Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
I cant see there being a sky deal, but i can see a tv deal in the offering, with it drawing C4 biggest viewing figures of the week its got to look like an attractive proposition to show international matches.

With the money floating around in the premier league it wouldn't hurt to filter it down into the womens game, as these women are fans, and the more girls they can get interested in the game, the more fans they will attract to them at a later date, and Womens football is only going to grow.
C4 can't deliver the TV coverage needed to push women's football towards even lower league levels though. They've not got the expertise in producing sporting events, not got the ability to promote as well as Sky do.

Where Sky would be the best fit is in the rebranding of the Sky Sports channels - so dedicated Prem channel along with a general football channel. Original content would certainly help fill up the channels, especially during summer. Only other channel I could see doing a good job would possibly be Eurosport.

Attaching the womens game to the Prem money as is, eh, I'd not agree. When the bubble inevitably bursts, funding will then fall as the Prem protects itself - see what they've done to FL clubs. We know womens football won't get the same big money mens football does, so should the mens deal plummet over the years you'd not expect any womens deal to be affected, certainly to the same degree.

Equally, I'm sure Prem teams will demand a quid pro quo. Those not in the WSL, not running womens teams will want a slice of the pie - they sure as hell won't want to have to bother promoting or anything ( see the Man City / Doncaster fiasco ).