+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Prison Service, Tories and mismanagement

Prison Service, Tories and mismanagement

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40798604

This government is without a doubt the most corrupt, useless bunch of bastards ever.

Re: Prison Service, Tories and mismanagement

Without a doubt is a bit of a stretch given labours last efforts.

Parties will always be criticised under power. They've got no chance of being successful. It is bordering on impossible to successfully run the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

Parties will always be criticised under power. They've got no chance of being successful. It is bordering on impossible to successfully run the UK.
    Privatising the Probation service ( or half of it to be technically correct ) was a major **** up on the part of the Conservatives.

Privatisation of prison services goes back a while I noticed other countries in Europe have part privatisation programmes guess its a cost saving exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

Probably so.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Privatising the Probation service ( or half of it to be technically correct ) was a major **** up on the part of the Conservatives.
    Probably so also.

2012 and before privatation was being considered by all parties, its about balancing the public purse , as more is demanded of it year on year .

The clever trick is how to fund what , and have the partnerships in place from the private sector , whilst ensuring the contracts have a rigougrous penalty system built into them for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    2012 and before privatation was being considered by all parties, its about balancing the public purse , as more is demanded of it year on year .

The clever trick is how to fund what , and have the partnerships in place from the private sector , whilst ensuring the contracts have a rigougrous penalty system built into them for failure.
    Probation officers in the privatised company in Wales ( the CRC) are managing up to 60 offenders within the community.

And they're making people redundant tonsace costs.

In the history of stupid ****ing ideas it's right up there, well done Chris Grayling 👏👏

I am unable to become interested never mind animated about anything that goes on behind the walls of British prisons. The recidivism rate is incredibly high which suggests (to me, anyway) that too many have no fear of returning. I have no idea what the stats show for when hard labour was in vogue but I somehow doubt that 50% reoffended within 12 months of release.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Privatisation of prison services goes back a while I noticed other countries in Europe have part privatisation programmes guess its a cost saving exercise.
    It's also a profit making exercise for somebody if you have the right contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's also a profit making exercise for somebody if you have the right contacts.
    I dont know why they dont legalise the drug trade within the prisons and let the tax revenues pay for their upkeep.

Capitalism at its best