+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neymar signs

Neymar signs

Paris St-Germain have signed Brazil forward Neymar for a world record fee of 222m euros (£200m) from Barcelona.

The deal for the 25-year-old smashes the previous record set when Paul Pogba returned to Manchester United from Juventus for £89m in August 2016.

He will earn 45m euros (£40.7m) a year - 865,000 euros (£782,000) a week - before tax from the initial five-year deal, a total outlay of £400m.

Neymar said he has joined "one of the most ambitious clubs in Europe".

"Paris St-Germain's ambition attracted me to the club, along with the passion and the energy this brings," he added.

"I feel ready to take the challenge. From today, I will do everything I can to help my new team-mates."

The French side have arranged a news conference for 12:30 BST on Friday. Neymar will then be introduced to fans on Saturday at PSG's first game of the season against Amiens at Parc des Princes.

Re: Neymar signs

Phew, Fifa threats soon disappeared.

Money is killing football

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    With out a doubt.

Basically, the only way this works out as money-well-spent is if they win the Champions' League. Good luck.

We've been saying that for the last 15 years or so, since Madrid signed all the galacticos, but it still hasn't been killed off.

I've been hearing this for 20 years now.

That said I do hope UEFA step in with serious sanctions here for PSG i.e. A European ban

i am glad he went to a proper club and left the republican terorissts.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We've been saying that for the last 15 years or so, since Madrid signed all the galacticos, but it still hasn't been killed off.
    Yes ironically La Liga didn't choose to investigate how Madrid got rich all of a sudden , how alledgly some Spanish sides get tax relief , and get local authority help.

When something loses it's soul it is dying, if not already dead.
    Just because it still walks about doesn't mean it is not dying, nor condemned.

Money is killing 'Football' .

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    When something loses it's soul it is dying, if not already dead.
    Just because it still walks about doesn't mean it is not dying, nor condemned.

Money is killing 'Football' .

What is 'football'?

even 90s football it will be a pale imitation of some people's thoughts of it from the 50s-70s. And same with the generation before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    I've been hearing this for 20 years now.

That said I do hope UEFA step in with serious sanctions here for PSG i.e. A European ban
    Why? Apart from going after a player with a stupid offer which many clubs have done before them quite recently (Barca/Real/Man Utd/Juve)

Zohore must be worth at least £40mil NFQAT

Growing up football mad, I haven't watched the Premier League or Champions League for years now. Just not invested in any of these clubs and their silly money.

Champions League for me is a predictable and boring competition. The system is set up for the elite to always progress. would love them one year to even the playing field and allow teams for the same country to play each other in the group stages.
    And to call itself the Champions League when you can qualify by finishing fourth in your league is beyond me. Is it fair that a nations Champions like The New Saints have to go through 3 qualifying rounds just to get to the group stage play off round where Liverpool who finished fourth in their domestic league enter the fray.
    I know its all about the money ,but as a competition it is very boring .

Quote Originally Posted by hueypianosmith View Post
    Champions League for me is a predictable and boring competition. The system is set up for the elite to always progress. would love them one year to even the playing field and allow teams for the same country to play each other in the group stages.
    And to call itself the Champions League when you can qualify by finishing fourth in your league is beyond me. Is it fair that a nations Champions like The New Saints have to go through 3 qualifying rounds just to get to the group stage play off round where Liverpool who finished fourth in their domestic league enter the fray.
    Until more people start to think like you the madness will continue to grow and grow.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Zohore must be worth at least £40mil NFQAT
    And Messi must be worth 500 million

Every competition needs a shock result,it makes the competition more exciting , when did the champions league last have that.I don't care who wins these competitions what i want is an exciting all round competition. I want results happening where you go to work the next day and its all everyone is talking about. They should change the competitions name to the UEFA Elitist League.

The money isn't an issue for me really. It is by far the biggest game on the planet. People throw money at it.

What I have an issue with is how they're getting around the club being state funded as that shouldn't be allowed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    i am glad he went to a proper club and left the republican terorissts.

Banned

Keanu Reeves earned about 150 million for 2 matrix movies

Agree 100%. I have said exactly the same things in previous years.

When Man C won the PL a few years back, they were seeded 4th, yet teams who had to qualify to the groups found they were seeded higher on qualifying.

It's all backwards, and well done to those people who ditched BT when they passed their £1.18bnspend on Champions s League football to the general public.

Every competition needs a shock result,it makes the competition more exciting , when did the champions league last have that.I don't care who wins these competitions what i want is an exciting all round competition. I want results happening where you go to work the next day and its all everyone is talking about. They should change the competitions name to the UEFA Elitist League.
    You can get a surprise result but, usually it's in a dead rubber game. Anyway, you need 3-4 odd results to knock out a big boy AND knock down the coefficient rankings for the big associations (and their 4 places).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40827550
    Surely he means “Wallet”?