Richards
    Damour
    Halford
    Pilkington
    Mendez Laing
    Kennedy
    Ward

Re: Team for next game

I hope Murphy plays v Pompey as I think he may well prove to be our better option this season.

I think Connolly is injured so won't play, but otherwise I think JR's team might well be close to the one that starts. Really look forward to seeing Damour and NM-L. For some reason I'm more excited about these two than Tomlin or Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I hope Murphy plays v Pompey as I think he may well prove to be our better option this season.

I think Connolly is injured so won't play, but otherwise I think JR's team might well be close to the one that starts. Really look forward to seeing Damour and NM-L. For some reason I'm more excited about these two than Tomlin or Ward.
    Didn't realise Conolly was injured. Perhaps Halford will play centre half then and Harris in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Didn't realise Conolly was injured. Perhaps Halford will play centre half then and Harris in midfield.
    Mark Harris I presume as Kads is injured?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Mark Harris I presume as Kads is injured?
    Yes. I wouldn't play Kads in midfield.

Yes. I wouldn't play Kads in midfield.
    Wide midfield, he could ;)

We'd be fairly lightweight in midfield in that instance - Mark Harris is more of a "number 10 / attacking midfield off front man" type.

Could go 4-1-4-1 in a full on BANZAI approach.

EDIT:

I'd go same line up as you but rather than starting Mark Harris, I'd start Stuart O'Keefe alongside Damour. Puts him in the shop window.

Given Damour and Mendez-Laing seemed to impress today by all accounts, doubt they;d play the full match ahead of Villa.

Warnock did alude to playing o Keefe in the cup which shows how light we are in that area

Risky though if he gets injured as Warnock clearly wants him off the books

Risky of any first teamers/first team benchers to play tbh.

I'd love to know why Warnock is so down on O'Keefe. Tough tackler, keeps things simple - seems to me the kind of player he'd want tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Risky of any first teamers/first team benchers to play tbh.

I'd love to know why Warnock is so down on O'Keefe. Tough tackler, keeps things simple - seems to me the kind of player he'd want tbh.
    He's shit.

He's shit.
    But a million times better than you'll ever be when it comes to football.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I have seen the lad deliver some good hard-working committed performance, maybe it's a bit of history from their Palace days ?

Or perhaps with Gunnerson, Ralls and O'keefe its a simple case of 2 into 3 dont go .

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

Warnock said in his post match interview that Murphy will play on Tuesday and he gave a heavy hint about Mendez-Laing starting as well, while the possibility of O'Keefe and Kennedy (who Warnock says is above Noone in the pecking order now) being in the team was also discussed by our manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I highly doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I have seen the lad deliver some good hard-working committed performance, maybe it's a bit of history from their Palace days ?

Or perhaps with Gunnerson, Ralls and O'keefe its a simple case of 2 into 3 dont go .
    There is history from Palace apparently-I agree about O'Keefe tidy player but clearly on his way.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Warnock said in his post match interview that Murphy will play on Tuesday and he gave a heavy hint about Mendez-Laing starting as well, while the possibility of O'Keefe and Kennedy (who Warnock says is above Noone in the pecking order now) being in the team was also discussed by our manager.
    I'm pleased about that. It's time for Noone to move on. I thought Preston might have come in for him having lost Aiden McGeady and with Alex Neil their new manager who was apparently tracking Noone while at Norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    There is history from Palace apparently-I agree about O'Keefe tidy player but clearly on his way.
    I'd start with all the subs from yesterday against Portsmouth, plus O'keefe, Kennedy, Declan John and Manga

Murphy

Richards
    Halford
    Manga
    John

Kennedy
    Damour
    O'keefe
    Mendez Laing

Pilkington
    Ward

This gives everyone (who isn't injured and likely to feature for us) game time to impress Warnock and also allows the likes of Pilkington, Noone, John and O'keefe etc the opportunity to show what they can do for any team watching them for this transfer window

I'd like to see Cameron Coxe get a game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd like to see Cameron Coxe get a game.
    I reckon he will get a game mate.