+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lionesses run comes to an end

Lionesses run comes to an end

When it's not your day.

Seemed to dominate but had no luck in front of goal, where at the other end they gift a second goal against themselves and then the match ends with an o.g.

FT Netherlands 3 - 0 England.

Re: Lionesses run comes to an end

From what I saw the best team won.

Like their male counterparts, they choked on the day, and instead of playing their normal game, reverted to British type in these situations, keeping it tight, square passes, back passes and all that rubbish, got what they deserved in the end, although a 3-0 score line was harsh.

good. womens shouldnt do sport.

From what I saw its a mans game, in the same way a Timelord is a bloke.

theres dishes ironing and cooking to be done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

thers disheis iron-bru-ing and cocking to b e done
    Let your guard down for a moment there Dafydd. ^^ Fixed up your post for you.

Lionesses stupid cows!!

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Lionesses stupid cows!!
    yawn .. heres chris from merthyr ladies and gentelmen

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Lionesses stupid cows!!
    Can't we just skip the infractions and go straight to a red with this muppet?.

Adds absolutely nothing to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    When it's not your day.

Seemed to dominate but had no luck in front of goal, where at the other end they gift a second goal against themselves and then the match ends with an o.g.

FT Netherlands 3 - 0 England.

Incredible listening to english media how little they have learned from the over-confidence and arrogance surrounding the england men's teams in tournaments.

The amount of times I heard "We are going to win", "we are favourites", "losing the keeper won't affect us ....we've got too much for the dutch" .....or words to that effect.

At the end of the day, a team I have no affinity with beat another team that I have no affinity with (but are arrogant).

Well done the Dutch.

By the way, I find the overt sympathy to the england women's team's exit a bit strange. No offence!

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Incredible listening to english media how little they have learned from the over-confidence and arrogance surrounding the england men's teams in tournaments.

The amount of times I heard "We are going to win", "we are favourites", "losing the keeper won't affect us ....we've got too much for the dutch" .....or words to that effect.

At the end of the day, a team I have no affinity with beat another team that I have no affinity with (but are arrogant).

Well done the Dutch.

By the way, I find the overt sympathy to the england women's team's exit a bit strange. No offence!
    To be fair, if we had beaten the three other teams in the semi's within the last 9 months you'd expect our journalists to talk us up a bit.

Disappointing for their Welsh manager but otherwise a non-event.

They even moved the kick off of the Charity Shield forward so people could watch England Women in the final. Theyll never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    They even moved the kick off of the Charity Shield forward so people could watch England Women in the final. Theyll never learn.
    That kick off was planned for 2pm from the start. It's only this week (with England in the semi's) they admitted it was made a 2pm kick off in the hope that if England made the final that people could get home to watch.

They didn't just change the kick off last week

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    But Arsenal and Chelsea sold the (limited) meaning of that game for a pre-season tour of Asia so what does it matter? May as well cancel the game and get on with things.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    But Arsenal and Chelsea sold the (limited) meaning of that game for a pre-season tour of Asia so what does it matter? May as well cancel the game and get on with things.
    which things?

then theres the dinners to cook

Good.
    Every news report on this seemed to mention 19 flaming 66!

Only watched England's last two matches, but what struck me was how much poor quality, long ball stuff they played - they didn't get what they deserved against France, but they certainly did last night.

quality content

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Only watched England's last two matches, but what struck me was how much poor quality, long ball stuff they played - they didn't get what they deserved against France, but they certainly did last night.
    I find referees will blow for any type of contact , the players tend to run into each other easily ,and their reaction time to the tackle ability can be poor

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

Well done the Dutch.

Great post!!

Lions have life sussed.
    They send the lionesses out to hunt, sleep all day, then eat, shag and fall asleep again.

The commentator said something like:

"So England still haven't won a major tournament for over 50 years" !!!!! Major tournament?