+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New season, new features, new forums?

Re: New season, new features, new forums?

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    *constantly
    Maybe he meant "contently"?

I can imagine the serenity involved in contently spoiling threads...

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Steve's right though.

Mike will happily take forum advice from posters like Stan Butler who have posted about 4 times in the last week, two of which were about birds he fancies whilst trying to distance the board from the posters that actually keep it ticking over in the quiet times.

The ones moaning always seem to be the ones who prefer moaning than starting football related threads.
    That's a bit rich coming from you. I don't think I've ever seen you post anything of any substance on football and you spend your life on here.

I sense another flounce.
    Good

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    That's a bit rich coming from you. I don't think I've ever seen you post anything of any substance on football and you spend your life on here.
    I'd be prepared to bet I've posted more football related posts on here than Stan.

Steve's right though.

Mike will happily take forum advice from posters like Stan Butler who have posted about 4 times in the last week, two of which were about birds he fancies whilst trying to distance the board from the posters that actually keep it ticking over in the quiet times.

The ones moaning always seem to be the ones who prefer moaning than starting football related threads.
    I quite agree, I came here for the football but it's the funnies that keep me here.

I quite agree, I came here for the football but it's the funnies that keep me here.
    All Mike has said is he doesn't want the match and prediction threads derailed I don't know why people are getting their knickers in such a twist

I'd be prepared to bet I've posted more football related posts on here than Stan.
    if you want to make the bet a ratio of football posts v number of posts made then I'll bet you

All Mike has said is he doesn't want the match and prediction threads derailed I don't know why people are getting their knickers in such a twist
    Those threads typically don't get derailed with jokes. What were you saying about twisted knickers?

if you want to make the bet a ratio of football posts v number of posts made then I'll bet you
    Lets say for every 10 posts I make 1 is football related but for every 10 posts Stan makes 2 are football related. What conclusions would you come to?

Those threads typically don't get derailed with jokes. What were you saying about twisted knickers?
    Jokes are funny. You're not.

Lets say for every 10 posts I make 1 is football related but for every 10 posts Stan makes 2 are football related. What conclusions would you come to?
    If you want help with Key Stage 1 maths then you can get a variety of exercise books from The Works

The most interesting threads have nothing to do with football and particularly Cardiff City which is a depressing subject especially if we lose two games on the trot when so called fans will be calling for "Warnock out"

Is getting rid of the ads (not Adz) on offer? You'd double the interaction if you could...

It could be worse, you could be a nasty attention seeking anonymous Troll.

A Saturday night, over 18's after 22.00pm Filth thread, post your best filth sites

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

In all seriousness, I'd be all in favour of a weekly Loramski "loanwatch" feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Is getting rid of the ads (not Adz) on offer? You'd double the interaction if you could...
    It would be great if this could happen

How about a football forum so our joke/pun/politics/boobs threads don't get cluttered up?

Banned

How about a fishing Forum, Hartley could be a Coderator. He got the mouth for it

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    But honestly speaking, the adverts are annoying on mobile so I hardly come here on mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Yes, let's do away with any comedy on here.

Swines, coming on here enjoying themselves etc.....
    Maybe if the comedy on here suddenly became funny, people wouldn't mind

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    How about something like this as a sticky? Makes it easy to have a nose what opposition fans are saying about us in the lead-up to games.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/top...-clubs-forums/

Might generate some discussion/laughs/derision.
    Jesus, there's not much happening on the Burton site.

Ok. After seeing the replies I'll put up a match thread a couple of days ahead of a game. Will also sticky a score predictions thread to run alongside. I may add an announcement with links to other clubs forums so you can have a couple of clicks to check out other teams boards.

There is an infraction system that we've never used. I'm going to try and keep on top of threads and I will issue infractions if people deliberately troll, derail or abuse / post insensitive stuff.

This is a real tricky area to moderate between comedy, insensitivity, etc. But I'll try. Infractions come with a points award, run up 6 points and you get a ban. Maybe set it for 48 hours.

I don't know what happens when an infraction is issued. I guess you get notified. I will issue a couple tonight as tests. From tomorrow they will be real. Might work, might not.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    But honestly speaking, the adverts are annoying on mobile so I hardly come here on mobile
    I didn't think I'd see an argument for keeping the adverts - but here we are.

I have asked for ads to be removed. Now we can post YouTube and Twitter in opening posts as that ad has been removed. But I can't influence much more. I can only suggest ad blockers.