+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Saturday's starting XI ? So many possibilities and players that will be left out.

Saturday's starting XI ? So many possibilities and players that will be left out.

Etheridge
    Richards ( assuming Peltier not to be fit)
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett

Hoilett
    Ralls
    Gunnarsson
    Tomlin
    Mendez-Laing

Zohore

Re: Saturday's starting XI ? So many possibilities and players that will be left out.

I'm surprised Ward hasn't had a go as a winger in pre-season. It must show confidence in what we have, or desire to keep him as a fit backup striker, but if creating a team of 11 best individuals we'd play 3-5-2 with Tomlin behind ward and Zohore.

Re: Saturday's starting XI ? So many possibilities and players that will be left out.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Etheridge
    Richards ( assuming Peltier not to be fit)
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett

Hoilett
    Ralls
    Gunnarsson
    Tomlin
    Mendez-Laing

Zohore
    Given Warnocks pattern last year I wouldn't be surprised if he starts with Damour or Manga instead of Tomlin, then bring on Tomlin later on

Have a feeling he will play 5 at the back
    Etheridge
    Peltier
    Manga
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Bennett
    Gunnar
    Ralls
    Hollett
    Tomlin
    Zohore

Hard to call as fitness is going to be key ,its an away game and probably expected to win ,I'm of the view he will keep it tight from the start , have a strong bench I'll go :
    Murphy
    Peltier
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Manga.
    Gunnerson.
    Ralls
    Holiet
    Ward
    Zohore
    Harris

Can't see us going 5 at the back with our width options now: Harris, Hoilett, Mendez-Liang, Pilkington, Damour, Kennedy, even Declan John

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Can't see us going 5 at the back with our width options now: Harris, Hoilett, Mendez-Liang, Pilkington, Damour, Kennedy, even Declan John
    Also the fact we didn't play 5 at the back during ore season.

I think the op lineup is more likely

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I'm surprised Ward hasn't had a go as a winger in pre-season. It must show confidence in what we have, or desire to keep him as a fit backup striker, but if creating a team of 11 best individuals we'd play 3-5-2 with Tomlin behind ward and Zohore.
    Didn't Ward play the second half of one of the friendlies as a winger, and set up two goals?

I'm struggling to remember which game - maybe Bodmin?

Whichever one it was I'm sure Warnock has had a brief look at him as a wide option in an attacking four.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Didn't Ward play the second half of one of the friendlies as a winger, and set up two goals?

I'm struggling to remember which game - maybe Bodmin?

Whichever one it was I'm sure Warnock has had a brief look at him as a wide option in an attacking four.
    He used to play out wide for Huddersfield from recollection

I think this will be Warnocks team

Etheridge
    Manga-Morrison-Bamba-Bennett
    Gunnarson - Ralls
    Mendez-Laing - Tomlin - Hoilett
    Zohore

Subs
    Murphy
    Richards
    Halford
    Damour
    Harris
    Pilkington
    Ward

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Etheridge
    Gunnarson - Ralls
    Zohore

Subs
    Murphy
    Richards
    Halford
    Damour
    Harris
    Pilkington
    Ward
    That would be my prediction also

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Etheridge
    Gunnarson - Ralls
    Zohore

Subs
    Murphy
    Richards
    Halford
    Damour
    Harris
    Pilkington
    Ward
    I think that will be right assuming Peltier and Connolly are carrying minor injuries.

The only position I'm unsure of is right back. Bruno had a run out there in the last game and did well, and Richards has been protected because of a minor injury even though he's been on the bench recently. If both were 100% fit I think Richards would just get the nod.