Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
But people are showing interest every dutch game is a sell out.

The turn out yesterday was good by any competitions standards. And the football is much better than it used to be.

People are basing this idea that there is no interest on pretty much nothing. They don't know the viewing figures.

What else would channel 4 be showing?. Sex box or some other garbage. At least some youngsters will gain something from seeing women playing.

The sheer amount of mens football that is televised, the majority of which is turgid, is ridiculous now. How many games from last year on TV would you say were properly good?. The Manc derby was horrendous. 7 times out of 10 I would say the games are boring. If not more.

I don't mind coverage of this as womens sport is growing. But the amount of TV programmes on the BBC about being gay this week is OTT. Who cares like!.
Agree that football - Premiership especially -is becoming increasingly boring. It's attack v defence, with 99% of the passes going nowhere, but as Lecter says, it's no better, probably worse, than 10th/11th tier mens' football. I actually prefer women's tennis to men's, and equally track events, but last night an awful lot of huffing and puffing, and what, one decent shot on goal all game ?