+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: France 0-1 England

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: France 0-1 England

Very little entertainment and won by the poorer of the two teams, but it was the sort of battling win any team who go on to win major international tournaments need somewhere along the line.

Watched about half an hour or so. Much like all women's football, rather bland and boring. As much as the BBC etc. try to big it up and give it equal billing in their sports news ["Millie Whats-her-name has just signed a new contract for Man City"], it has very little entertainment value, just novelty.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Watched about half an hour or so. Much like all women's football, rather bland and boring. As much as the BBC etc. try to big it up and give it equal billing in their sports news ["Millie Whats-her-name has just signed a new contract for Man City"], it has very little entertainment value, just novelty.
    Agree completely.

All this pc equal opportunities shit gets right on my tits.

The reason womens football gets little interest is because it's generally a bit shite.

Nothing to do with them being women, all about the quality of football on display. For the same reason there's not much demand for isthmian counties third division south on the telly.

If women are good at sport then people will show interest. It's why people like Serena Williams are superstar celebrities.

If the quality just isn't there then don't expect people to feign interest just because the participants have vaginas.

The irony is that the media pretending it's relevant is probably the most discriminatory thing they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

If the quality just isn't there then don't expect people to feign interest just because the participants have vaginas.
    This is true, I come on here several times a day despite the fact most people on here are cünts.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    This is true, I come on here several times a day despite the fact most people on here are cünts.
    yeh but you must feel right a home then

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    yeh but you must feel right a home then
    Thanks for proving my point. :thunbup:

Agree completely.

The reason womens football gets little interest is because it's generally a bit shite.

Nothing to do with them being women, all about the quality of football on display. For the same reason there's not much demand for isthmian counties third division south on the telly.

If women are good at sport then people will show interest. It's why people like Serena Williams are superstar celebrities.

The irony is that the media pretending it's relevant is probably the most discriminatory thing they can do.
    It has to start somewhere though doesn't it? The more publicity the more people are interested and take part, more players and more money for better coaching and facilities and the quality will improve.

It isn't boring because it's women it's boring because it's years behind the men's game in a lot of aspects. But tournements like this with increased viewership means it will improve. It will be good to remove the stigma of women doing certain sports at school etc too.

SuperBluebirds91

Agree completely.

The thing to remember mate is that professional women's football is pretty new as in all they have to concentrate on is training and the matches . Many women work a full time job and play football amongst some of the top teams. Could you imagine if Kenneth Zohore had to go and work a 37.5 week then fit the football around it! He wouldn't be half as good or skillful. Like the men's matches some are boring and some are brilliant. Some of the women's matches I've seen I've thought the women were at a higher level of skill than watching championship men's and they are quick! What you haven't got is the crowds and support in women's football. You haven't got the buzz of the chanting and thousands upon thousands of fans giving the match an edge! After watching that programme last week about women being banned from football for 50 years and not being allowed to play on any pitch up and down the country - is there any wonder that they dont get the crowds now. The fact is that women were bringing in bigger crowds than the men 100 years ago until the ban took place and they have tried to wipe all knowledge of this from history. I love watching g the men's football but think it's unfair to say women's football is boring and bland. I definitely support both and with time women's level of quality will grow and grow.