+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neymars father earns more than Messi

Neymars father earns more than Messi

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/heres-ho...ransfer-136350

If this is true then that's just insane.

The game truly has gone mad.

Re: Neymars father earns more than Messi

He's probably a better player too

Insane, indeed; and surely unsustainable.
    Top-level could well implode in a few years time., though Chinese money may keep it going a bit in Asia.

Clubs a joke

The nerve of holding out for a "Loyalty" payment from Barca. Bonkers.

Neymar is now on 40.3 million a year

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The nerve of holding out for a "Loyalty" payment from Barca. Bonkers.
    Barca evaded taxes, hid funds, changed presidents, sat out two transfer windows, paid off his dad, broke international law and took Qatar's blood money in order to get Neymar; then act bitter when Qatar comes back to bite them on the arse. Neymar Sr and Jr came from a favela. For me, in recent years, the halo has certainly slipped from Barca and the villification of Neymar Sr and Jr will begin, as opposed to Barca looking inwardly at why their morals have completely disappeared.

How long before we see the average Championship salary above 1 million a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Barca evaded taxes, hid funds, changed presidents, sat out two transfer windows, paid off his dad, broke international law and took Qatar's blood money in order to get Neymar; then act bitter when Qatar comes back to bite them on the arse. Neymar Sr and Jr came from a favela. For me, in recent years, the halo has certainly slipped from Barca and the villification of Neymar Sr and Jr will begin, as opposed to Barca looking inwardly at why their morals have completely disappeared.
    So what youre saying is the Neymars can be excused from immoral activity because they are from the favela?

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/heres-ho...ransfer-136350

If this is true then that's just insane.

The game truly has gone mad.
    And Messi's the most overpaid player in the world apparently.

I think this only highlights the problem with agents aka vultures being paid vastly inflated payments. When will this madness ever stop?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And Messi's the most overpaid player in the world apparently.
    What do you mean?.

Edit - now I know.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I think this only highlights the problem with agents aka vultures being paid vastly inflated payments. When will this madness ever stop?
    It will only stop when clubs decide enough is enough and refuse to pay these ridiculous transfer fees and wages.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    It will only stop when clubs decide enough is enough and refuse to pay these ridiculous transfer fees and wages.
    I'm guessing that will only happen when Sky, Nike, Emirates and all the other people funding it realise that it's not cost efficient any more.

Until then it's all about trying to squeeze every last drop of money out of the game.

Not that I'm wishing serious injury on any player (apart from Jack Grealish of course) but imagine if PSG Stump up 200 million quid up front on Neymar and he breaks his leg in his first game?

Saying that, he'd still be better value for money than Cornelius.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Not that I'm wishing serious injury on any player (apart from Jack Grealish of course) but imagine if PSG Stump up 200 million quid up front on Neymar and he breaks his leg in his first game?

Saying that, he'd still be better value for money than Cornelius.
    If only tan wasnt a bellend and flogged him to try to back up his case against MM.

Rickie lambert will go down as one of the worst signings in my memory. Plenty of chances. Unfit and crap. Not on corn dogs wage but still huge.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    If only tan wasnt a bellend and flogged him to try to back up his case against MM.

Rickie lambert will go down as one of the worst signings in my memory. Plenty of chances. Unfit and crap. Not on corn dogs wage but still huge.
    I'll see your Lambert and raise you Gavin Gordon. Half a million quid (quite a sum at the time) for a shit LFW.

Think Messi and Pa were guilty of making more money via certain tax dealings , if FFP is applied the state owned PSG will have to pay the lot in full ,the other way out Neymer buys out his own contract again subsided by the state called Quatar.

Its not only agents that are a worry, it's the growing number of state owned influenced clubs ,which surely is morally wrong.

Time to stand tall and become brave Fifa , lead by example, oh hang on you have , and these murky dealings symbolises your own alleged corrupitions

So what youre saying is the Neymars can be excused from immoral activity because they are from the favela?
    No but Barcelona whining about it annoys me. The one who's forgotten their morals is Barcelona, they've ignored talent from the academy, pissed money up the wall and chosen bad managers, and pretended how pious they are while taking Qatar's money.

No but Barcelona whining about it annoys me. The one who's forgotten their morals is Barcelona, they've ignored talent from the academy, pissed money up the wall and chosen bad managers, and pretended how pious they are while taking Qatar's money.
    Im not from Barcelona though, im just a general football fan concerned about where the game is going when an agent is earning more than the best footballer in the world. Two wrongs dont make a right, and just because they come from the fevela many years ago, it doesnt justify their actions now.

Barcelona's error was in voting in the current president. If Laporta had got back we would now be seeing La Masi fully utilised again instead of being an after thought.

Im not from Barcelona though, im just a general football fan concerned about where the game is going when an agent is earning more than the best footballer in the world. Two wrongs dont make a right, and just because they come from the fevela many years ago, it doesnt justify their actions now.
    I personally don't think Neymar is in it for the money, I think he wants to be top dog somewhere. The money helps but Barca are in a mess. Agents fees, wages and transfer fees are absolutely stupid. If Neymar goes for £193m, and I've seen somewhere that Ligue 1 prize money is €30m and the CL is about €50m, they'd have to win 3 league titles and 2 CL titles just to cover his transfer fee. Football has long been disappearing up its own arse for a while though, so I'm not shocked. I just hope (it won't be) that this is a watershed moment, where everyone agrees that enough is enough and we can press the reset button.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Barcelona's error was in voting in the current president. If Laporta had got back we would now be seeing La Masi fully utilised again instead of being an after thought.
    I agree, since Laporta left in 2010, Barcelona have become just another big club, they are no longer "more than a club". They have bought atrociously for years though. In the game vs PSG last season, one player (Umtiti) signed post 2014 played and he only played due to Alba being unavailable. They've spent over £200m in that time too.

I personally don't think Neymar is in it for the money, I think he wants to be top dog somewhere. The money helps but Barca are in a mess. Agents fees, wages and transfer fees are absolutely stupid. If Neymar goes for £193m, and I've seen somewhere that Ligue 1 prize money is €30m and the CL is about €50m, they'd have to win 3 league titles and 2 CL titles just to cover his transfer fee. Football has long been disappearing up its own arse for a while though, so I'm not shocked. I just hope (it won't be) that this is a watershed moment, where everyone agrees that enough is enough and we can press the reset button.
    I dont really think that argument washes when hes gone and joined the French league. Hes got less chance of winning a Ball'on Dor playing in France than he does Spain. If he wants to step out of Messis shadow then stay and out perform him.

Its all about the money for me.