+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ifollow - I wish I could...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ifollow - I wish I could...

Mine was awful crystal clear at times but mostly fuzzy at best.

Continual frozen screen for 2-5 seconds every 2-5 seconds.

It was also weird - no commentary (that I could detect anyway), no clock to keep track of time, nothing to tell you the score if you went for a cuppa, no replay except via a '10 seconds back' button which didn't help much given the stream quality mentioned above.

Once again, can only get better.

Re: Ifollow - I wish I could...

I think at 2 pound a game you aren't going to get the best of the best.

I expected a slightly better picture though. I think you can play the commentary in a separate window but I;m not sure if it'll be in sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think at 2 pound a game you aren't going to get the best of the best.

I expected a slightly better picture though. I think you can play the commentary in a separate window but I;m not sure if it'll be in sync.
    I seemed to have a choice of commentary or vision. Oddly though, I could hear the crowd fine!

My picture was HD sharp, but did get some minor buffering. I restarted the router and that helped a lot.

...and I logged out of everything else, to give the stream as much bandwidth as possible.

Thanks, I'll try harder next time

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Thanks, I'll try harder next time
    Get herself down the county mate , everyone will be much happier .

Watched the first half on my phone in Spain before heading off to the beach with the family.

Picture was crystal clear for me on 4G, was strange listening to just the crowd, but suppose they have synchronisation issues between audio and video streams as both are separate so they opt not to mix the two for now.

That's fine I can live with that, but a scoreboard and time wouldn't go a miss.

Well I'm in Spain as well. No picture or sound. Maybe have something to do with thinking cc player was still working. Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Mine was awful crystal clear at times but mostly fuzzy at best.

Continual frozen screen for 2-5 seconds every 2-5 seconds.

It was also weird - no commentary (that I could detect anyway), no clock to keep track of time, nothing to tell you the score if you went for a cuppa, no replay except via a '10 seconds back' button which didn't help much given the stream quality mentioned above.

Once again, can only get better.

I think you're asking a bit too much with regards to replays.

Here in China my Internet is ridiculously slow, therefore, I had already made the decision to watch the full recorded game today (Sunday) instead, to avoid any buffering problems. The picture was good and I enjoyed the commentary too. Very pleased with it all in all, not least the late winner!
    My only gripe with it was the opening screenshot on the recorded video - it showed Zahore celebrating scoring with Burton players clearly in view, so as the game wore on you were just wondering when the goal was going to come not if.

Did anyone try this yesterday with a vpn from uk?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Did anyone try this yesterday with a vpn from uk?
    Tried running it through TOR but that didn't work. A vpn should do the trick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dai View Post
    Tried running it through TOR but that didn't work. A vpn should do the trick though.
    I was wondering if they will be able to tell your location from your bank details rather than what server you use to access ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I was wondering if they will be able to tell your location from your bank details rather than what server you use to access ?
    Wouldn't have thought so, after all I could be abroad and trying to use it but would still have used my UK bank details.

Quote Originally Posted by Dai View Post
    Wouldn't have thought so, after all I could be abroad and trying to use it but would still have used my UK bank details.

Well, as I stated earlier in this thread - I'm up and running with iFollow. I used my UK bank card with a UK billing address. Many expats will have retained a UK bank card.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Well, as I stated earlier in this thread - I'm up and running with iFollow. I used my UK bank card with a UK billing address. Many expats will have retained a UK bank card.
    Wait, is this an app which I can use to watch all City games??

Does it work on the PS4/Chromecast/Apple TV or is it only small screen stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    Wait, is this an app which I can use to watch all City games??

Does it work on the PS4/Chromecast/Apple TV or is it only small screen stuff?

I watch it through the iFollowCardiffCity website. They did email me a link to a phone app but I haven't taken the time to download that yet.
    As for the Ps4/Chromecast/Apple TV? .... sorry, you're talking to a technaphobe here!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Me, as well. It is IP address sensitive.

I'm confused (not difficult in the technological arena) - I just looked at ifollow on the club website, and it talks about "live audio commentary" but doesn't mention live video (other than highlights and replays)

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I'm confused (not difficult in the technological arena) - I just looked at ifollow on the club website, and it talks about "live audio commentary" but doesn't mention live video (other than highlights and replays)
    Maybe it doesn't show up for people within the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Maybe it doesn't show up for people within the UK
    As I understand it, that is right........audio option only. I could see both (eventually)

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    As I understand it, that is right........audio option only. I could see both (eventually)

Yes, that's how it is intended, for those living outside the UK. However, something that seems too obviously simple is the use of a VPN, this always crops up in threads about iFollow. Surely though, iFollow executives would have countered this (or the EFL) use of VPNs?

Can someone clarify the point of whether it goes off your IP address or your bank account? As I paid with my UK bank account, couldn't find the match and then read on the iFollow FAQs that you have to use your overseas bank account/address? But if some of you paid with a UK bank account?

I don't live in the uk but used my UK bank account and payment address.

As long as you pay for the ~120eur option you should have a live stream available 15 minutes before the match starts

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don't live in the uk but used my UK bank account and payment address.

As long as you pay for the ~120eur option you should have a live stream available 15 minutes before the match starts
    When did you pay for your subscription if you don't mind me asking as others have said it's a recent change?

I bought the 120eur option and there was no option for a stream - only news videos and press conferences.