+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: City pass their first test as Zohore and Warnock makes the difference.

International

Re: City pass their first test as Zohore and Warnock makes the difference.

CCFCPhil = glass permanently half empty!!

What I took from the game is that Ralls unfortunately isn't the answer in midfield and there's definitely space for a left footed midfielder (perhaps a free agent? ) in the middle, hopefully Ralls will improve though

Hoilett was quite frustrating yesterday, he was out-muscled way too easily but hopefully he can work on that in the coming weeks

All in all a solid, if unspectacular, away performance where our subs, especially Damour and Mendez-Laing changed the game, Burton was a banana skin and a win here has given us a solid platform to build off

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    It was a good performance. It wasn't a promotion type performance. That's what people here are talking about, I saw nothing in the game yesterday that said promotion. Did you?
    Yes, Yes, Yes. We won for gods sake. Last year we lost 2-0 at the same ground and only had 8 points on the board after 11 games. They are a difficult team to beat and only lost 4 of their last 10 games last season. If you think the season is over already, whats the point ?. I would say that your glass is 9/10ths empty and with a bit of luck you will drink the rest soon and pack in posting on here and going to watch games (if you do).

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Remember that first game we played in red back in 2012 when we scraped a 1-0 win over a Huddersfield side that had come up through the Play Offs thanks to a very late Mark Hudson goal? We were poor that night and could,and maybe should, have lost the game, yet we ended up winning the league that year.

I'm not saying we're going to win the Championship this year (in fact, I don't feel we've got enough at the moment to finish in the top six), but I'd be interested to know how you define a "promotion type performance"? Is it one where the opposition are buried under wave after wave of silky and spectacular attacking play or is it a hard fought and dour beating of a highly rated rival? If it it's the first, then no one in the league has managed a performance like that so far and if it's the second we haven't had the chance to win a game like that yet - we got the job done yesterday against limited, but awkward, opponents, that will do me fine for starters.
    There are big differences. Huddersfield were at full strength. The game had an odd atmosphere, and Cardiff were actively looking to strengthen,

Burton were not at full strength, we got behind the team and I am still hoarse from the combination of supporting the team and the onset of a sore throat.

You mention promotion in your article, others in this thread are too. Was yesterday good? Yes. But, if we are going to put it on the context of a promotion challenge, then we need to be more critical. Is that fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Is there a thread left on here that you haven't moaned in yet?

Nobody is catagorically suggesting based on one slim victory that we are going up as champions.
    No, but some are talking of promotion. Put yesterday into the context of a promotion challenge, season and we are some way off. I spent the best part of a hundred quid on yesterday, I have a right to an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    If you open dialogue with him Bob he will dilute a good thread.
    If Bob posted the article purely to get a "good article Bob" then I am sorry I hijacked his thread. If he's hoping to open debate then maybe I have not diluted it?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Yes, Yes, Yes. We won for gods sake. Last year we lost 2-0 at the same ground and only had 8 points on the board after 11 games. They are a difficult team to beat and only lost 4 of their last 10 games last season. If you think the season is over already, whats the point ?. I would say that your glass is 9/10ths empty and with a bit of luck you will drink the rest soon and pack in posting on here and going to watch games (if you do).
    I didn't say the season is over did I? I hoped all opinions would be welcome, but they are not so I will stop posting. Over to the jokers to talk about crisps and birds.

Of course, we have improved since Trollope's days. But, Burton were not as good as last season and were missing some players including their record signing. We were at full strength. Warnock talks about options from the bench, but some of those bench players will be first team players in a few weeks.

We were average against a below average team yesterday. Promotion is not on the cards. I am expecting a silly offer for Zohore in a few weeks that the club cannot refuse. He took his goal so well, and is one of the best finishers I have seen in this division.

We were not at full strength as I am confident that Camp, Paterson & Harris would all have had a very good chance of starting the game if fit.

There are big differences. Huddersfield were at full strength. The game had an odd atmosphere, and Cardiff were actively looking to strengthen,

Burton were not at full strength, we got behind the team and I am still hoarse from the combination of supporting the team and the onset of a sore throat.

You mention promotion in your article, others in this thread are too. Was yesterday good? Yes. But, if we are going to put it on the context of a promotion challenge, then we need to be more critical. Is that fair?

No, but some are talking of promotion. Put yesterday into the context of a promotion challenge, season and we are some way off. I spent the best part of a hundred quid on yesterday, I have a right to an opinion.

If Bob posted the article purely to get a "good article Bob" then I am sorry I hijacked his thread. If he's hoping to open debate then maybe I have not diluted it?

I didn't say the season is over did I? I hoped all opinions would be welcome, but they are not so I will stop posting. Over to the jokers to talk about crisps and birds.
    I do think all opinions are welcome and I don't think you should let people with different views put you off posting, as you present your views in an articulate and reasoned manner.

I just think people wanted to enjoy the positive start and your postings have come over as unnecessarily negative. Perhaps it would have been good to try and balance your understandable pessimism when following City with a view on what you did find positive and encouraging (if anything)? I fully understand your concern about allowing yourself to hope...

Promotion is not on the cards.
    If we accumulate enough points it will be.

We got 3 yesterday. Excellent start regardless of opposition and performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I do think all opinions are welcome and I don't think you should let people with different views put you off posting, as you present your views in an articulate and reasoned manner.

I just think people wanted to enjoy the positive start and your postings have come over as unnecessarily negative. Perhaps it would have been good to try and balance your understandable pessimism when following City with a view on what you did find positive and encouraging (if anything)? I fully understand your concern about allowing yourself to hope...

He may be ariticulate but it's the same old shit off certain posters looking for bites. It's pathetic

Don't be fooled by the flounce he will just carry on posting on his other accounts

He may be ariticulate but it's the same old shit off certain posters looking for bites. It's pathetic
    He may be looking for bites but at least he's posting his view on a match that he attended. If he wants to look at the world through a different lens to the rest of us then that's his business. There are loads of pessimistic City fans so he probably represents quite a group of people!

Given how much other non-footy stuff gets posted on here I don't see his contributions as being a problem at all to me. If he wants to be miserable that's his issue, not mine, and won't stop me enjoying the feel good factor this year for as long as I can.

He may be looking for bites but at least he's posting his view on a match that he attended. If he wants to look at the world through a different lens to the rest of us then that's his business. There are loads of pessimistic City fans so he probably represents quite a group of people!

Given how much other non-footy stuff gets posted on here I don't see his contributions as being a problem at all to me. If he wants to be miserable that's his issue, not mine, and won't stop me enjoying the feel good factor this year for as long as I can.
    Beautifully put 👍

Fair enough.
    It's never about money though. Not at our 'non-plastic' level.
    You spent that on the experience that goes along with your chosen hobby/interest/love/life-calling.
    You surely didn't buy yourself the outcome you wanted - nether the result, nor performance.
    First game of the season too
    Perhaps there a queue of people forming somewhere in London, seeking refunds because they had not really gone to see Athletics, they had gone to see Usain Bolt win. 'What a swizz'!

He says he attended

I am looking forward to Jimmy the Jock's analysis.
    He knows what he's talking about.

He says he attended
    If he didn't go to a match that he claimed to have attended then he's got more problems than just being pessimistic. However I have no reason to believe he didn't attend and just find it easier to take what he says at face value.

If he's a genuine supporter then I want to hear what he thinks on here as it all adds to a debate and views of the team. It's not likely to be much of a discussion if we all agree on everything.

If he didn't go to a match that he claimed to have attended then he's got more problems than just being pessimistic. However I have no reason to believe he didn't attend and just find it easier to take what he says at face value.

If he's a genuine supporter then I want to hear what he thinks on here as it all adds to a debate and views of the team. It's not likely to be much of a discussion if we all agree on everything.
    I agree with what you're saying, however i have learned over the years that there are some strange creatures that frequent Cardiff forums, barnett, jersey, roathy, jirga, tandy to name a few so i think i have the right to be sceptical.

I don't know if everyone is aware but the comment section below Bob's blogs are always worth a read too.

Just like our team an organised effort, and a great start to the season Bob! Btw, not sure where you sourced the picture from in your report, but thanks, it shows me a tad excited at our winner!!

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Just like our team an organised effort, and a great start to the season Bob! Btw, not sure where you sourced the picture from in your report, but thanks, it shows me a tad excited at our winner!!
    Not sure what site I got it off now - I think I just Googled "Burton 0 Cardiff 1", went into pictures and was pleased to see a good photo without someone's copyright plastered all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not sure what site I got it off now - I think I just Googled "Burton 0 Cardiff 1", went into pictures and was pleased to see a good photo without someone's copyright plastered all over it.
    I'm in there too, can I sue for image rights?