+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ifollow - I wish I could...

Re: Ifollow - I wish I could...

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Well, as I stated earlier in this thread - I'm up and running with iFollow. I used my UK bank card with a UK billing address. Many expats will have retained a UK bank card.
    Me, as well. It is IP address sensitive.

I watch it through the iFollowCardiffCity website. They did email me a link to a phone app but I haven't taken the time to download that yet.
    As for the Ps4/Chromecast/Apple TV? .... sorry, you're talking to a technaphobe here!
    I used laptop / Chromecast dongle / TV arrangement. Worked okay, but better on laptop. Our connection was down to less than 7mbps, so borderline.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Maybe it doesn't show up for people within the UK
    As I understand it, that is right........audio option only. I could see both (eventually)

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    As I understand it, that is right........audio option only. I could see both (eventually)

Yes, that's how it is intended, for those living outside the UK. However, something that seems too obviously simple is the use of a VPN, this always crops up in threads about iFollow. Surely though, iFollow executives would have countered this (or the EFL) use of VPNs?

Can someone clarify the point of whether it goes off your IP address or your bank account? As I paid with my UK bank account, couldn't find the match and then read on the iFollow FAQs that you have to use your overseas bank account/address? But if some of you paid with a UK bank account?

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    Can someone clarify the point of whether it goes off your IP address or your bank account? As I paid with my UK bank account, couldn't find the match and then read on the iFollow FAQs that you have to use your overseas bank account/address? But if some of you paid with a UK bank account?

I live overseas, used a UK debit card and billing address. At the very beginning I logged on to the site for registration without using my normal VPN (an absolute must here to overcome the Great Firewall of China!) and thereby if they used any kind of IP reading software, well, it would have of course shown I was in China.
    As for stating on their website that you must have an overseas bank account ... I really don't recall seeing that when I signed up over a month ago - I think they have added that retrospectively, perhaps realising they'd left a loophole?

I live overseas, used a UK debit card and billing address. At the very beginning I logged on to the site for registration without using my normal VPN (an absolute must here to overcome the Great Firewall of China!) and thereby if they used any kind of IP reading software, well, it would have of course shown I was in China.
    As for stating on their website that you must have an overseas bank account ... I really don't recall seeing that when I signed up over a month ago - I think they have added that retrospectively, perhaps realising they'd left a loophole?
    Maybe that's why - I didn't subscribe until 30 minutes before the game started. I just double checked and it definitely states you have to use a local bank account. I emailed them (as they have no contact number) asking them to cancel and refund the subscription so I can buy a new one with my Cypriot bank account - guess I'll have to wait and see what they say.

Maybe that's why - I didn't subscribe until 30 minutes before the game started. I just double checked and it definitely states you have to use a local bank account. I emailed them (as they have no contact number) asking them to cancel and refund the subscription so I can buy a new one with my Cypriot bank account - guess I'll have to wait and see what they say.

Oh, that's a bit of a pain in the arse! Mind you, if they took your payment, then I see no reason why you shouldn't have been able to use the service. Surely if entering a UK billing address was a no-no, the transaction shouldn't have been able to go through in the first place? A bit naughty of them to take your payment and THEN tell you you are not eligible to use the service.

Oh, that's a bit of a pain in the arse! Mind you, if they took your payment, then I see no reason why you shouldn't have been able to use the service. Surely if entering a UK billing address was a no-no, the transaction shouldn't have been able to go through in the first place? A bit naughty of them to take your payment and THEN tell you you are not eligible to use the service.
    I think they assumed I wanted to use the service that's available to UK fans (which is what I've ended up with). It's partly my fault for not reading the FAQs thoroughly before I purchased - the reason I didn't think it would be an issue is that I had a month's subscription to Aberdeen's version of iFollow and it couldn't have been more straightforward or simple. As long as they cancel and refund it no harm done.

I don't live in the uk but used my UK bank account and payment address.

As long as you pay for the ~120eur option you should have a live stream available 15 minutes before the match starts

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don't live in the uk but used my UK bank account and payment address.

As long as you pay for the ~120eur option you should have a live stream available 15 minutes before the match starts
    When did you pay for your subscription if you don't mind me asking as others have said it's a recent change?

I bought the 120eur option and there was no option for a stream - only news videos and press conferences.

When did you pay for your subscription if you don't mind me asking as others have said it's a recent change?

I bought the 120eur option and there was no option for a stream - only news videos and press conferences.
    I had trouble finding the link, but if you look back through Saturday's threads on iFollow, you will see that one of our fellow contributors cracked it. If I remember, the link was through fixtures, match centre (not iFollow) and there was the video or audio link at the top of the screen.

I paid a week in advance, you have to click on matches - fixtures then match centre toget the stream

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    I had trouble finding the link, but if you look back through Saturday's threads on iFollow, you will see that one of our fellow contributors cracked it. If I remember, the link was through fixtures, match centre (not iFollow) and there was the video or audio link at the top of the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I paid a week in advance, you have to click on matches - fixtures then match centre toget the stream
    Ahhh I see - now I feel a tit for sitting there sulking on Saturday when if I'd used my brain I could have found the answer here! That said it's obviously not the most user friendly system just yet. Aberdeen's channel was literally a case of selecting "International Subscription" and paying, and the option to watch the match was there clear as day in a huge "click on me" window.

Anyway, cheers for the pointers.

so what do you get when you sign up?

do you get to watch it live?

Update for anyone interested in the iFollow processes:

After 6 days I finally got a rather vague response from Rasal at iFollow Support who simply informed me that he was sorry to see me go (even though I explicitly stated in my original email that it wasn't my intention to leave, just make sure I was paying for the right thing) and that he'd cancelled the renewal on my annual subscription.

No mention of a refund, and the second part of the email didn't really seem to make sense - after some digging into the terms and conditions you are NOT entitled to a refund and the 14-day "cooling off period" does not apply - you agree to this when you subscribe. Subscriptions are also automatically renewed at the end of the season unless you cancel it yourself.

So as far as I am aware I am paying for the right thing, I just couldn't find it (I pointed out their UI is awful and not clear at all) - I will find out tomorrow with the Villa game.

The UI wasn't clear to access the live match, but if you click on the main "Matches" link at the top of the website it should take you to the page for the match where you can access the video link.

For those asking, the last pre-season match did have the audio commentary as will as video. However, first league match only had the video so I had to listen to the audio separately.

For me the quality has been great for both matches, there is a settings button in bottom right corner where you can change the quality to 720HD, by default it is set t auto detect but I found I had to manually change that to get better quality.