+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Car Insurance Renewals

Car Insurance Renewals

Gone from £274 to £420[best]. Same car, more miles on clock, less value. Used all the various sites.

I know policies have gone up in price, but I've always been able to get a competitive quote even when they're alledgedly on the increase.

Only thin is, I did declare an SP30 this time. Can't see this would make much difference ..

Re: Car Insurance Renewals

they say it doesn't but it probably does otherwise why ask if you've got any 10% would be my guess, insurance has gone up but all you can do is try all the sites, i found money supermarket to be the cheapest

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Gone from £274 to £420[best]. Same car, more miles on clock, less value. Used all the various sites.

I know policies have gone up in price, but I've always been able to get a competitive quote even when they're alledgedly on the increase.

Only thin is, I did declare an SP30 this time. Can't see this would make much difference ..
    An SP30 does in fact make a distinct difference especially if you are under 30.

I am with MORE THAN, for both my car & van, BOTH policies were the same as last year after one phone call to protest about a 10% rise.

Actually, I think the van was £20 cheaper this year.

Mine went up from £800 to £950 this year with Aviva, no changes made to the poilcy. Spoke to them and managed to get it back down to £850 but then they told me about the Aviva drive app. basically you drive for 200 miles with it on your phone, being particurlaly careful, and it gives you a score out of 10 after 200 miles based on your cornering, acceleration and braking. I had a score of 7.6 so had a discount of 28%!! Ened up paying less than £600 after making a few other tweaks to the poilcy!

I usually manage to get a cheaper price than my renewal quote without too much trouble.Whatever happened to loyalty?

My dad recently fessed up to a Driver Awareness course, and his insurance company charged him £100 (on a £400 policy)

Insurance companies in my experience take the piss. It seems that every year the renewal letter shows a hefty increase with the line "If you want to accept the policy you don't need to do anything"

They seem to bank on people taking the easy option.

Every year I save my family (My car, wife's car, son's car, dad's car, house insurance) about £1,000 between us because I challenge the companies and tell them I've got a better price elsewhere and they need to sharpen their pencils.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I usually manage to get a cheaper price than my renewal quote without too much trouble.Whatever happened to loyalty?
    loyalty
    once they get your hard earned cash they couldn't give a monkeys mate
    robbing bar stewards

Direct Line - 2nd year premium has reduced

Interesting . As I suspected, for some reason there must be something in my 'profile' that has triggered such an increase. Time perhaps to be a bit creative..

I always argue with Admiral at renewal time and surprise surprise they always manage to bring it down to less than the previous year.

All the insurance companies rely on inertia selling as they know most people can't be arsed to phone up and moan.

Don't rely on just doing it on line.

Interesting . As I suspected, for some reason there must be something in my 'profile' that has triggered such an increase. Time perhaps to be a bit creative..
    Never , ever lie about things to do with insurance and cars. It will come back to bite you on the bum.

Do not renew or take out any insurance policy ON-LINE !!!!!!

There is no-one to talk to to get a DISCOUNT.

Tinternet, is not all it's cracked up to be.

Foolishly allowed our policy to autorenew last year but this year we haven't. Thankfully found a policy £200 cheaper than if we'd left it to autorenew.

saved over £500 on our 2 cars this year with this lot https://www.quotemehappy.com/