+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Six game Flex Tickets

Re: Six game Flex Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    See point 3 in above post +

These are guesswork figures, but hopefully, anyone with a brain will see where I am coming from:-----

Stadium------------------------------ 26000 (not counting the new White Elephant)
    S/T's, gold members-----------------16000
    away fans----------------------------- 3000

Leaves space for another 7000, so say 3 to 4 take up the offer that leaves 3 to 4 walk up and if we have a good season (IF), there is a chance the club could end up turning fans away.

All they are asking for is a chance to have exact numbers, so they can plan ahead (maybe even open the White Elephant)

give 'um a chance boys & girls.
    And that makes sense to you?

A great idea yet for some it's not good enough perhaps the club can provide free free transport back and for to the game for them.

Excellent idea, for people like myself who work Saturdays

They could send out flexi cards and simply give you access with the card at the gate on matchday. No need nowadays to have a unique ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    And that makes sense to you?
    I did say "anyone with a brain"

SuperBluebirds91

I'm guessing that tickets are more expensive to purchase on the day so it would give you an unfair advantage just turning up. I personally think it's a great idea by the club and its saves you money off tickets if you just turn up on the day or purchase near the match day. Don't forget when you purchase a ticket via the phone or online there are extra postage charges and booking fees so with this booklet you save money by buying it and if it collect from the ticket office you save again! i live 30 mins away at least but it doesn't stop me going down there if I need tickets or something from the club shop. I try and time it with something else I need to do in Cardiff etc. Or perhaps pop into Marks at Culver etc etc etc. You could always purchase 2 tickets in a row if they are on sale? I think the flexi card is a good idea instead of a booklet but dont forget this has only just come in so it maybe changed at some point. I still think the club are trying their best to generate more revenue, bring fans through the door, get the attendances up and work with the fans and for that you have got to give them credit.

What I read from the flex ticket announcement that you can go down to the shop UP UNTIL 24 before a fixture so perhaps you can purchase a few weeks before leaving you plenty of time to visit the ticket office (best check with the club though that that's correct).

I did say "anyone with a brain"
    Go on then, explain to me why you think it's sensible to not count 8000 empty seats in the top tier, weren't they built to be sat on?

Anyway let's be honest they won't come into play anyway this season as they'll be no call for them

Go on then, explain to me why you think it's sensible to not count 8000 empty seats in the top tier, weren't they built to be sat on?

Anyway let's be honest they won't come into play anyway this season as they'll be no call for them
    I can only assume that the Red and White Elephant can be closed off quite easily. Start sticking people in there and you have to open doors, get extra stewards, opening food outlets/opening the bogs etc?

I believe there are about 5000 in the top tier and the reason I am discounting them is because we can't fill them at the moment and the club, don't employ the staff on a matchday to police them BUT

If they knew 24 hours before, that the main stadium was full, they may be able to organise enough staff to OPEN IT, see simples.

I believe there are about 5000 in the top tier and the reason I am discounting them is because we can't fill them at the moment and the club, don't employ the staff on a matchday to police them BUT

If they knew 24 hours before, that the main stadium was full, they may be able to organise enough staff to OPEN IT, see simples.
    How often did we turn away fans last season or the one before that because we hit the 26k mark?

I think you'll find that if ticket sales were approaching that mark then the upper tier would be opened one block at a time, stewards are on a pittance.

Its a good idea but it would get a better take up if there was an online option or a walk up on the day option

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I can only assume that the Red and White Elephant can be closed off quite easily. Start sticking people in there and you have to open doors, get extra stewards, opening food outlets/opening the bogs etc?
    Exactly, they'd need to make sure it was cost effective to open it up. At the moment, it is only cost effective for Wales games and that Derby game in April 2016.

Re: Flex Tickets

Three things,

1) I will check with the club later, if it's possible to redeem over the phone or on tinternet.

2) Don't any of you KNOW anyone in Cardiff who could collect your tickets (me for example, as TBG will confirm, always here to help fellow fans)

3) If you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
    2) Yes, but that's not the issue. Unless I knew someone was actually going to or near the ground, I wouldn't dream of imposing a trip on someone just to help me out.

Typical City fans. The club try and do something positive for the fans and people still moan like ****.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Typical City fans. The club try and do something positive for the fans and people still moan like ****.
    Welcome to the internet, and the world basically. But especially the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Welcome to the internet, and the world basically. But especially the internet
    If you received a £20 Argos voucher for Xmas and had to drive across the city to the store to pick up your queue number ticket and then being told you'll have to come back tomorrow to collect your item wouldn't you think there's a better way to do it?

If you received a £20 Argos voucher for Xmas and had to drive across the city to the store to pick up your queue number ticket and then being told you'll have to come back tomorrow to collect your item wouldn't you think there's a better way to do it?
    It's not a single ticket though, it's a booklet. I think some good ideas for improvements have been raised (redeeming online/over the phone) but this thread has been too negative for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It's not a single ticket though, it's a booklet. I think some good ideas for improvements have been raised (redeeming online/over the phone) but this thread has been too negative for what it is.
    That's right so 6 times as bad!

Don't confuse constructive criticism with negativity it's been well received by everyone in this thread

I think this is a fantastic idea by the club and one that should be applauded. I hope they get the message into schools and on buses / bus stops all over South Wales. It could have a really positive impact on attendances if the message becomes 'common knowledge'.

Perhaps it could do with a few minor tweaks as have been suggested in this thread.

Rhiw Blue - why don't you drop Keith Morgan (Since62) a line and see if he can put the suggestions to the club via The Trust?

Re: Flex Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    2) Yes, but that's not the issue. Unless I knew someone was actually going to or near the ground, I wouldn't dream of imposing a trip on someone just to help me out.
    As my main suppliers are in that area, I pass there nearly every day AND even if I had no reason to go near there, nothing is to much trouble to help a city fan.

PS:------ If I can't make it, my oppo PETER definitely can.