be now.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Just in case you wondered where we were heading with all this data:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...a-crime-police

It may not bother many of you, but it scares the shite out of me about how this could be used and abused. As the report says, the moment the algorithms identify you then you are ****ed basically.

Be careful where you live, who you hang around with and what you say online. It's all being used to profile you, your acquaintances and your neighbourhood.

This plays out in only one way - once you're labelled as a particular thing then you're going to find it really difficult to shed that label.
    Just grow up and get off Facebook??

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Just grow up and get off Facebook??
    It isn't just facebook though you simpleton

Banned

If they decide to make scaremongering on the internet illegal they'll already have enough evidence on you to give you the electric chair twice.

Grow a pair ffs.

Most of it is and your name calling speaks volumes for your low IQ and EQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    If they decide to make scaremongering on the internet illegal they'll already have enough evidence on you to give you the electric chair twice.

Grow a pair ffs.
    Grow a pair? I always assumed you were just thick but at least we have confirmation you're a 12 year old now.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Most of it is and your name calling speaks volumes for your low IQ and EQ.
    It isn't just facebook though, any time you use google, amazon or anything like that it's stored and used for targetted marketing. I'm not saying it is the end of the world but it is strange how we are so blasé about something like this which really could end up being the thin end of the wedge when it comes to infringements of your civil liberties.

Banned

Grow a pair? I always assumed you were just thick but at least we have confirmation you're a 12 year old now.
    Just tell us all why you are soooo scared. I bet you sleep with the light on.