+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gatlin, has he served his time ?

Gatlin, has he served his time ?

I was out last night and forgot about the 100 mts, catching up this morning and seeing the reception that Gatlin got, i'm undecided about this one, i think that, what was far more telling is that, it's a 35 year old that has managed to beat Usain to the title and not a 25 year old. I would have liked to have seen UB win, and retire with the win.

Re: Gatlin, has he served his time ?

Let me think 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Twice drugs cheat 😨😨😨😨

Nope life ban ,crap sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I was out last night and forgot about the 100 mts, catching up this morning and seeing the reception that Gatlin got, i'm undecided about this one, i think that, what was far more telling is that, it's a 35 year old that has managed to beat Usain to the title and not a 25 year old. I would have liked to have seen UB win, and retire with the win.
    It would have been great if Bolt had won but he also lost to a 21 year old so it was not quite good guy/bad guy. Agree the Gatlin thing leaves you a bit cold. In a sport in danger of dying because of drug induced nationalism and greed he did not deserve a third chance. He has a point that he came back five or six years ago and only now has he become the pantomine villain in terms of the level of booing.

There was a BBC article in which it describes the scientific idea that drugs cheats continue to benefit after they stop taking drugs. Anyone banned twice should come closer to never racing again than being forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    There was a BBC article in which it describes the scientific idea that drugs cheats continue to benefit after they stop taking drugs. Anyone banned twice should come closer to never racing again than being forgiven.
    Yep and that explains why a man did was considred impossible by winning a world title 100 meters which is a very high performance event eight years after his first , normally bodily impossible ,enhanced through the years who knows, probably able to fly to the moon as well .

All a joke , the sport is riddled with cheating up there with cycling, not with watching as its not real.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yep and that explains why a man did was considred impossible by winning a world title 100 meters which is a very high performance event eight years after his first , normally bodily impossible ,enhanced through the years who knows, probably able to fly to the moon as well .

All a joke , the sport is riddled with cheating up there with cycling, not with watching as its not real.
    12 years after his first.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    12 years after his first.
    Even worse then.

Maybe in a couple of years time it will emerge that this was his third offence?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Let me think ����������

Twice drugs cheat ��������

Nope life ban ,crap sport.
    Correct.

'Gatlin’s first drugs ban in 2001 was halved from two years following an appeal that a positive test had been due to medication he had been taking since childhood, when he was diagnosed with attention deficit disorder.'

I was there and people's reaction to Gatlin was bordering on fanatical, like a rabid mob. Evidenced by the fact that when Coleman wandered over with his flag he got a torrent of abuse and booing because they thought he was Gatlin.

Whilst I will never have the time of day for Gatlin, I was a little concerned about the booing when he won as I thought it reflected poorly on us as a country. not sure what to have done instead but I do know that nothing that man ever does will count as legitimate for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Whilst I will never have the time of day for Gatlin, I was a little concerned about the booing when he won as I thought it reflected poorly on us as a country. not sure what to have done instead but I do know that nothing that man ever does will count as legitimate for me.
    As has been said several times on the media today the medal ceremony should comprise of cheering for Bolt and Coleman followed by utter silence for Gatlin, rather than booing.

He has maybe served his time for the original offence but there really should never have been a further chance given to him after the second transgression. Very weak on the part of the sports governing body.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/29510575

I only saw the medal ceremony from distance thus didn't hear the booing mentioned, what I did see was a very magnanimous Usain Bolt clapping Gatlin, the former world champion seemingly forgiving Gatlin, unlike the CCMB armchair brigade.

As far as I am concerned athletics would be honester if everyone took whatever drugs they liked to make them run faster.

Gatlin is a 'caught' drugs cheat and thus IMHO shouldn't be allowed near the sport. The problem is that the rules and regulations allow him to be.

I find it amusing that some who are distraught about Gatlin winning are not as vocal in asking Mo Farah to clarify if Salazar ever filled him full of junk.

Watched this yesterday - incredible.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...dal/523785001/

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    As far as I am concerned athletics would be honester if everyone took whatever drugs they liked to make them run faster.
    So the same as it is now then?

I was happy Gatlin beat Bolt only for the sycophantic commentary team slabbering over Bolt at every opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Gatlin is a 'caught' drugs cheat and thus IMHO shouldn't be allowed near the sport. The problem is that the rules and regulations allow him to be.

I find it amusing that some who are distraught about Gatlin winning are not as vocal in asking Mo Farah to clarify if Salazar ever filled him full of junk.

The fact is that until he was 27 Mo Farah never got anywhere near being the best in the world and was miles away from the best African runners.

Then in 2011, at the age of 27, he linked up with Salazar.

Within 12 months he was winning Gold medals.

Six years later, he's won everything and smashed everyone else off the track.

Some may say that's a little bit suspicious.

Of course nothing has been proven but I wonder what the general consensus would be if Mo Farah was Russian or Chinese?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    The fact is that until he was 27 Mo Farah never got anywhere near being the best in the world and was miles away from the best African runners.
    Of course nothing has been proven but I wonder what the general consensus would be if Mo Farah was Russian or Chinese?
    Are you not aware of the amazing properties of Quorn?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Are you not aware of the amazing properties of Quorn?
    Fair point.

I might pop out and buy some right now in time for Tokyo 2020.

I can't be arsed with all that boring long distance rubbish though.

Think I'll give the shot putt a go - that looks easy.

Technically yes
    Morally no

Even better, Usain Bolt is clearly the only clean Jamaican athlete given the incredibly high (pun intended) number of Jamaican athletes found to have failed drug tests within the last decade.

The reality is, not failing a drugs test doesn't make an athlete clean. Look at cycling - David Millar was only caught when he left a bottle behind in a hotel bedroom!

The CCMB usual suspects, bully boy squad would have been out in force. however Mo's a saint, allegedly.