+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ifollow - I wish I could...

Ifollow - I wish I could...

Mine was awful crystal clear at times but mostly fuzzy at best.

Continual frozen screen for 2-5 seconds every 2-5 seconds.

It was also weird - no commentary (that I could detect anyway), no clock to keep track of time, nothing to tell you the score if you went for a cuppa, no replay except via a '10 seconds back' button which didn't help much given the stream quality mentioned above.

Once again, can only get better.

Re: Ifollow - I wish I could...

I think at 2 pound a game you aren't going to get the best of the best.

I expected a slightly better picture though. I think you can play the commentary in a separate window but I;m not sure if it'll be in sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think at 2 pound a game you aren't going to get the best of the best.

I expected a slightly better picture though. I think you can play the commentary in a separate window but I;m not sure if it'll be in sync.
    I seemed to have a choice of commentary or vision. Oddly though, I could hear the crowd fine!

My picture was HD sharp, but did get some minor buffering. I restarted the router and that helped a lot.

...and I logged out of everything else, to give the stream as much bandwidth as possible.

Thanks, I'll try harder next time

Watched the first half on my phone in Spain before heading off to the beach with the family.

Picture was crystal clear for me on 4G, was strange listening to just the crowd, but suppose they have synchronisation issues between audio and video streams as both are separate so they opt not to mix the two for now.

That's fine I can live with that, but a scoreboard and time wouldn't go a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Thanks, I'll try harder next time
    Get herself down the county mate , everyone will be much happier .

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Mine was awful crystal clear at times but mostly fuzzy at best.

Continual frozen screen for 2-5 seconds every 2-5 seconds.

It was also weird - no commentary (that I could detect anyway), no clock to keep track of time, nothing to tell you the score if you went for a cuppa, no replay except via a '10 seconds back' button which didn't help much given the stream quality mentioned above.

Once again, can only get better.

I think you're asking a bit too much with regards to replays.

Here in China my Internet is ridiculously slow, therefore, I had already made the decision to watch the full recorded game today (Sunday) instead, to avoid any buffering problems. The picture was good and I enjoyed the commentary too. Very pleased with it all in all, not least the late winner!
    My only gripe with it was the opening screenshot on the recorded video - it showed Zahore celebrating scoring with Burton players clearly in view, so as the game wore on you were just wondering when the goal was going to come not if.

Did anyone try this yesterday with a vpn from uk?

Well I'm in Spain as well. No picture or sound. Maybe have something to do with thinking cc player was still working. Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Did anyone try this yesterday with a vpn from uk?
    Tried running it through TOR but that didn't work. A vpn should do the trick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dai View Post
    Tried running it through TOR but that didn't work. A vpn should do the trick though.
    I was wondering if they will be able to tell your location from your bank details rather than what server you use to access ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I was wondering if they will be able to tell your location from your bank details rather than what server you use to access ?
    Wouldn't have thought so, after all I could be abroad and trying to use it but would still have used my UK bank details.

Quote Originally Posted by Dai View Post
    Wouldn't have thought so, after all I could be abroad and trying to use it but would still have used my UK bank details.

Well, as I stated earlier in this thread - I'm up and running with iFollow. I used my UK bank card with a UK billing address. Many expats will have retained a UK bank card.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Well, as I stated earlier in this thread - I'm up and running with iFollow. I used my UK bank card with a UK billing address. Many expats will have retained a UK bank card.
    Wait, is this an app which I can use to watch all City games??

Does it work on the PS4/Chromecast/Apple TV or is it only small screen stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    Wait, is this an app which I can use to watch all City games??

Does it work on the PS4/Chromecast/Apple TV or is it only small screen stuff?

I watch it through the iFollowCardiffCity website. They did email me a link to a phone app but I haven't taken the time to download that yet.
    As for the Ps4/Chromecast/Apple TV? .... sorry, you're talking to a technaphobe here!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I watch it through the iFollowCardiffCity website. They did email me a link to a phone app but I haven't taken the time to download that yet.
    As for the Ps4/Chromecast/Apple TV? .... sorry, you're talking to a technaphobe here!
    Ah that's good, so if it on the website it means all those things work :).

I never go to the official site so I didn't hear about this.

Appreciate the response!

Just one question....are all games live on this or is it just highlights? I live overseas.

Ah that's good, so if it on the website it means all those things work :).

I never go to the official site so I didn't hear about this.

Appreciate the response!

Just one question....are all games live on this or is it just highlights? I live overseas.

Every single Championship game that the City play this season, home & away will be shown live and the game will then be shown the following day in its entirety as a recording. Cup games are not covered though.

Was going to edit, but will reply. YES! It streams the games!

Awesome!

Was going to edit, but will reply. YES! It streams the games!

Awesome!
    It certainly is awesome, and it's what us expats have been crying out for but never thought we'd be so lucky!

Does anyone know if we are actually MEANT to be able to hear commentary when watching the video stream?

I've heard lots of people saying they couldn't. And I couldn't get the two to synchronise when running in seperate tabs, but I am only basing this on the assumption that the video stream should have commentary as standard.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ashi83 View Post
    Does anyone know if we are actually MEANT to be able to hear commentary when watching the video stream?

I've heard lots of people saying they couldn't. And I couldn't get the two to synchronise when running in seperate tabs, but I am only basing this on the assumption that the video stream should have commentary as standard.

Thoughts?
    I'm not sure if I'm able to answer your question. However, when I watched the full 90 minutes recording on Sunday, the commentary was perfectly synchronised, it was not dubbed over as you could also hear the crowd. So, it would seem that they had set up a commentary duo at the stadium to synchronise with the video. I can't comment if it was successful during the live stream or not but it certainly worked well on the recording I viewed.

I'm confused (not difficult in the technological arena) - I just looked at ifollow on the club website, and it talks about "live audio commentary" but doesn't mention live video (other than highlights and replays)

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I'm confused (not difficult in the technological arena) - I just looked at ifollow on the club website, and it talks about "live audio commentary" but doesn't mention live video (other than highlights and replays)
    Maybe it doesn't show up for people within the UK