+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Yeovil refund for fans

Yeovil refund for fans

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40843861

I think this is nonsense - you pay your money, you take your chances. What happens if they win the next game 8-2? Will the fans have to refund the refund or pay a bonus as they leave the ground? Mind you, I went to Preston for the 0-6 in 2009 so if there are any retrospective rebates going I wouldn't say no.

Re: Yeovil refund for fans

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40843861

I think this is nonsense - you pay your money, you take your chances. What happens if they win the next game 8-2? Will the fans have to refund the refund or pay a bonus as they leave the ground? Mind you, I went to Preston for the 0-6 in 2009 so if there are any retrospective rebates going I wouldn't say no.
    I was thinking about this today. In most other industries if you are not satisfied you can claim a refund. But as you say you pay your money and take your chances. Sport is different from say IKEA, if you are not happy with a shoddy sideboard you can get your money back.

If you choose to pay for an away trip and the team are terrible and lose heavily then it's tough shit. You know the risk before you buy the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I was thinking about this today. In most other industries if you are not satisfied you can claim a refund. But as you say you pay your money and take your chances. Sport is different from say IKEA, if you are not happy with a shoddy sideboard you can get your money back.

If you choose to pay for an away trip and the team are terrible and lose heavily then it's tough shit. You know the risk before you buy the ticket.
    Whilst I totally agree with this and no Yeovil supporter should expect a refund it is a very good gesture by the club.

It's just a goodwill gesture. Nothing to get too worked up about.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's just a goodwill gesture. Nothing to get too worked up about.
    Fair enough, but as the piece suggests, this has happened a few times now. So it's a nice gesture but perhaps misses the point? There's a perverse sense of 'I was there' for a result like this.

Let's not forget that the price of football continues to rise every season, so if goodwill gestures are given out to 200 or so travelling away fans for an absolute humiliation then let them. What's the difference between this and a club paying for a bus journey to an away game?

The only refund I've ever had from the City was when about 30 of us went to Hartlepool on a wet Tuesday night and the game was called off,they paid for our transport when the game was eventually played about three weeks later,I think we won 3-2.

I think Steve Borley was behind the gesture

You were there weren't you Tony?

Could be a bad mistake if they get thumped every game!