+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ifollow - I wish I could...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ifollow - I wish I could...

I'm confused (not difficult in the technological arena) - I just looked at ifollow on the club website, and it talks about "live audio commentary" but doesn't mention live video (other than highlights and replays)

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I'm confused (not difficult in the technological arena) - I just looked at ifollow on the club website, and it talks about "live audio commentary" but doesn't mention live video (other than highlights and replays)
    Maybe it doesn't show up for people within the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Maybe it doesn't show up for people within the UK
    As I understand it, that is right........audio option only. I could see both (eventually)

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    As I understand it, that is right........audio option only. I could see both (eventually)

Yes, that's how it is intended, for those living outside the UK. However, something that seems too obviously simple is the use of a VPN, this always crops up in threads about iFollow. Surely though, iFollow executives would have countered this (or the EFL) use of VPNs?

Can someone clarify the point of whether it goes off your IP address or your bank account? As I paid with my UK bank account, couldn't find the match and then read on the iFollow FAQs that you have to use your overseas bank account/address? But if some of you paid with a UK bank account?

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    Can someone clarify the point of whether it goes off your IP address or your bank account? As I paid with my UK bank account, couldn't find the match and then read on the iFollow FAQs that you have to use your overseas bank account/address? But if some of you paid with a UK bank account?

I live overseas, used a UK debit card and billing address. At the very beginning I logged on to the site for registration without using my normal VPN (an absolute must here to overcome the Great Firewall of China!) and thereby if they used any kind of IP reading software, well, it would have of course shown I was in China.
    As for stating on their website that you must have an overseas bank account ... I really don't recall seeing that when I signed up over a month ago - I think they have added that retrospectively, perhaps realising they'd left a loophole?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I live overseas, used a UK debit card and billing address. At the very beginning I logged on to the site for registration without using my normal VPN (an absolute must here to overcome the Great Firewall of China!) and thereby if they used any kind of IP reading software, well, it would have of course shown I was in China.
    As for stating on their website that you must have an overseas bank account ... I really don't recall seeing that when I signed up over a month ago - I think they have added that retrospectively, perhaps realising they'd left a loophole?
    Maybe that's why - I didn't subscribe until 30 minutes before the game started. I just double checked and it definitely states you have to use a local bank account. I emailed them (as they have no contact number) asking them to cancel and refund the subscription so I can buy a new one with my Cypriot bank account - guess I'll have to wait and see what they say.