You obviously have an issue with that.

Re: France 0-1 England

Just asking

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Just asking
    What exactly is your problem, sonny?

No problem with women's football. Not my cup of tea but each to their own.

I don't mind supporting England when it's the women which is weird

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    I don't mind supporting England when it's the women which is weird
    This board gets weirder

This board gets weirder
    You think??

England under 19's European Champions

England under 20's. World Champions

England under 21's. European semis

England women. Euro champions (prediction)

I watched it, poor game but well done to England

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    You think??

England under 19's European Champions

England under 20's. World Champions

England under 21's. European semis

England women. Euro champions (prediction)
    We're Welsh though?

We're Welsh though?
    Ummm

We play in their league though. Your telling me your not a little proud?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Ummm

We play in their league though. Your telling me your not a little proud?

Only of the manager, who's Welsh :thunbup:

Classic casting.

Very little entertainment and won by the poorer of the two teams, but it was the sort of battling win any team who go on to win major international tournaments need somewhere along the line.

Watched about half an hour or so. Much like all women's football, rather bland and boring. As much as the BBC etc. try to big it up and give it equal billing in their sports news ["Millie Whats-her-name has just signed a new contract for Man City"], it has very little entertainment value, just novelty.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Watched about half an hour or so. Much like all women's football, rather bland and boring. As much as the BBC etc. try to big it up and give it equal billing in their sports news ["Millie Whats-her-name has just signed a new contract for Man City"], it has very little entertainment value, just novelty.
    Agree completely.

All this pc equal opportunities shit gets right on my tits.

The reason womens football gets little interest is because it's generally a bit shite.

Nothing to do with them being women, all about the quality of football on display. For the same reason there's not much demand for isthmian counties third division south on the telly.

If women are good at sport then people will show interest. It's why people like Serena Williams are superstar celebrities.

If the quality just isn't there then don't expect people to feign interest just because the participants have vaginas.

The irony is that the media pretending it's relevant is probably the most discriminatory thing they can do.

But people are showing interest every dutch game is a sell out.

The turn out yesterday was good by any competitions standards. And the football is much better than it used to be.

People are basing this idea that there is no interest on pretty much nothing. They don't know the viewing figures.

What else would channel 4 be showing?. Sex box or some other garbage. At least some youngsters will gain something from seeing women playing.

The sheer amount of mens football that is televised, the majority of which is turgid, is ridiculous now. How many games from last year on TV would you say were properly good?. The Manc derby was horrendous. 7 times out of 10 I would say the games are boring. If not more.

I don't mind coverage of this as womens sport is growing. But the amount of TV programmes on the BBC about being gay this week is OTT. Who cares like!.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

If the quality just isn't there then don't expect people to feign interest just because the participants have vaginas.
    This is true, I come on here several times a day despite the fact most people on here are cünts.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

The turn out yesterday was good by any competitions standards. And the football is much better than it used to be.

People are basing this idea that there is no interest on pretty much nothing. They don't know the viewing figures.

What else would channel 4 be showing?. Sex box or some other garbage. At least some youngsters will gain something from seeing women playing.

The sheer amount of mens football that is televised, the majority of which is turgid, is ridiculous now. How many games from last year on TV would you say were properly good?. The Manc derby was horrendous. 7 times out of 10 I would say the games are boring. If not more.

I don't mind coverage of this as womens sport is growing. But the amount of TV programmes on the BBC about being gay this week is OTT. Who cares like!.
    Agree that football - Premiership especially -is becoming increasingly boring. It's attack v defence, with 99% of the passes going nowhere, but as Lecter says, it's no better, probably worse, than 10th/11th tier mens' football. I actually prefer women's tennis to men's, and equally track events, but last night an awful lot of huffing and puffing, and what, one decent shot on goal all game ?

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    This is true, I come on here several times a day despite the fact most people on here are cünts.
    yeh but you must feel right a home then

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Agree completely.

All this pc equal opportunities shit gets right on my tits.

The reason womens football gets little interest is because it's generally a bit shite.

Nothing to do with them being women, all about the quality of football on display. For the same reason there's not much demand for isthmian counties third division south on the telly.

If women are good at sport then people will show interest. It's why people like Serena Williams are superstar celebrities.

The irony is that the media pretending it's relevant is probably the most discriminatory thing they can do.
    It has to start somewhere though doesn't it? The more publicity the more people are interested and take part, more players and more money for better coaching and facilities and the quality will improve.

It isn't boring because it's women it's boring because it's years behind the men's game in a lot of aspects. But tournements like this with increased viewership means it will improve. It will be good to remove the stigma of women doing certain sports at school etc too.

Some people, not everything on tv is aimed at you remember. Eastenders and love island is on every night and I think that is absolute shite but I understand why it's on.

The audience figures on C4 peaked last night at 3m which makes it C4 biggest audience of the week. It also gave a boost to the show on after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Some people, not everything on tv is aimed at you remember. Eastenders and love island is on every night and I think that is absolute shite but I understand why it's on.
    Ye that is basically what I said in that post.

Look at the schedules on BBC four and the two main ones this week. Constant programmes about being gay. A tv show called "Queer" is on basically every day.

I am contradicting myself here it looks like though, defending womens football then criticising this

Something about programmes about peoples sexuality grinds though. I couldnt give a flying $%^& who you decide to shack up with or have intercourse with.

Far better programmes on BBC four than this load of meaningless baloney.