Etheridge 6 - nothing to do but a little indecisive under high ball
    Peltier 6 nothing to do at the back good coming forward
    Bennett 5 same as Peltier but quieter
    Manga 5 probably didn't need 3 at the back today
    Morrison 6 dependable
    Bamba 7 very controlled today I thought
    Ralls 6 - would have liked to see him create more
    Gunnarson 8 - bossed the middle
    Hoilett 5 - was most disappointed in him - gave away possession too often and his final decision making was poor throughout
    Tomlin 6 - ok but didn't meet my expectations so maybe 6 is a bit harsh
    Zohore 7 - beautiful finish but had other chances he should have taken. Great work ethic though

Mendez-Laing - 8 really impressed great energy and no shortage of skill. Linked up great with Zohore. Should start next time
    Damour - 7 solid and effective. Might do really well alongside Gunnarson
    Ward - didn't get long enough but liked his energy and movement from what I saw. Would have liked him to have got 20 mins longer instead of Hoillet
    Last edited by StraightOuttaCanton; 05-08-17 at 16:47. Reason: Typo

Re: Player Ratings Today

I agree with most of those.

Would give Bennett a 6 and Mendez-Laing a 7

I was disappointed by Tomlin. He showed glimpses and was pumped up, but we were so much better with Damour in his place.

Mendez-Laing had some great touches, combined with power and pace, but that shot blasted into Row Z (actually Row F as this was Burton) showed how his last touch is often wayward.

Sol Bamba had his angry man head on - but kept it controlled. Gunnar was excellent.

The thing that struck me most was how much Gunnar, Zohore and Damour were enjoying themselves out there - they were grinning loke loons a lot of the time.

Good win.

Loke loons lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Loke loons lol
    He shud of loked em out. I wud o f loked em out

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I agree with most of those.

Would give Bennett a 6 and Mendez-Laing a 7

I was disappointed by Tomlin. He showed glimpses and was pumped up, but we were so much better with Damour in his place.

Mendez-Laing had some great touches, combined with power and pace, but that shot blasted into Row Z (actually Row F as this was Burton) showed how his last touch is often wayward.

Sol Bamba had his angry man head on - but kept it controlled. Gunnar was excellent.

The thing that struck me most was how much Gunnar, Zohore and Damour were enjoying themselves out there - they were grinning loke loons a lot of the time.

Good win.
    Mendez was a 9 he changed the game .
    Tomlin didn't find his feet today , we will see more of him as the season develops .
    Gunnar is like a new man , unrecognisable in footballing ability and physical appearance these days to the guy who played under Slade

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Mendez was a 9 he changed the game .
    Tomlin didn't find his feet today , we will see more of him as the season develops .
    Gunnar is like a new man , unrecognisable in footballing ability and physical appearance these days to the guy who played under Slade
    I may disagree about the score but I do loke Mendez-Laing. Game changer, as you say.