+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Championship clubs might fail this season?

What Championship clubs might fail this season?

There seems to be a few clubs who aren't in exactly the best of shape.

I think Ipswich are going to be mediocre side at best. Last weekend they got beat 6-1 at Charlton with McCarthy very upset.

I see Harry Redknapp is moaning about his squad not being good enough to challenge like he expected. Looks like he's paving the way for his departure if it goes wrong.

I do wonder if Wolves will do something after such a change of direction. How will such a big Portuguese influx work? They have owners with little patience.

Leeds have gone with a foreign manager as well with his first job at this level in England. Norwich as well

Hull and Sunderland seem far from stable and Villa are going to be under so much pressure from their fans.

The teams above are my possibles for having nightmare seasons.

On the other side I wonder if Brentford might just do OK. Derby could be strong under Rowett. Fulham might go for it again, Sheff Weds might come good but I think Reading may have peaked last year.

Burton, Millwall, Bolton, QPR, Barnsley, Bristol City, Forest are likely to be bottom half.

As for us, I hope Warnock has the right mix to give it a go. No one is giving us much of a chance.

Re: What Championship clubs might fail this season?

leeds and brisol are going down

QPR to go down. Think Preston will struggle too after losing Grayson.

Forest spent £2 million on the 34 year old Daryl Murphy the other day, and gave him a 3 year contract.
    I think they will struggle big time

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Forest spent £2 million on the 34 year old Daryl Murphy the other day, and gave him a 3 year contract.
    I think they will struggle big time
    Murphy has scored wherever he has been. Newcastle bought him for £4m the year before.

I don't see it with Villa, I don't think they've bought anyone with a wow factor, and Bruce doesn't seem to be able to get to grips with them.

I really think we will challenge for autos. Comfortably getting at least the playoffs.

And I'm loving the fact no one seems to agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I really think we will challenge for autos. Comfortably getting at least the playoffs.

i do. cardiff are going up pal

Sunderland look primed for another season of shite in the stadium of light.

I think Norwich are one of the bigger sides that will be surprisingly shit.

Can you show your working? We have good centre backs, and hopefully Tomlin and Zohore impress but we don't have anyone that can pass the football in midifield. It is a major area of concern for me.

Blunderlund, to struggle for me !

They seem in freefall

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I think Norwich are one of the bigger sides that will be surprisingly shit.
    I think they'll win it

Hull have flogged everyone.

I would be amazed if we are anywhere near the automatic places.
    Pleasantly surprised, but surprised.

I expect Sunderland, Hull, QPR and Forest to struggle along with Burton, Bolton, Millwall, Barnsley and Bristol City.

I hope Leeds struggle.

Fist manager to get the sack - Leonid Slutsky (Hull)

I think Bolton with all their financial woes will be in for a very long season, and Millwall are likely to struggle along with the Tractor Boys. I do however expect Forest to improve somewhat and I believe Wolves will be vastly improved, there's a real feel good factor there at the moment their opening game sold out weeks ago.

Sheff Utd are going to shock a lot of people, they played some great stuff last season and their manager is destined for a very bright future having amassed just short of 200 points in the last 2 seasons at the Blades and Northampton. You have to strongly fancy Boro to go straight back up and i'm a big fan of Rowett and I expect Derby to challenge for the second automatic spot along with Villa. Terry has naturally grabbed all the headlines but I think the purchase of Glen Whelan in the middle of the park was very astute and Villa are going to be right in the mix this season.

As for us, I hate predicting our fortunes and always duck out of including us in any bets! Think we'll be top half, and if we shift a couple of players by the end of the month and bring in a new central midfielder, with a bit of luck a top 6 finish is not beyond the realms of possibility!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think they'll win it
    Put your money where your mouth is.

I bet you one Curly Wurly they'll finish bottom half of the table.

I think Sunderland are in for a hard season,truly believe they are in for a long stay at this level.As for Cardiff its a challenge for the play offs for me,really looking forward to this season. Don't think our transfer dealing are done yet and wouldn't be surprised to see players like Noone and Pilkington gone by the time the widow closes.

Millwall, Burton and Bolton down. Bluebirds champions and all wrapped up by Christmas

Derby won't get in top ten,neither will Leeds who will get through at least 3 managers this season and one by December.QPR,Millwall and Burton will get relegated.
    Sunderland will scrape by in the bottom ten. Too many clubs in the Championship have got new foreign managers with no experience in the UK let alone the Championship.This will bite their arses

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Put your money where your mouth is.

I bet you one Curly Wurly they'll finish bottom half of the table.
    You're on.

Villa just signed a lad from spurs on loan who is meant to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Derby won't get in top ten,neither will Leeds who will get through at least 3 managers this season and one by December.QPR,Millwall and Burton will get relegated.
    Sunderland will scrape by in the bottom ten. Too many clubs in the Championship have got new foreign managers with no experience in the UK let alone the Championship.This will bite their arses
    Derby, won't get in top 10, your having a laugh mate, I'll take that wager any day of the week! Bookmarked!!

Norwich have adopted the wonderful keep the ball at all costs and pass the ball across your defenders style - YAWN - but effective. Top 6
    Villa look good but have no pace - they will be OK at home not so good away. Wont make play offs.
    Derby are going to be very strong as are Fulham and Wednesday. Top 6
    MBoro should win the league as they have a lot of goals and pace in the team. Champions.
    Wolves and Leeds will no doubt be sacking their managers within 2 months of the start of the season and wont be top 6
    Bolton and Burton are going down Ipswich may join them.
    Sheff Utd and Bristol will struggle but will survive
    QPR Preston Hull Reading Birmingham - mid table
    Sunderland will do OK and will be pushing for top 6
    Cardiff and Brentford hanging around top 6 may not have squads to get in there but hopefully we stay injury free and get in there

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Norwich have adopted the wonderful keep the ball at all costs and pass the ball across your defenders style - YAWN - but effective. Top 6
    Villa look good but have no pace - they will be OK at home not so good away. Wont make play offs.
    Derby are going to be very strong as are Fulham and Wednesday. Top 6
    MBoro should win the league as they have a lot of goals and pace in the team. Champions.
    Wolves and Leeds will no doubt be sacking their managers within 2 months of the start of the season and wont be top 6
    Bolton and Burton are going down Ipswich may join them.
    Sheff Utd and Bristol will struggle but will survive
    QPR Preston Hull Reading Birmingham - mid table
    Sunderland will do OK and will be pushing for top 6
    Cardiff and Brentford hanging around top 6 may not have squads to get in there but hopefully we stay injury free and get in there
    Norwich were joint top scorers with Newcastle and Fulham last season, they aren't that negative.