+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stand Up & Be Counted

Stand Up & Be Counted

Not going very well for City, currently languishing in mid-table behind AFC Wimbledon and Rotherham and just ahead of Bury and York.

https://www.representyourclub.com/

Re: Stand Up & Be Counted

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Not going very well for City, currently languishing in mid-table behind AFC Wimbledon and Rotherham and just ahead of Bury and York.

https://www.representyourclub.com/
    They want my full name, email, home address and date of birth and in return I get to tell them what club I support?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    They want my full name, email, home address and date of birth and in return I get to tell them what club I support?
    Erm, yes.

Hardly surprising that Leeds top the Championship table.

Feck dat,I get enough spam as it is.

Hmm. So the tangible benefit is, errm, seeing your club's relative popularity, something people on certain websites would love to brag about whilst allowing numerous companies to have your personal details and thus spam the crap out of you.

https://www.representyourclub.com/privacy-policy

That sounds like a great deal...

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Hmm. So the tangible benefit is, errm, seeing your club's relative popularity, something people on certain websites would love to brag about whilst allowing numerous companies to have your personal details and thus spam the crap out of you.

https://www.representyourclub.com/privacy-policy

That sounds like a great deal...
    Unless you Opt Out via the Privacy Notice, yes I presume.

Unless you Opt Out via the Privacy Notice, yes I presume.
    You mean the option that is really, really not prominent? There's a reason the "view privacy notice" is in a smaller font size. Mostly because the low lying fruit that site is aiming at are the kind of people who never choose to "view privacy notice". Data may be sent outside EEA? Eh, forget that.

So you get spammed, but it's ok, you can click "unsubscribe" in the spammy email. Which then confirms that email address is a live one...

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Hardly surprising that Leeds top the Championship table.
    But Leeds have an incredible number of members named D Duck

You mean the option that is really, really not prominent? There's a reason the "view privacy notice" is in a smaller font size. Mostly because the low lying fruit that site is aiming at are the kind of people who never choose to "view privacy notice". Data may be sent outside EEA? Eh, forget that.

So you get spammed, but it's ok, you can click "unsubscribe" in the spammy email. Which then confirms that email address is a live one...
    That link is not what I was referring to. Privacy options I believe have to be presented during registration. But yes, no doubt many people don't consider them.

What is the point in this?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Collect a database of football fans on the cheap that you can sell on to "partners" who can then develop tailored marketing campaigns aimed at the distribution list.

Allegedly.

That link is not what I was referring to. Privacy options I believe have to be presented during registration. But yes, no doubt many people don't consider them.
    That's what sites rely on. It's the same for any software licensing. Who read the T&Cs?

Checkboxes on registration are always obfuscated to try to get the person to agree ( or not disagree ). "Uncheck the checked box if you don't want your details not to be passed on"...

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I think it's to get the Colonel's home address so they can go round and give him a slap for grassing.

That's what sites rely on. It's the same for any software licensing. Who read the T&Cs?

Checkboxes on registration are always obfuscated to try to get the person to agree ( or not disagree ). "Uncheck the checked box if you don't want your details not to be passed on"...
    They actually aren't in this case if you take a look.

Anyway this thread has gone really well. It was just something I came across.

Please don't give up your Privacy for what has been pointed out to me is actually a pointless, cock-waving exercise.

Helps Id people with 1927 as pin.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Feck dat,I get enough spam as it is.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I think it's to get the Colonel's home address so they can go round and give him a slap for grassing.
    Fatty
    Land of North.
    Cardiff.

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Fatty
    Land of North.
    Cardiff.

You're welcome.
    Sorry, bit drunk.